1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by The Mom, Oct 19, 2014.

1. MySmallWorldof4

MySmallWorldof4 Well-Known Member

Again, they get to keep their jobs.:eek:

figmentfan423 and MinnieM123 like this.
  2. donaldtoo

donaldtoo Well-Known Member

image.jpeg

;)

3. StarWarsGirl

StarWarsGirl Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say a "great chunk" of rooms are now DVC. I believe it's between 1-4 buildings. If that. I know I've stayed in the same building twice.

"Wildly popular"...yeah, no. Took forever for Poly to sell out (I'm not sure it even has), and even so, we've had no problem getting in at the 7 month window. Other DVCs are much more popular.

If they expand it at all, it needs to be with one and two bedrooms. It's been a turnoff for many that there were only studios. I could see them expanding it for those units. A major complaint was the lack of one and two bedrooms.

4. MySmallWorldof4

5. StarWarsGirl

Sympathy like. I've been sneezing. Our pollen counts are moderate, so I'm trying to figure out whether it's allergies or if I have a cold. I'm guessing allergies because I'm fairly vigilant about disinfecting my work area and I don't come in contact with very many people at work.

I woke up at 6 am, an hour before I had to be up. The cat was like, "Oh good, you're up. Time to cuddle." Yeah, could we have waited 45 minutes?

6. donaldtoo

Hahaaa...!!! :hilarious: to the Big Bird part...! :)
    Yea, I can see where that could be a not-so-good vivid memory that 7-8 yr. old might carry with them for a while...! :oops: ;)

7. MySmallWorldof4

Our one cat wakes up dh every morning at 3:30 even after the time change. 6am would be so welcome. That would be like a sleep in morning. :confused:

8. donaldtoo

:hilarious:

Many years ago, I may or may not have been plowed well before noon a few times... :cautious: :oops: ;)

9. MySmallWorldof4

Ever try eating local honey for allergies? That is supposed to help.

figmentfan423 and MinnieM123 like this.
  10. Cesar R M

Cesar R M Well-Known Member

I played the "trial" a few days ago (limited to 10 hours). While the animations of the characters and some of the faces are cringeworthy.. the game is very good so far.

figmentfan423 likes this.
  11. StarWarsGirl

I generally have Belle well trained. I leave the door to my room closed because otherwise, sound from downstairs would travel right up and into my room. I have a set of hanging bells I got from Morocco when I was four (Epcot, not the real thing ;) ). Anyway, I have them hanging on the door, and Belle is trained that if she wants out, she rings the bells with her paw, and I open the door. It means I barely wake up if she wants to leave. I also keep the shades up on one if the windows, and she has a perch so she can watch outside in the morning. She has catnip toys nearby that she cab play with.

She also has an automatic feeder that doesn't turn until 6 am, so she knows she gets fed no earlier than that. She's pretty much adjusted to sleeping when we do. Sometimes she'll ask to be let out before I get up. Weekends, someone lets her back in my room late morning. During the week, since I've started working, she pretty much wants to be with me until I leave. She follows me around as I get ready. And then greats me when I get home.

Do I own a cat or a dog?o_O:hilarious:.

12. donaldtoo

Believe me, it can translate just as badly on this side of the pond... :oops:

13. MySmallWorldof4

Gosh, maybe because we named that cat Tigger he is acting like his namesake. Sounds like your Belle is a lovely lady. :)

14. StarWarsGirl

I really don't like honey. I only put it in tea if I'm having a problem with my voice (I'm a singer), which is rare for me.

Right now, I'm using a sinus rinse, which helps, but I probably need to start taking Flonase and Allegra regularly.

15. MySmallWorldof4

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

figmentfan423 likes this.
  16. StarWarsGirl

I've posted this before, but I pretty much couldn't ask for a more well-behaved kitty. She doesn't go outside (looks at us like we're nuts if we suggest the idea), has only gone outside the litterbox when she's been sick, doesn't destroy furniture, you can leave a chicken out to defrost and know it'll still be there if you turn your back, and is completely non-aggressive. She won't attack any human being, not even the vet. I can't say the same for a mouse that wandered inside a few years ago...

17. donaldtoo

You may have mentioned it once or twice. :cyclops: :oops:

image.png
    ;)

18. MinnieM123

MinnieM123 Well-Known Member

That's very true. No, I don't have allergies, but I have read that fact in many reference materials over the years--it HAS to be local honey though.

19. MySmallWorldof4

We have 3 cats. Tigger is the only one with issues as in wakes dh up a bit on the early side. ;) He also has had UTI issues where he has not gone in the litter box. :( Our newest little guy Oliver,also named after a Disney character (looks just like him),is our perfect kitty. We rescued from Petsmart. He was 6 months old when we got him. He had been there for 4 months!! I saw him the end of August in there and then went back Halloween to pick up more cat food. He was still there!! The cutest little orange and white kitty. We had him the next day. :inlove: He is a snuggler and is so gentle. Our cats don't go out either. We try and keep the bunnies safe. :)

20. Dead2009

Dead2009 Well-Known Member

21. donaldtoo

:hilarious:

image.jpeg

;)