The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Is cartilage as sensitive as lobe area. I've only poked holes, one in each ear, no more no less. I have not tried titanium or surgical steel. I have two platinum ring settings. You have to be careful with those settings, it is a softer metal and the little prongs that hold the stones in pulls up easily, not nearly as durable as gold. Pretty though, more like a flat-dull white gold.

There is actually no such thing as "white gold", it is regular gold that is rhodium plated.

donaldtoo

They seriously are trying their best to make up to the fact they where terrible?
No surprise.. I mean.. they lost almost 1 billion in a single day in stock value..

Will probably lose hundreds if not thousands of customers..

Yep, whether necessary or not, that was one of the biggest customer service snafu's I've ever seen.
Turns out, the screamin' meme wasn't any upstanding citizen himself, but, what a joke it all was...
Stoopid on top of stoopid with extra stoopid sauce...

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Yes, I've known you long enough over about a decade from 2 different websites, and what you and your kiddos have done for their futures is completely awesome...you have done your job as a parent well, and they are both very successful, and that is beyond admirable...!!! :happy:
And, I also understand the college degree benchmark that exists these days.
My point was just that there are plenty of people with college degrees that I actually have no clue how they even got them.
In my field, I have worked with sooo many Frank Lloyd Wright junior wannabes straight out of college that had no clue, that it would blow your mind. Necessary sketching abilities to convey a concept next to zero, actual design ability almost non-existent, as well. I had a partner call me into his office a while back to show me some design sketches one of my fellow employees that had a 5 year architectural degree from Texas Tech had done. Unfortunately, they were pretty much laughable. And, this is the same school that said partner got his architectural degree from, and he is pretty amazing.
Also, again, it is awesome what you helped your kiddos achieve, but, if everyone chooses to go their route, who is going to be left to repair their car, plumbing, etc., etc., etc.
Balance...

I thank God many times over for my Plumber and my Mechanic. God Sent they are.

Gabe1

There is actually no such thing as "white gold", it is regular gold that is rhodium plated.

That is only half true. Not all white gold is achieved by rhodium plating. You can tell by looking at the rings. The plated ones have that bling look to them very shiny and as they get older will actually start to have a yellowish look to the gold and then the rings need to be replated. Good jewelers, older pieces and antiques are rarely plated with Rhodium. The alloys they mix the gold with will determine the type of white.. White gold is actually graded and you should ask which method the white was used to achieve because the cost and future maintenance of the jewelry. If you are purchasing rhodium you should be paying less. I've inherited a great deal of jewelry over the years. Only one of my white gold rings is dipped plated the rest were whitened with the alloy mixture when creating the white gold. I don't mind the white gold in my dipped ring I just know it will not last if it is worn a lot.

Gabe1

I don't know them all individually to pull out specifically which ones don't fall into that category, however, enough do that it has affected how business reacts to and demands from a new employee.

And this is the problem I have with the stereotyping any demographic.

And a new employee can be a 15 year old or a 69 year old. We've all been new employees and our being handled and reacted to greatly varies by the employer. Not all 15 year old are bad employees and not all 69 year old are awesome or visa versa.

Cesar R M

And this is the problem I have with the stereotyping any demographic.

And a new employee can be a 15 year old or a 69 year old. We've all been new employees and our being handled and reacted to greatly varies by the employer. Not all 15 year old are bad employees and not all 69 year old are awesome or visa versa.
You know, this conversation kinda reminds me on how foxnews right now is blasting on "millenials" and blaming them for everything what is happening. From being "brainwashed" to "lazy". Its insane.
As far I know, the boomers are still the ones who pull the governments.. and I only see these style of complains very similar on how the older generation blamed the boomers.
When a group gets old and bitter.. they seem to blame the next generation and so on.. :|

nasty cycle.

BAChicagoGal

Oh my they seem to have been there for quite a while. Do you have a very large or unusual roof? Anyway I hope they finish up today and clean their mess. Good luck

The roofer only worked on two consecutive weekends, so it was a total of about three days work. There was some preparation days prior to that, of course. They cleaned up very well outside. The inside mess that came down inside the enclosed back porch, we have had to clean ourself. Not too happy about that, but the porch needed a good cleaning anyway. I have been wanting to paint, so I am sure glad that I waited.

BAChicagoGal

I spent the day digging dandelions out of my lawn. They were all around the picnic table, so I moved that. Now the table is in a new place, and I put down some new grass seed in a large patch of the yard that had no grass at all. I watered of course, but I am hoping for some rain this week. I like doing yard work, most of the time, and it was a beautiful day today. Almost time to sow some seeds. I plan on doing more seeds than plants this year. I have my favorites, which are morning glories, sunflowers, nasturtiums, marigolds, and zinnias. Last year was the first year I sowed zinnias, and they did really well.

Gabe1

Yep, whether necessary or not, that was one of the biggest customer service snafu's I've ever seen.
Turns out, the screamin' meme wasn't any upstanding citizen himself, but, what a joke it all was...
Stoopid on top of stoopid with extra stoopid sauce...

His attorney held a press conference. He has hired two over the top law firms in Chicago. He spent many days in the hospital.
The attorney said he remembers nothing after the first time they dragged him down the bouncing his head off the seat legs and knocking out his teeth. His attorney stated he does not believe the judge will be distracted by legal problems his client had in the past as his past didn't play into the event and was only known later, leaked to the media to distract from the behavior of those removing. Him. Last I heard, broken nose, severed sinus, severe concussion, knocked out and broken off teeth.

Within days laws were being written here. Best one I heard was if an airline was going to bump a patron for a seat it can no longer do that in the last 60 minutes of scheduled departure time.

I bumped my share of patrons off flights when there were no volunteers. Never while they were already boarded. Who does that in a narrow steel tube???? Stoopid is right!

BAChicagoGal

Today I was having lunch at a local restaurant, and I got to see a Cubs ring. Not the diamond one given to the players, and the higher ups, but one given to an employee in the park. This lady did not mention if she is a vendor, or an usher. However, I saw her ring, and it was awesome. Same design as the players one, just no jewels/diamonds/sapphires/rubies. It also had no goat, or no writing on the inside. Nice touch by the Cubs organization.

Gabe1

Well, I wonder if they expect a lot of people for Pandora.. and they want to cash as much as possible?

My son told me a while back there were a couple thoughts flying out there, a few were logical, one short sighted.
-guests are returning in the fall so we don't have to feed them
wrong! rooms were never full in the fall despite food and wine
It might be too late this year many have made plans already
but guests might pick another time of year or take Uni up on
their fall perks. Disney always offered discounted packages in the fall prior to Free Dining. (in my mind if this all is confirmed tomorrow, rumor still, this would be the worst fall offering ever in the decades I've been going to Disney. Pay rack rate for room, have to buy park tickets and get only QS food for a room that is over $200 a night? I don't think this change will be a draw for Disney in the future)

-the regular dining plan out grew the table service capacity. Guests not happy with Disney not keep close to ADR time frames, guests missing FPs, guests being told DTD having openings or Olivia's at Key West on busy nights.

-the desire to put some sanity back into their more upscale fine dining even the Cali became a loud sit down diner tone many evenings

Gabe1

My problem with Hershey is the theming. The entrance is great, but then the ride areas have none. Christmas Candy Lane is nice to go to with all the lights. I hate what they did with Chocolate World and the free ride. They took all the theming away from the entrance to the ride. It was awesome when it was jungle themed. Now it is just a bleak hallway, and they have a picture before you go on the ride. We liked it better when it was during the ride. It is just a commercialized area now. We did go there last weekend and went to The Hershey Lodge for lunch. Now that hotel had a really nice shop with nicer items than you would find at Chocolate World.

Me I am not a fan of the Circus version of Barnstormer theming. They had a couple great ones over the 2 decades. The chainlink fence deco doesn't do a thing for me.

donaldtoo

That is only half true. Not all white gold is achieved by rhodium plating. You can tell by looking at the rings. The plated ones have that bling look to them very shiny and as they get older will actually start to have a yellowish look to the gold and then the rings need to be replated. Good jewelers, older pieces and antiques are rarely plated with Rhodium. The alloys they mix the gold with will determine the type of white.. White gold is actually graded and you should ask which method the white was used to achieve because the cost and future maintenance of the jewelry. If you are purchasing rhodium you should be paying less. I've inherited a great deal of jewelry over the years. Only one of my white gold rings is dipped plated the rest were whitened with the alloy mixture when creating the white gold. I don't mind the white gold in my dipped ring I just know it will not last if it is worn a lot.

Bravo Sierra. I stand by my statement...there is no such thing as "white gold" whether rhodium plated, alloy, etc. Gold does not exist in it's natural state as "white". "white gold" is, as you just stated yourself, manmade.

Gabe1

I just had to try this! But I had to do some substitutions to make it work without running to the grocery store.

1 Cup chickpea flour - I used 2 eggs
1/3 Cup nutritional yeast - I used 3 pieces of bacon (chopped)
1/2 tsp baking soda - I used american cheese
1 Cup water - I just drank it.

I was delicious! :)
Ha! :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom