The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

We are getting 5 - 10 inches of snow. The Cape is getting more. But today is my normal supermarket day so I went after the gym. So I went to the market a little before 8 and walked right back out.

Lines were 10 people deep and hardly any cashiers on. Only 4 I think. But seriously, why do people think the whole is ending whenever snow comes.
I blame TV spamming end of times and end of humanity style series/movies too constantly.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Here is a funny from this morning....

I've shared before that Kapono (my dog) and I and sometimes hubby go into town on Saturday and get doughnuts or bagels for breakfast. So today we went down and brought back breakfast. Kapono knows what the doughnut box and the store where we get them looks like so she got super excited when she saw them. Anyway, once home I sat in my recliner to eat my breakfast and Kapono is sitting in between my legs watching me eat and waiting for her doughnut pieces. Sometimes she shakes with anticipation (or like someone waiting for their drug fix) as she waits, but she isn't shaking today. I notice she is staring very intently as I pick up my breakfast and put it in my mouth, then I look at her closer and she is drooling! :hungry: I've never seen her drool over food before. A little drool dropped onto my pants and then she licked her chops as I went to give her a piece of doughnut. She almost looked like this...:hungry: It really struck me as funny, she was so focused she was literally drooling over her breakfast! What a crazy girl!:)

Cesar R M

I don't eat those either:p
Cosmic rays over sunshine ... Herasy i tells ya
wober6d.gif

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm not counting on social security if and when I retire

As long as you have other savings (IRAs, etc.), social security should still definitely help you live reasonably and be able to pay your bills. I doubt most people now could rely exclusively on social security like our predecessors. I also don't think it will ever tank--there would be a revolt like nothing we've ever seen in this country if that was on the horizon. They'd find another way to fund it.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Here is a funny from this morning....

I've shared before that Kapono (my dog) and I and sometimes hubby go into town on Saturday and get doughnuts or bagels for breakfast. So today we went down and brought back breakfast. Kapono knows what the doughnut box and the store where we get them looks like so she got super excited when she saw them. Anyway, once home I sat in my recliner to eat my breakfast and Kapono is sitting in between my legs watching me eat and waiting for her doughnut pieces. Sometimes she shakes with anticipation (or like someone waiting for their drug fix) as she waits, but she isn't shaking today. I notice she is staring very intently as I pick up my breakfast and put it in my mouth, then I look at her closer and she is drooling! :hungry: I've never seen her drool over food before. A little drool dropped onto my pants and then she licked her chops as I went to give her a piece of doughnut. She almost looked like this...:hungry: It really struck me as funny, she was so focused she was literally drooling over her breakfast! What a crazy girl!:)

Ha ha ha!!! Gotta tell you, Jack always drools--actually he slobbers over the scent of food!!

BAChicagoGal

Nothing at all wrong with taking pills if you need them. The key here is quality of life. Some years ago I had a bad form of arthritis (but it's the kind that can go away into remission for a while or forever). I was given different types of pills for some years. It gave me my life back, and I was also fortunate that this particular form of arthritis went into remission after about 4 years. That experience changed my thinking about how to deal with certain medical issues. You deserve to be pain free and live your life.

I have never taken Aleve, but ibuprofen helps the pain in my knees, my left foot, and the pain I get in my lower back sometime. I just take one, and it really makes a difference.

Cesar R M

My husband is still working, even though he finally gets his first Social Security benefit amount next week. No way, we could totally make it on the Social Security alone. I remember my poor mom did not even get a thousand dollars a month. Thankfully she did not live alone, and had no mortgage.
Maybe you should move to Mexico. 1,000 USD kinda gives you decent living if you own a house already.

Plus no snow ;)

The bad?
toasty summers, earthquake and hurricane prone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom