The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

I made french onion soup tonight too, but I don't get to eat it. Our town is having a big Spirit of Christmas festival this weekend and my church is having a bake sale & soup meal for it. So I was asked to make a soup, actually it was more of a demand to make french onion soup. Apparently I make good french onion and the church ladies love it.
I love french onion soup. I have never made it though. I need to look up a recipe.

betty rose

That's why I married a pastor, he's my ticket into heaven!

I'm sure we will be taking some walking in the cold temperatures but we really haven't had that cold of temperatures yet, this is the coldest it has been so far. So I'm still a little bit of a wimp.
It's 8 below zero right now. I'm not going out of the house. I can't take these kind of temps.

Goofyernmost

I love french onion soup. I have never made it though. I need to look up a recipe.
It's easy, just use the Goofyernmost method. (not really unsimilar to the catch up with posts method of just marking them as read) First you go to the store and buy a dry package of French Onion Soup Mix. Next you take one large onion, cut off the ends, slice it in half (across the grain) (and then several times with the grain depending on how wide you want your onion strips) pull it apart and saute slowly until the onions have caramelized. In the mean time you follow the recipe on the box of Soup Mix and get it cooking. Once the soup has reached a simmer, put in the caramelized onions and let it simmer for 15 or so minutes. Then ladle into individual soup crocks, place, preferably slightly dry, bread on and cover that with mozzarella or the equivalent favorite meltable cheese (provolone or whatever), put under the broiler for a couple of minutes or until the cheese starts to bubble, and there it is. Usually less then a half hour only a few steps, no measuring just nicely seasoned French Onion Soup. Not, of course, your gourmet labeled type, but, quite good and settles the craving for a bit.
It's 8 below zero right now. I'm not going out of the house. I can't take these kind of temps.
I can't take even talking about those kind of temps.! :cold:

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

Just had a fantastic interview with a staffing company today. I was with the manager for an hour. Apparently, they liked my resume so much that the manager told her staff member to skip the prescreening step; she wanted to talk with me. We talked about everything, from my work history to my time at college, even Disney (I had Mickey earrings on). I'm 99% sure I'll get a call for a second interview. It was fantastic, and I'm really hoping I get this job. It's to work for the company, not for them to place me. They're looking to bring on two more recruiters. It's base salary is right around what I was looking to make, plus I can make comissions. So we shall see, but I'm very excited

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom