The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

Ewe Ewe Ewe.

And today on our riverwalk-CrawDad holes. What the heck!

2 feet from that my DD and I saw a Beaver. I've lived here 30 years and never saw a beaver and my DD nearly rode her bike off the trail.
Indications the river is high enough to support freak'n Beavers? He was cute though.
Those are cute animals, we got to see a couple of them building a dam, hiking out here.

Last edited:

betty rose

My DS was in 3rd grade when we had our first Macintosh Apple computer. My DD was a wiz by age 4. She could upload her own games from a CD Rom and quickly learned not to ask Dad to do it as at 4 she could do in minutes what took him forever.

The warp my son had and somewhat my DD the teachers fought computers for a freak'n decade. The students on the other hand mastered what the teachers were struggling to understand. Our teachers feared breaking them and lacked the understanding to manipulate them. Kids just didn't fear them just accepted them as they did a simple telephone and cell. Our district finally implemented mandatory inservices to learn and demanded use since the teachers just ignored the computers in the classroom and computer lab. The only good thing that actually came from elementary school use of computers was each of my kids had a keyboard class 2x a week in the lab to teach them to touch type. A skill many still don't possess.

Back then there was computer after school. Kids could stay afterschool and learn how to use computers from the staff that didn't understand them lol. It wasn't long before that option was eliminated as those kids knew what they were doing.
I learned touch typing in high school. It was elective class. So useful.

Goofyernmost

I know....that's what I mean. I was a fan of the original ride, before they made the movies. Once they made the movies, they added Jack Sparrow to the ride, and since she said WDW got the cliffnotes version, it sounds like they are maybe both based on the movie now. So I'm wondering which is closer to the original, pre-movie ride I loved.
Nothing really has change from the originals at either park. About 4 or 5 scenes have been slightly altered to fit Jack and his buddy's in, but, the main show has changed very little. The scene with the ship firing on the fort has put in Barbossa, The water mist scene in the beginning has a projection of Davy Jones, Jack pop up next to the mayor dunking scene and again in the city scene with all the drunk pirates. The biggest change is the ending scene, but, it really doesn't take away anything from the memory of the original, in my opinion. It wasn't a massive redo. It just fit them in certain areas so people could identify with it.

MouseDreaming

I've told this story before, I was eating an apple and I didn't notice the yellow jacket on the apple, I bit down, and the bee stung me on the tongue.
Which leads to the bad mommy story. When my son was 3, I took him to a McDonalds with a playground. After running around, he came back to take a sip of his drink. All of a sudden, he starts crying, and a bee comes out of his mouth. I hadn't seen it go in the straw. Stung him right on the inside of his lower lip. It looked like he got punched in the mouth for awhile after that.

Cesar R M

O.k. I've got a bizarre one to add to this "stinging" subject. A long time ago, I was in Bermuda and went to church there on Sunday morning. I go to sit on the bench, and my right hand leaned on the top of the bench in front of mine. Zap! There was a small bee exactly where I leaned with my hand and I got stung!! :eek: What are the chances of that happening?? One in a million??!! :banghead:
UN BEE LIAVABLE! :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom