The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
So I tend to avoid Black Friday, as I despise crowds. However, we have a Petsmart in our area, and it's a stand-alone store (not in any kind of shopping mall). I saw that they had my dog's (24-pound bag of dog food) on sale, so I went over there this morning. Well, not only did I get that sale price, but the employee inside handed me a $5.00 coupon off anything in the store, just for today! All in all, I saved $13.00!!! :joyfull:

Meanwhile, I haven't gotten any gifts for the "people" on my Christmas list yet . . . :p (Actually, I did buy a gift for my sister about 2 weeks ago, but that's all I've bought so far.) ;)
I'm done Christmas shopping YEA!!!!!!!!! I also went to the fabric store and the craft store store while I was out seeing I had coupons. The fabric store was a zoo but everybody was very nice passing bolts of fabric back and forth. I got about 80% off after sales and coupons so it was worth the trip. Most of what I got there was for next year's projects. My younger ds will need all new shorts for next summer and I got enough very nice twill to make enough for the summer including our trip:) the craft store had T shirts 4 for 10 so I'm going to have my men wear matching shirts at least one day on our trip. now I just have to wait for Christmas to get going on my projects.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'd have to ship an oven consolidated in a SeaBox. Or at least a convection counter top oven also about $500 for a nice sized on. Consolidated shipping isn't all that prohibitive for something you'd likely get at least 10 years or more out of. Home Depot will even ship internationally. I'd guess the biggest hurdle would be the wiring. Just can't imagine living without sometype of an oven.
I think if it was just my dh and I, I could live with a my countertop convection, a rice cooker, slowcooker and 2 burners quite nicely. With teen boys roaming around my kitchen is too small at times even with the big oven and all of other assorted cooking gadgets.:hilarious:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So very sweet of you Minnie! :happy:
Sorry I'm so late, and so far behind.
He is doing awesome...!
Both my mom and pop are just awesome people. It will be hard to lose them someday. But, then again, I could go before them.
Life's a carp shoot. ;)

First of all, I'm so happy to hear about your dad's health!! :)

When you posted the Normal Rockwell "Thanksgiving" picture the other day, I thought to myself that the image is probably very close to your actual holiday gathering. You are so fortunate to have your parents still around (mine passed away years ago), and much of your family (and some rellies) are relatively close by. So I can see the whole group having a good time together on Thanksgiving. What's left of my family (siblings, relatives) is spread out all over the country, and we rarely see each other. My sister is the only one who lives fairly close by. Gotta admit, I miss the old days when the family (and grandparents) were all together at home on Thanksgiving, and we all helped out with the meal. Then, we would all just relax for the rest of the day.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
the network thing is creepy D:

Hee hee . . . I tend to agree with that. ;) Although I'm not interested in Fitbit myself, I know that different methods work for different people. It gives some people incentive to compare their progress with others, so I can understand the appeal of a network of running pals for some. (Personally, I'd hate it because if I missed a day of running, then everyone would know that I slacked off!! :p ) Anyway, it's all a moot point, because I never run! :D

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Today in 2002, Treasure Planet -- my #5 all time favorite Disney movie -- was released in the USA. Happy 13th birthday!
treasure-planet-disneyscreencaps.com-3115.jpg

Ever since I've frequented the Chit Chat thread for the past few years now, I've realized just how many Disney movies out there i have never seen (or even heard of)!! :cat:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Something in life I've never experienced, no male in my life has ever cooked let alone tackled thanksgiving

Not sure I've ever known any either, but that doesn't mean there are many that do. As we found out from @MOXOMUMD , her dad was quite the cook for Thanksgiving dinner, when she was growing up. :)

Come to think of it, look at all the fantastic chefs around the world -- many are men. So that's something for us to think about! :happy:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
They count steps. Both of my kids are active people but they both spend far more time sitting at a desk then they had. The average goal for adults is 10,000 steps per day to stay in shape and not be sedentary. If they fall way short they start moving. Me, I don't need one a rarely sit until I collapse in bed at night. My walks with Walt usually put me up there pretty quickly and the 2x a day in nicer weather does it.

What about pedometers? They also count steps and have been around a lot longer than the Fitbits. I know the Fitbits do other dandy things, but a cheapo pedometer will also count steps. ;) The only reason I'm bringing this up is because some of the employees at work joined a group diet plan, and they had to walk the 10,000 steps a day. All were given these little cheapie pedometers to count the steps--pedometers worked fine! :happy:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Time for Disneyland pics! I had hoped to get there when it opened, but DD took her time getting up that morning. :) So we arrived at 8:30am, but it took some time to pay for parking, although the trams were pretty quick, but getting through the gates took some more time. We decided to go on Alice in Wonderland first, which had about a 20 minute wait, but while in line it temporarily closed due to someone losing something on the ride. Fortunately, it didn't take long for the ride to get going again, but by the time we got on it was about 9:45am. While we waited, the woman behind us said that the park was way more crowded on Mon and Tue, so crowded that they were literally directing people where to go throughout the park. :jawdrop: I've never experienced that degree of crowdedness and hope I never do.

Anyway, here are some Alice pics. A little blurry, though.
View attachment 121048 View attachment 121050 View attachment 121051 View attachment 121052

Next up was Snow White. The witch scared DD, though.
View attachment 121053 View attachment 121054

Then we went on Pinocchio, which DD enjoyed. She hasn't seen the movie yet, but she's read the picture book.
View attachment 121055 View attachment 121056

Next up was Storybook Land, which DD really enjoyed. She thought the miniatures were so cute!
View attachment 121057

Oh, the Alice in Wonderland pictures are so pretty!!! I wish I could see that ride or better yet, I wish that WDW would add this attraction. (Yah . . . I know . . . will never happen . . . :rolleyes: )

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I watched Chicago too. Disney and Macy's are very different than what I am accustomed to. We all know how Disney does their Christmas Parades, it isn't a parade any longer. It is performances spliced together amid the infomercials for their properties and DVC. NYC has become very staged performances vs a parade in motion, why it takes so long. Chicago is still a traditional parade of talent. All types are available, depends on your taste in what is now classified as a parade.

Dang, :( I wish I had seen the Chicago parade. I have seen it in the past, and it is a really nice parade On Thanksgiving morning, all I saw were two stations with the Macy's parade on, so I didn't even realize that they covered the Chicago parade this year as well.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Dang, :( I wish I had seen the Chicago parade. I have seen it in the past, and it is a really nice parade On Thanksgiving morning, all I saw were two stations with the Macy's parade on, so I didn't even realize that they covered the Chicago parade this year as well.
I really should have found a few minutes to check out at least one of the Thanksgiving parades. The only thing I saw was somebody from Descendants because my ds called me out to see her:hilarious::facepalm:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm done Christmas shopping YEA!!!!!!!!! I also went to the fabric store and the craft store store while I was out seeing I had coupons. The fabric store was a zoo but everybody was very nice passing bolts of fabric back and forth. I got about 80% off after sales and coupons so it was worth the trip. Most of what I got there was for next year's projects. My younger ds will need all new shorts for next summer and I got enough very nice twill to make enough for the summer including our trip:) the craft store had T shirts 4 for 10 so I'm going to have my men wear matching shirts at least one day on our trip. now I just have to wait for Christmas to get going on my projects.

Well, of course you're done--why would we think anything else?! :p

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@catmom, your pictures are exquisite. There are so many beautiful things out there in Disneyland--it's like a little paradise, all by itself. Funny, but one of the pictures that I focused on the most was a parade picture with a ballerina on pointe. Because I'm such an uncoordinated dork, I could never see myself on pointe to begin with, but more to this picture--how in heck does she keep her balance on pointe, while the float is moving like that?! :eek:

The Finding Nemo pics were fun, too. I really love the parade--so festive!! :cat:

FutureCEO

With the Canadian Amazon, you have to be a Prime member to get the free 2 day shipping. Everyone else gets free standard shipping after you spend $25 or more and can upgrade to 2 day for a fee. I am not a Prime member and never upgrade. I find it still always comes in 2 days. (Can you tell that Amazon is my go-to store?)

I get the trial of free shipping for a month. Long short, my mom's birthday was the day before Thanksgiving and I had no gift so took the free two days shipping so it would get here on time. And it got here the day of her birthday.

I would not get Prime though. I don't buy a lot; if I do, I can wait the week or so til it gets here. Amazon Prime movies and tv are horrible in my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom