The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
And they wonder why AK seems to be getting the onslaught of visitors now lol.
It will likely be identical to FLE. The land stuffed to the gills for a first time experience. Same with avatar land. We saw the same thing when Asia opened. Often Everest is a walk on for at least 5 years. Rivers is Ok as is the new boat ride not grand slams more new vs E must do The MK still gets it done. They have volume of winners proven. Family Friendly for all ages. Don't see that for AK Epcot or Studios in this 5 year plan. They've got MK covered though. Admittedly Star will be a boom for the studios. I looke at Toy as nice cute but not likely a must do let's go to Disney to experience like Star Wars

Figgy1

Premium Member
It will likely be identical to FLE. The land stuffed to the gills for a first time experience. Same with avatar land. We saw the same thing when Asia opened. Often Everest is a walk on for at least 5 years. Rivers is Ok as is the new boat ride not grand slams more new vs E must do The MK still gets it done. They have volume of winners proven. Family Friendly for all ages. Don't see that for AK Epcot or Studios in this 5 year plan. They've got MK covered though. Admittedly Star will be a boom for the studios. I looke at Toy as nice cute but not likely a must do let's go to Disney to experience like Star Wars
Tell that to my boys who have slept in front of MGM for SWWs. As far as Toy Story goes I'm hoping it's as immersive as Seuss. I'm looking forward to the rat as long as it goes where the concept art says. Touch the film and we'll be back on the one phone call resort plan:oops:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I was going to celebrate hot dog day but it was one of those "I really don't want to cook" days. My mom brought over a pizza since I still feel like poo.

Don't know if you're one or two hours behind me (Eastern) time, but I figure it's time for your dinner. Here, I brought you some hot dogs for this evening. :)

1437672465-mini-hot-dogs6.jpg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
For anyone -- I've been reading as much as I can about what was announced at D23 (mostly from up in N&R).

There's so much up there that I've only scratched the surface. Like everyone else, I just don't have the time to read everything, and I'm bummed out about that. I've completely missed many threads entirely. :(

Anyway, here's my question--for those of you who are perhaps more familiar with the new announcements, is my interpretation correct -- is every new project going to take FIVE years before they're done? So, we won't see any new cool stuff for five years from now? :confused:

MOXOMUMD

For anyone -- I've been reading as much as I can about what was announced at D23 (mostly from up in N&R).

There's so much up there that I've only scratched the surface. Like everyone else, I just don't have the time to read everything, and I'm bummed out about that. I've completely missed many threads entirely. :(

Anyway, here's my question--for those of you who are perhaps more familiar with the new announcements, is my interpretation correct -- is every new project going to take FIVE years before they're done? So, we won't see any new cool stuff for five years from now? :confused:
There are some things that will open in 2019 but I can't remember what. It's a lot to take in.

donaldtoo

You forgot the annex for A&S:rolleyes: You could spend about 5 days in the DC area doing nothing but space exploration:joyfull: I'm wondering if you're as excited as my guys for the new space restaurant?

Nope, didn't forget the annex, I was including it under the general Air and Space umbrella.
And, spending 5 days learning even more about all kinds of flying would be a 5-day dream come true...!!!!!!! :joyfull: :happy: :)

As far as the space restaurant goes...
At first blush, it all looks and sounds awesome.
The one piece of concept art that I've seen shows the place looking crisp, clean, straightforward, yet whimsically classy.
If they do this right this will be a dream dining destination for me.
But, as we've seen so many times in the past, there are sooo many ways Disney can screw this up, too.
I, of course, hope for the dream dining destination...! :)

Gabe1

October or November? Halloween overlay set up and strip down. That happened to me. I was there during the set up. I was never a fan of overlays, but, I did ride it the first day it opened after the overlay was completed. I was completely disappointed. I want the comparison, if any, between DL's and WDW's. Not to be and not going back is in the future.

I like overlays. It was cute in the Jungle Cruise and once was really fun in Country Bears at WDW. I loved the Osborne Lights overlays in both the residential area and also in the streets, though I found the original Osborne Residential a more lovely, tranquil overlay that more resembled Christmas hometown USA. I find the castle overlay beyond awesome at Christmas. I attended the very first Halloween hard ticket at the MK and their small overlays just for the Castle only during party the time to be very creative too.

Gabe1

Tell that to my boys who have slept in front of MGM for SWWs. As far as Toy Story goes I'm hoping it's as immersive as Seuss. I'm looking forward to the rat as long as it goes where the concept art says. Touch the film and we'll be back on the one phone call resort plan:oops:

Yep, the Star Wars as I said is going to be a hook, that is a pilgrimage of fans unto itself. Toy addition is a small coaster and a spinner. I don't look for it to be more immersive than the playground that was bulldozed that my children spent countless hours exploring. I am wrestling with the the trade-offs of all the backlot original tours, tram, walk through that sucked you into that half of the park for hours vs a few attractions where guests will be excited for a few minutes vs hours of backlot experiences. My guess and only a guess with the new Toy and StarWars guests will be spending far more time in the queues over the actual experience on an attraction. Time will tell. I am intrigued to see what the Great Movie Ride will be altered or bulldozed to be. I'm more concerned about the icon building than a change inside.

Gabe1

I could spend a half day in the original Imagination. I still spend hours in the seas and Land:inlove: We try and do Behind the Seeds every couple of trips:joyfull:

I do fret about what will become of both the balance of the Land and Imagination. I saw how quickly Motion and Horizons were poof gone. WoL took a more slow death.

I genuinely surprised by the very quick closure dates for Energy and GMR at the Studios. Wish they gave the fans a few months or so to have their one last times before they close until 2021, such a long build time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom