The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

It was a fun day. I got to meet two legendary imagineers out in the show floor yesterday, and they were kind enough to chat with me. We got here even earlier today and we were lucky to get into the building queue today, no outside for us. I don't think we will go to the parks and resorts panel today, but there is still plenty of other stuff to keep us busy.

View attachment 215630

Cool! :)

Which Legendary Imagineers did you meet...?!?

donaldtoo

Housekeeping came in with an extra roll away. She couldn't believe they weren't able to get us a new sofa bed. I gave her a tip.

After I was settled, the phone rang. It was a lady from housekeeping apologizing for the difficulties. She saw that the front desk gave us $100 on the account. She said she would credit us another $100. Wow!! Practically got the room for free. :):jawdrop:

Wow, $200!!!
Now, that's a little bit o' "Magical" ;)compensation, right there...!!! :)

Goofyernmost

Haunted Mansion is not going to be operating during my upcoming Disneyland birthday trip. I will miss it.
October or November? Halloween overlay set up and strip down. That happened to me. I was there during the set up. I was never a fan of overlays, but, I did ride it the first day it opened after the overlay was completed. I was completely disappointed. I want the comparison, if any, between DL's and WDW's. Not to be and not going back is in the future.

BAChicagoGal

Haunted Mansion is closing at the end of August. My vacation begins on September the 3rd. I was hoping to maybe get in one or two days of Haunted Mansion, but it is closing before Labor Day weekend.

Halloween Ticket prices and dates came out and they are triple digit. Most days $105. October 31 is $120. Parking not included, but you can enter both DCA and Disneyland three hours before the official start of the party, so it looks like the tickets are park hoppers.

Cesar R M

Haunted Mansion is closing at the end of August. My vacation begins on September the 3rd. I was hoping to maybe get in one or two days of Haunted Mansion, but it is closing before Labor Day weekend.

Halloween Ticket prices and dates came out and they are triple digit. Most days $105. October 31 is $120. Parking not included, but you can enter both DCA and Disneyland three hours before the official start of the party, so it looks like the tickets are park hoppers.
yikes on these prices D:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Even without IPs EPCOT was amazing for kids with lots to see, do and eat. Now I'm missing Innoventions:(

We as a very young family spent so much time at Epcot. At least as much as the MK. With kids 5 years apart and wildly different in height and Epcot being shelter from rain days along with heat it was a wonderful park for us to visit for a 14-16 day vacation.

I try to think of anything my kids could not do when I first brought DS down. I want to say when they added body wars my infant and toddler DD didn't experience that but there was so much more to do with her in WoL while DS and I rode Body Wars. He rode it at 3 years old. There was only an age minimum not height when it opened. He absolutely loved it coming off saying can we do it again Mamma??? The Mom needed a few hours back then, he did not.

But all the other pavilions in FW were family friendly for all ages. There was so much in every single pavilion to interact with for them, not just a E attraction. SSE had a good 1.5 hours of interactive things to explore for my kids. Back then innovations was awesome too! Miss Motion and Horizons for families. Test track is great however it is mostly a queue and a very very short E attraction for the wait.

Figgy1

Premium Member
We as a very young family spent so much time at Epcot. At least as much as the MK. With kids 5 years apart and wildly different in height and Epcot being shelter from rain days along with heat it was a wonderful park for us to visit for a 14-16 day vacation.

I try to think of anything my kids could not do when I first brought DS down. I want to say when they added body wars my infant and toddler DD didn't experience that but there was so much more to do with her in WoL while DS and I rode Body Wars. He rode it at 3 years old. There was only an age minimum not height when it opened. He absolutely loved it coming off saying can we do it again Mamma??? The Mom needed a few hours back then, he did not.

But all the other pavilions in FW were family friendly for all ages. There was so much in every single pavilion to interact with for them, not just a E attraction. SSE had a good 1.5 hours of interactive things to explore for my kids. Back then innovations was awesome too! Miss Motion and Horizons for families. Test track is great however it is mostly a queue and a very very short E attraction for the wait.
I could spend a half day in the original Imagination. I still spend hours in the seas and Land:inlove: We try and do Behind the Seeds every couple of trips:joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom