The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

I was going through some stuff in my shed yesterday and I found a box of pictures and such, and there was a smaller box inside of it that contained some WWII era photos of some of my family, as well as a a letter written to my grandmother by her brother. The letter is dated 1944 and says it's from France. Then there's a newspaper article that says this same person was missing in action. I found on the internet that he was a POW in a german camp in Wurtemburg. And there were letters to my mother and grandmother from other relatives...Christmas cards really, but they look kind of like photocopies more than real cards. But they are all military and dated 1943 or 1944. I remember someone on here Maybe @donaldtoo or @Goofyernmost was a WWII buff. It's just family stuff, so not worth anything, but I found it fascinating, if anyone wanted to see.

Songbird76

Here are some day two pictures just for you chit chatters....
We went to the Boardwalk for breakfast
View attachment 120467

They claimed it was a warm cinnamon roll, but it really wasn't. It was tasty enough. My latte was good though.
View attachment 120468

We also shared the breakfast croissant sandwich. It was okay.
View attachment 120469

Then to the Studios and to Toy Story.
View attachment 120470 View attachment 120471

The Streets of America in the daytime.
View attachment 120472

Star Tours

View attachment 120473

The Chinese Theater as it was meant to be...no HAT!
View attachment 120474

View attachment 120475

View attachment 120476
What's in the breakfast croissant? Is that apple? I've read a lot of reviews and such that say you have to go early in the morning to get the cinnamon roll to be warm. Sad, as it looks tasty!

Songbird76

Thanks for the encouragement. I really need it right now. I have to give into the old age factor because the past 5 weeks, with the trip and the surgery have taken a lot out of me. I feel like I was pulled through a strainer, rode hard and put away wet and a dozen or so other phrases that I cannot post on a family board. :joyfull:
I'm so sorry...I hope it gets better soon. Did they give you any indication how long it SHOULD take to get better?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Ready for another finance rant? Because here it comes:

Today, the professor didn't do much in class because he thought a bunch of people would be out. We were only missing a few people, so it didn't matter. He was going over material for the test. There were two pages, and I did not get a second page. I raised my hand and asked for the second page. The professor asked me why I didn't have it. Um...maybe because I'm the only person in the front row and it just didn't make it down that way? Then, he called another student lazy. Then, I asked him if we could have a bunch of problems from the book with answers to study from. This led to a long rant about how much we ask of him and that he already made us this study guide (which, frankly, is a course outline). And he thinks we're lazy? The way I see it, my request was not unreasonable (in the words of Agent K is Men in Black 3, how the h**** do I know what I don't know), but even so, the way he dealt with it was completely unprofessional. I felt like crying because he yelled at me but was not going to give him that satisfaction. Thinking it might be time for another email to his supervisor (the associate dean, an old professor of mine).

Oh, and he still doesn't know whether he is going to curve that test that most people failed (but that I did not thankfully).

Sympathy like. I know it doesn't help the situation, but at least the semester is almost done right? Then you can be rid of him, hopefully the deans can help out this semester, but at least they will be aware of problems for future students.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
@ajrwdwgirl The photo of the Great Movie Ride made my morning. It brought me back to the ways things use to be. With all the changes coming to the Studios it will be nice to have the GMR as a big, familiar welcome in the future when we all enter the park. The photo gave me one of those deja vu moments. :inlove:

My husband had never seen it without the hat, and he was impressed with how much better the area and the view from the entrance looked without the hat.

Songbird76

@ajrwdwgirl , those are more wonderful piccies!! I really like the stars along the sides of the streets on the poles in DHS. That's a nice effect for holiday decorating.

As for your cinnamon roll, it didn't quite look like the usual swirled cinnamon rolls that I'm used to. Also, they generally put sort of melted frosting on the top that drizzles down the sides. The frosting they used in your picture looks more like the frosting one would use on a cake, for example. Glad it tasted o.k., but to me, it wasn't really a traditional roll, as you pointed out.

These rolls are among the many serious subjects that we discuss on Chit Chat!!! :hilarious:
Huh...we've always done cream cheese frosting on cinnamon rolls. Not the kind of glaze that melts down the sides.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I was going through some stuff in my shed yesterday and I found a box of pictures and such, and there was a smaller box inside of it that contained some WWII era photos of some of my family, as well as a a letter written to my grandmother by her brother. The letter is dated 1944 and says it's from France. Then there's a newspaper article that says this same person was missing in action. I found on the internet that he was a POW in a german camp in Wurtemburg. And there were letters to my mother and grandmother from other relatives...Christmas cards really, but they look kind of like photocopies more than real cards. But they are all military and dated 1943 or 1944. I remember someone on here Maybe @donaldtoo or @Goofyernmost was a WWII buff. It's just family stuff, so not worth anything, but I found it fascinating, if anyone wanted to see.

What a fun find! I would be interested in see those, WWII is one of my favorite history eras.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
What's in the breakfast croissant? Is that apple? I've read a lot of reviews and such that say you have to go early in the morning to get the cinnamon roll to be warm. Sad, as it looks tasty!

In the sandwich it was cheese, egg, and bacon. The croissant was good as was the bacon, the eggs were just okay. The eggs at McDonald's are better and that isn't saying a whole lot.

Songbird76

Here are some food and wine foods for you all!
My favorite of the festival, and it really wasn't on the want to try list....South Korea, the bbq short ribs
View attachment 120533

Africa: both were good. Berbere steak (spicy) and butter chicken (mild in spicy but interesting)
View attachment 120534

A look at the construction in Norway
View attachment 120535

The cranberry bog
View attachment 120536

the nitro chocolate truffle (good, but gave me brain freeze)
View attachment 120537

From my Swan balcony (we were really diggin' the Swan and would go back in a heartbeat)
View attachment 120538

Dinner plate at the Biergarten. I love the sauerbraten, the polka band, and my Oktoberfest beer here.
View attachment 120539

View attachment 120540

France had the Eiffel tower lit up in honor of those lost in the Paris attacks.
View attachment 120541

Back at the Osborne lights
View attachment 120542
You are making me hungry!!! The African stuff looks fantastic!

Songbird76

So, my job has all these volunteer events that we are asked to attend, and I did this one last week at a girl's school in Queens. When I signed up, I didn't realize that I was basically going to have to stand up in front of kids and teach a class. I had to wake up at 6:45 in order to be there by 8:45, and I was dreading the entire thing. But it was amazing. These girls were so awesome. We had to do three hours, and it was basically go to three classrooms and tell these girls about your job. I had a sixth grade class, a ninth grade class and a seventh grade class. The sixth and seventh were amazing. The ninth was a rough audience, I'm just saying. But this was incredibly rewarding. Our job was to inspire them. I don't know if I did that, but I hope so. I used a lot of Disney jargon, actually. "You can do anything you put your mind to.....anything your heart desires will come to you....etc, etc." As a fairly cynical New Yorker, I don't know if any of that is really true, but I hope it can be for these great girls. Here is a pic of the event.
View attachment 120553
What is your job that you were telling them about?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Ready for another finance rant? Because here it comes:

Today, the professor didn't do much in class because he thought a bunch of people would be out. We were only missing a few people, so it didn't matter. He was going over material for the test. There were two pages, and I did not get a second page. I raised my hand and asked for the second page. The professor asked me why I didn't have it. Um...maybe because I'm the only person in the front row and it just didn't make it down that way? Then, he called another student lazy. Then, I asked him if we could have a bunch of problems from the book with answers to study from. This led to a long rant about how much we ask of him and that he already made us this study guide (which, frankly, is a course outline). And he thinks we're lazy? The way I see it, my request was not unreasonable (in the words of Agent K is Men in Black 3, how the h**** do I know what I don't know), but even so, the way he dealt with it was completely unprofessional. I felt like crying because he yelled at me but was not going to give him that satisfaction. Thinking it might be time for another email to his supervisor (the associate dean, an old professor of mine).

Oh, and he still doesn't know whether he is going to curve that test that most people failed (but that I did not thankfully).
Sympathy like and I think you might be right about sending the email

StarWarsGirl

Sympathy like. I know it doesn't help the situation, but at least the semester is almost done right? Then you can be rid of him, hopefully the deans can help out this semester, but at least they will be aware of problems for future students.
It actually does help to remember I only have two more classes with this guy. Then I can be done with him. Just worried about the final given the rest of the carpload of work I have for other classes.

I quite honestly think he should be fired. That's how bad it is. I've had other professors who I didn't care for, but the combination of not knowing how to teach and not caring dents at all is just irritating me to no end. For instance, I had a statistics professor who just did not know how to teach. But he curved all of the tests, he gave extra credit opportunities, he made us an offer to have our final exam grade also replace our lowest test grade. And he treated students professionally. This guy does none of those things, and he also doesn't know how to teach. I thought from day 1 that he only liked being there to tell people they're wrong. I should have gone with my gut then.

Figgy1

Premium Member
It actually does help to remember I only have two more classes with this guy. Then I can be done with him. Just worried about the final given the rest of the carpload of work I have for other classes.

I quite honestly think he should be fired. That's how bad it is. I've had other professors who I didn't care for, but the combination of not knowing how to teach and not caring dents at all is just irritating me to no end. For instance, I had a statistics professor who just did not know how to teach. But he curved all of the tests, he gave extra credit opportunities, he made us an offer to have our final exam grade also replace our lowest test grade. And he treated students professionally. This guy does none of those things, and he also doesn't know how to teach. I thought from day 1 that he only liked being there to tell people they're wrong. I should have gone with my gut then.
Sending you a big hug and some pixie dust in hope that it helps. xoxoxo

StarWarsGirl

Also, had the following conversation with my father the other day. There aren't any classes at either of my schools tomorrow, but I only have my Spanish class normally on Wednesdays.

Dad: Do you have any classes Wednesday?
Me: Nope.
Dad: What kind of school am I sending you to?
Me: Your alma mater for Spanish, which is my only Wednesday class.
Dad: Oh. Well then...
:hilarious:

French Quarter

I just use the dried stuffing cubes too. Sometimes our grocery store will take the old loaves of bread and chunk them up and sell them as stuffing cubes, which work well. I teased my husband this year, and I said I wasn't feeling like making homemade stuffing and we would just have Stovetop. He flipped out a little, he loves my (my mom's recipes) for stuffing. I must admit it was a little fun to watch him flip out a little.

There's nothing wrong with Stove Top. I do make it at home from time to time to go with a quick meal. But for special occasions? No way. I'm with your husband.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom