The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

We're getting a snowstorm today!! Maybe we'll get about 8 inches, and plenty of time to play in it over the weekend!!! Bring it on! I'm looking forward to shovelling, and it's also good cardio exercise, you know. And--it doesn't cost anything, like a gym membership. It's just outside the front door and is free!! :D

Now, that's what I call makin' lemonade outta' lemons...just don't eat any yellow (lemonade) snow...!!!!! :hilarious: :D ;)

donaldtoo

Here is a funny from this morning....

I've shared before that Kapono (my dog) and I and sometimes hubby go into town on Saturday and get doughnuts or bagels for breakfast. So today we went down and brought back breakfast. Kapono knows what the doughnut box and the store where we get them looks like so she got super excited when she saw them. Anyway, once home I sat in my recliner to eat my breakfast and Kapono is sitting in between my legs watching me eat and waiting for her doughnut pieces. Sometimes she shakes with anticipation (or like someone waiting for their drug fix) as she waits, but she isn't shaking today. I notice she is staring very intently as I pick up my breakfast and put it in my mouth, then I look at her closer and she is drooling! :hungry: I've never seen her drool over food before. A little drool dropped onto my pants and then she licked her chops as I went to give her a piece of doughnut. She almost looked like this...:hungry: It really struck me as funny, she was so focused she was literally drooling over her breakfast! What a crazy girl!:)

Hahaaa...!
Belle and Ranger are drool factories...I think they're somehow related to Hooch...!!! :hilarious:
I never feed them scraps, but, the rest of the fam takes up more than my slack. :rolleyes:
That's OK, less drool on me...! ;)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Wait, are you talking about Bob Mariano? Who just sold his stores to Kroger and retired? He was an exec with Roundy's Pick n Save out of WI. And since Kroger took it over, I can't tell you how many times I have had to bring produce back for a refund.

And the Dominick's story is far from over. http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...r-empty-dominicks-tl-0521-20150518-story.html

As of now, the parent company of Jewel (the other big Chicagoland grocer) has bought out Safeway, and is sitting on leases. This includes renewing leases for vacant properties. Nice way to control the market, huh? Good for them, terrible for the communities it affects.

I'd be surprised if Bob Mariano is out of it for the long haul, health willing anyhow. He has always known how to operate and evolve a store to a chain of stores. His Mariano's were top notch. He kinda expanded a bit too fast and then there was the quick sell off to Kroger. Word is to watch them come back to him/family again in the future. Bob was already linked at the hip to Roundy's. That was the house brand for Mariano's when he launched his first store.

Grocery stores are traded so frequently it is difficult to keep straight any longer who now owns who. My FIL worked almost his entire adult life for OSCO which at a point became Jewel Osco. After that can't even count how many times Jewel has been sold, it is like the hotel industry, they are always swapping franchises.

I never did hear if the vote was taken on the leaving of store fronts vacant. The loophole in tax right off incentive. I hope it did or does pass to close the loop hole. You know the tax codes are wrong when it is more profitable to keep a store vacant then to lease it. Frustrating.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Lately, my back and hips have been giving me problems. I have never had back problems really, but, occasionally my lower back along with my hip joints bother me a little.** Not a lot, but, it usually lasts for a few days and then disappears. This past week end every time I got up out of my chair, I was stooped over like I was 95 years old and it made me very inactive. I finally gave up and headed for the 55 gallon drum of Aleve that I have on hand but hardly ever use. I took two at night and another one at the middle of the day and have been pain free for the last five days. I am normally not a person that heads for the chemicals, but, if all it takes to feel good is a couple of Aleve's a day I'm jumping on board with it.
It usually acts up after I have played golf, but, I am not about to give up what little exercise I get that doesn't involve the mind numbing boredom of just walking.

My chemical BFF is ADVIL, cousin to Aleve. Don't blame you for not giving up Golf even if it is a 'Good Walk Spoiled.' And a walk with a Pup is never boring, the adventures they bring. If you get a really really cute Pup you'll have all sorts of people engaging you along the way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom