The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

In the sandwich it was cheese, egg, and bacon. The croissant was good as was the bacon, the eggs were just okay. The eggs at McDonald's are better and that isn't saying a whole lot.
The egg looked like it was made from a powdered egg mix. Those don't have any flavor. I loved seeing all your pictures. I'm getting excited for my trip in late January. Thanks!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
There's nothing wrong with Stove Top. I do make it at home from time to time to go with a quick meal. But for special occasions? No way. I'm with your husband.

I'm the same way, Stove Top is good for everyday use but not for holidays. My husband's family always ate Stove Top, even for holidays, so once he had my mom's home made stuffing he was hooked.

French Quarter

Ready for another finance rant? Because here it comes:

Today, the professor didn't do much in class because he thought a bunch of people would be out. We were only missing a few people, so it didn't matter. He was going over material for the test. There were two pages, and I did not get a second page. I raised my hand and asked for the second page. The professor asked me why I didn't have it. Um...maybe because I'm the only person in the front row and it just didn't make it down that way? Then, he called another student lazy. Then, I asked him if we could have a bunch of problems from the book with answers to study from. This led to a long rant about how much we ask of him and that he already made us this study guide (which, frankly, is a course outline). And he thinks we're lazy? The way I see it, my request was not unreasonable (in the words of Agent K is Men in Black 3, how the h**** do I know what I don't know), but even so, the way he dealt with it was completely unprofessional. I felt like crying because he yelled at me but was not going to give him that satisfaction. Thinking it might be time for another email to his supervisor (the associate dean, an old professor of mine).

Oh, and he still doesn't know whether he is going to curve that test that most people failed (but that I did not thankfully).

People shouldn't yell at people. I'm with you on that...

Your professors give you study guides and review material before tests? I wouldn't do that for my students.

betty rose

So anyone know what one of these lollipops will cost at the new (high end)Ganachery, Disney Springs? Me loves some chocolate.

The-Ganachery.jpg
I can't wait for this chocolate store to open. I'm a confirmed chocoholic!

Songbird76

I'm the same way, Stove Top is good for everyday use but not for holidays. My husband's family always ate Stove Top, even for holidays, so once he had my mom's home made stuffing he was hooked.
May I ask...do you stuff your bird with it or cook it separately? And if you cook it separately, may I have the recipe? I can't really get a turkey here, not without going to a specialty poultry shop about 30 mins from here, nor could we eat a whole turkey. But we also don't have stuffing here. I have a recipe, but it makes way too much and is not the best...I've had to tweak it to make it good, but it comes out different every time I make it. It would be nice to have a reliable recipe.

Songbird76

We don't use cream cheese but a vanilla icing. The only place I've had that liquidy topping that melts down the sides is at Cinnabon....which is delicious. Never tried to do that at home though.
Cinnabon is delicious. My recipe is supposed to be a fake cinnabon recipe...as in, someone tried to replicate it, so it's not official, but very good. But I love cream cheese frosting on my cinnamon rolls.

Songbird76

Ok, for those interested (if you're not, feel free to skip this):
The MIA picture goes with the first 3 letter pictures...it's the news article about the same person who wrote the letter. I've censored the names for privacy just in case.
MIA.jpg
MIA.jpg

Attachments

• Letter1.jpg
    Letter1.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 7
  • letter2.jpg
    letter2.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 8
  • letter3.jpg
    letter3.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 7

Songbird76

letter4.jpg letter4.jpg letter5.jpg letter6.jpg

These were all written to either my mom or my grandmother by brothers, cousins, etc of my grandmother. There's also a bracelet from Paris, that I think was sent to my mom by her older brother: DSCF4367.JPG

Edited to add, with all the letters, I put them with the envelope in the back so you can see the postal date on them. The first one is dated on the letter itself, but the later ones aren't.

Last edited:

Songbird76

Good day everyone. Thanksgiving drive to the kids house may be challenging, starting with freezing rain, turning to snow. This next storm is expected to bring 5 to 10 inches. Here we go again. It's not officially winter, yet.:cold::coldfeet::jawdrop:
You getting a storm there, too? My dad said he was going to head to his friend's house already today so he didn't get snowed in at home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom