The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

Welcome back, Bets! I hope your Thanksgiving meal was scrumptious!!
Thanks we had a great Thanksgiving. We got the expected ice and snow, but we took it slow and did just fine. I think most people started home later than us. We left the kids at 10 and got home around 10:45 pm. Very late for me, so I slept in this morning. It was 4 degrees and I wasn't wanting to get out of my warm bed. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving too. With lots of good food, and family.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So I tend to avoid Black Friday, as I despise crowds. However, we have a Petsmart in our area, and it's a stand-alone store (not in any kind of shopping mall). I saw that they had my dog's (24-pound bag of dog food) on sale, so I went over there this morning. Well, not only did I get that sale price, but the employee inside handed me a $5.00 coupon off anything in the store, just for today! All in all, I saved $13.00!!! :joyfull:

Meanwhile, I haven't gotten any gifts for the "people" on my Christmas list yet . . . :p (Actually, I did buy a gift for my sister about 2 weeks ago, but that's all I've bought so far.) ;)

betty rose

Happy Thanksgiving! The smoker is fired up and the first bit of food is already in it. I went to bed before the boys and they left a bit of a mess so I'm off to get everything ready only 8 1/2 hours left to get everything done. LOL I'm not complaining as I'm ahead of schedule and might get to sit for a bit today! Something I never seem to get to do on most holidays. @betty rose and @Cesar R M I hope you have better than expected weather today! xoxo
Thank you, we left early and got home late last night. We took it easy and did just fine. It snowed all day yesterday, but the sun is back out today. I love Colorado, at least most storms are followed by sun, even if it was only 4 degrees.

betty rose

So I tend to avoid Black Friday, as I despise crowds. However, we have a Petsmart in our area, and it's a stand-alone store (not in any kind of shopping mall). I saw that they had my dog's (24-pound bag of dog food) on sale, so I went over there this morning. Well, not only did I get that sale price, but the employee inside handed me a $5.00 coupon off anything in the store, just for today! All in all, I saved $13.00!!! :joyfull:

Meanwhile, I haven't gotten any gifts for the "people" on my Christmas list yet . . . :p (Actually, I did buy a gift for my sister about 2 weeks ago, but that's all I've bought so far.) ;)
We haven't done any shopping. Hope to start and finished this next week. I hate crowds too. I refuse to shop on Thanksgiving, I want people to have a holiday.

betty rose

And, may I wish all my pals here in the U.S. a very HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

And to our wonderful international pals, I wish the same sentiment from the USA --

In Canada: @JenniferS and @French Quarter

In Mexico: @Cesar R M

Overseas: @MR FERRET and @Songbird76

Happy%20Thanksgiving.jpg
What she said.

betty rose

We're back from mom and pops. Good grief, I'm so stuffed. I'm not even gonna' go through the list of goodies... :confused:
And yes, pop is recovering nicely, losing weight, and is as perfectly feisty as ever. Good Lord, I love my folks...! :happy:
But, we had to pig out a bit, 'cause it's Thanksgiving...!!! :joyfull: ;) :)
Glad you had a great time with the folks. These days are so special.

Cesar R M

Well as for Jack, I've been up a few hours and so far he seems just fine. He's playing now with one of his chew toys, that he dragged upstairs to the bathroom. (He enjoys variety in his playing locations. ;) )

Hubby was disappointed with his race time yesterday -- 40 minutes, but he said that the culprit was the huge running field of 10,000 runners. He was frustrated that he often got stuck behind individuals and groups and couldn't pass them, so it really messed up his time. (Not all the streets were wide enough for the runners to spread out as needed.) Anyway, I was proud of him for running the race, considering I never run. I'll walk all over the place, but I hate running, period.

Now the funny thing is that when each of the racers passed the finish line, they were handed a free apple pie to take home! HA! :D

Yes, I'll wait a good ten minutes next time before I try to remove the loaf from the oven pan. Thank you for the tip.
I remember that was the usual complain on the RUN DISNEY events.
Where people who BARELY can run, decide to participate but end blocking the people who actually do run.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom