The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
From @ajrwdwgirl 's quote below --
It was nine of us but the group was really quiet so it was really just me and one other lady asking questions and talking to the imagineer. It was funny because I get shy in new social situations ( I was excited about this and had my stomach in knots with anxiety for a couple days leading up to this) and when I booked this hubby said I had to ask at least one question because he knows I get shy. So when I told him I was the talkative one he laughed. I am planning on doing a trip report so I will give more details then. By the way while I did this hubby was golfing.[/QUOTE]

My response to the above (for some reason I had difficulty quoting from her post) --

Yea! Good for you for asking questions!! I'd have a bunch to ask, too, and I don't think I'd be shy either. It's a small enough group and everyone is there for the same reason. So I think I'd also feel comfortable to engage in conversation. I'm just thrilled for you that you got to experience this! I'm so jealous!! :cat:

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Cesar R M

.Spray on sunblock gone wrong
sunbrun-imgur-spray-suntan-today-160516-tease_9d66a99bd4c8f87fcc1149dcd097a4a3.jpg
someone was very laaazy on the poor guy on the left.

MOXOMUMD

I never even knew there was a SeaWorld in Ohio.
The one that opened in San Antonio, Texas in '88 seems to still be going pretty strong.
Yep, about fifteen minute drive from me. There was Sea World and right next to it was Geauga Lake amusement park. They were bought by and converted to a Six Flags around 2000 which ran it into the ground. When we were in high school almost everyone worked at Sea World or Geauga Lake. My sister worked as a caricature artist at SW. I didn't work there though. My best friends and I were working concessions at Municipal Stadium during Indians games.

Here's a map of what the park looked like. We went every year on field trips there.

sea-world-mapjpg-1194ee4338b8f4bc.jpeg

MOXOMUMD

Hey there. So, of course we had to go to honor Orlando. The whole thing was about Orlando. It was sad, happy, empowering, joyous, and very emotional. And cocktails. Please to enjoy, a little photo pictorial of NYC Pride 2016, and of course, do not expect anything close to the amazing pics of @MOXOMUMD :)

View attachment 148521

Looking very crowded on Christopher Street. But we had to get to our brunch reservation, which included all you can drink cocktails for $13.95!! And look, we made it!

View attachment 148522
That would be a Blueberry Caipirinha, which sounds maybe disgusting, but was kind of amazing. And potent. And 90 minutes of drinks to go.

View attachment 148523

So, this is someone we don't know. I call her Rainbow Brite. She came over and started talking to Phil for like a half an hour. And why is she holding a lime?

I have more sense than to run my mouth yapping. I was busy pounding drinks during my 90 minutes of free cocktails. :)

Then, it was time for some more parade.

View attachment 148524

View attachment 148525 View attachment 148527

There are more, but you get the idea.

And finally, we went to the Pride Fest, which is sort of a street fair that sells a lot of stuff you don't need. But instead of buying, we just did a lot of posing. I blame the blueberry caipirinhas. ;) Anyway, happy Pride everyone. Not just for what we were celebrating, but what everyone everywhere can be proud of, which I think is what it is all about to begin with.

PS - The final picture looks like I have blueberries coming out of my head, and i just might, considering how many blueberry cocktails I drank beforehand. :)

View attachment 148528 View attachment 148529
Those are awesome. :) It looks like you're drinking an alcoholic bubble tea. :joyfull:

MOXOMUMD

Sympathy like. Hope it gets better soon! :)
I've been stung by bees and wasps many times.
One of the more memorable times was when we were at a wedding reception many years ago at a local country club. We were enjoying dinner on an outdoor terrace, and a yellow jacket kept buzzing us. Finally, I saw my opportunity and swatted at it. Only, as a reflex action I guess, I actually closed my hand in the process. In the split second it took me to realize my mistake, it was too late...!!! :eek: :hilarious:
Got me on the palm right between my ring and middle finger on my right hand.
The wasp didn't make it...I threw hard on the terrace and squished it... :oops:
I was probably about 6 years old (when you know better not to do something but you do it anyway :angelic: ) and we were with my dad at the Masonic Lodge for some big fancy meeting and there were bees on this window. My dad was off mingling and my sister and I were seeing if I could pet a bee. :facepalm: I got stung but we both cried so hard that we got some cake to feel better. After 2 pieces each, we ended up laughing giddily because we got to have sweets in the banquet room before anyone else did. I haven't tried to pet a bee since though! :joyfull:

donaldtoo

So, I finally got to the lab last Friday morning to have my 3 month overdue labs done for a 3 month overdue routine doctors appointment. :oops:
I'm not usually late with things relating to that, but, stuff gets lost in the mix sometimes. I had the Docs appointment this morning.
All my functions and numbers were in normal ranges, except for a few...
Blood sugar up from 106 to 108, but, glucose AC1 down from 5.8 to 5.6...kinda' a wash.
Vitamin D at a dismal 12, but, DWifeys was an 11 recently, so we both have been given prescriptions for large doses to take once a week for 3 months and have our levels tested again. I asked why this seems to be such a problem for so many these days, and she said that it's something they used to not test for so much and now are. She said you could lay out in the sun all day, every day, and not make up the difference. Plus, as we all know, skin cancer.
The biggest surprise was my cholesterol. My triglycerides have always been in order, and my good has always been better than my bad. But, my cholesterol went from 239 down to 189 since my last labs... o_O
I have no clue, but, I'll take it...!
Oh, and I lost 4 pounds...!!! :joyfull: :D ;) :)

BuddyThomas

I was lucky enough to see Fun Home on Broadway one last time tonight. Good thing. I needed a good cry. This closes in September and I totally recommend this to anyone who is looking for outstanding theatre. And if you need a good cry, that will help too. If anyone is coming into town and is interested, I might be able to help with discounted tix.
poster fun home.JPG
program fun home.JPG

donaldtoo

Today I emptied my DS closet. I even found pennants from Sesame Street Live from when he was a preschooler on the top shelve. Also up there was Brio Train sets, the original type. Didn't even know we still had those.

Hahaaa...!
We went to SSL at least three times, along with Wringling Brothers Barnum and Bailey Circus three times, and Barney at least twice...!!! :hilarious:
Great memories, but, oh my, the...

image.jpeg

:D ;) :)

donaldtoo

I know....that's what I mean. I was a fan of the original ride, before they made the movies. Once they made the movies, they added Jack Sparrow to the ride, and since she said WDW got the cliffnotes version, it sounds like they are maybe both based on the movie now. So I'm wondering which is closer to the original, pre-movie ride I loved.

Again, probably already been answered, but, as far as movie inclusions are concerned, I think they're about the same.
The one at DLR has always been longer, including more scenes, and an additional drop.
At WDW they could only do the one drop, because MK is only 14 feet above the Florida water table, due to the fill from the excavation of Seven Seas Lagoon being used to raise the MK up. Which was also used to create the utilidors. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom