The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
YEA! It's a start

I tend to take notice of planes these days after they have been put on hold. I remember how creepity it was to see and hear airplanes the week after 9/11. Not a lot of them but you did notice them. I remember a few times during the grounding of most seeing military and cargo planes. Sometimes in the middle you the night during no fly hours you'd hear an airplane. Learned later they were flying commercial flights to shuttle stranded passengers in efforts to get them home.

Goofyernmost

That's what I get for watching Tangled. "I had a dream":hilarious: At least they haven't posed for Friday yet some schools just north and west of us already called off until Monday:eek: And yet you made fun of me a while back for storm prep:cautious:
I doubt I made fun of you for that, well maybe, but, you are a wealth of things to make fun about. Don't take it personally. ;) I kinda feel sorry for your hubby because it appears that don't ever forget anything. :eek::joyfull: I honestly do feel sorry for everyone up north right now. Part of it is probably guilt (though not much) and part is just sympathy (I feel your pain). That stuff is the exact reason that I took the first opportunity that came up to drop my allegiance and become a y'aller.:)

Gabe1

The leopard one was just to see if I could draft a pattern myself that would fit. It was actually pretty easy but then again nothing fancy schmancy like what you design. As for the shirt no prob as soon as I'm caught up here, not that that's ever going to happen as long as my boys are here:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
th

th

Gabe1

Oh no! That reminds me of a family vacation to Busch Gardens in Tampa. My DD, DH, and I were eating hamburgers and fries outside at one of the restaurants. A huge bird flew down and grabbed the hamburger our DD was eating. She was only 7 or 8 and started crying. She has hated big birds ever since that time. Not Sesame Street's Big Bird though. ;)

I remember @Songbird76 saying a bird stole her sons sandwich while eating outside at the restaurant in one of the Disney waterparks. Neither were amused.

Me I hated the small atypical type birds that use to fly inside the China restaurant in Epcot. They use to dive in snatch something and fly back up into the rafter areas. We don't eat there anymore. I prefer Flame where I can GIVE them some BBQ. Swooping and stealing is not polite. :rolleyes:

flame-tree-barbecue.jpg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I remember @Songbird76 saying a bird stole her sons sandwich while eating outside at the restaurant in one of the Disney waterparks. Neither were amused.

Me I hated the small atypical type birds that use to fly inside the China restaurant in Epcot. They use to dive in snatch something and fly back up into the rafter areas. We don't eat there anymore. I prefer Flame where I can GIVE them some BBQ. Swooping and stealing is not polite. :rolleyes:

flame-tree-barbecue.jpg

I thought the gulls were obnoxious at those outdoor tables by the water (near the Mexico pavilion). Those crazy gulls are aggressive and they're well aware that there's food there. Had one land on my table, and it almost went for the taco, but I shushed him away. I'm used to gulls grabbing at food that hits the ground--not flying on to a table and helping themselves?! :jawdrop: That's just poor manners right there!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I thought so. I remember "that kid" from high school who would use the pencil until it was a stub. Spanish teacher would point to it and say "Seriously?" She finally handed him a new pencil one day. :joyfull:

I actually have a pencil on my desk that I have been using on and off since November of 2015. It is my In-n-Out Burger pencil and as of right now it is about 1 1/2 inch in length. So I guess I'm that kid.:happy:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

flame-tree-barbecue.jpg

We had a bird take our scraps at the Flame Tree in June. It snuck up on us and was really fast. And then it went to another table and took some ribs off of a person's plate. When they told the cast member near by about it, we heard the cast member mutter as she walked away "I wish that alligator had gotten that bird instead of the kid, I hate that bird." Kind of funny but sad at the same time, since it was only 1 week or so after that poor little boy was taken by the gator at the GF.

donaldtoo

Found out today that one of the guys killed in that Melbourne, Australia golf trip plane crash was a former client of our firm. We did a house for him. The partner that worked with him went to a memorial service for him this morning.
So sad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom