The Blue Paint on the Tomorrowland Rock is Starting to Come Off Already

Butter

I've been asking myself that for years. Like that one crevice in the Splash Mountain queue that has like ten years worth of dust caked into it. It's opened from the past few refurbs with it still being there! It would take 20 seconds to run a duster through it!

You were clearly right there, would it have killed you to just like rub your shirt in there and get most of it off?

Goofyernmost

You were clearly right there, would it have killed you to just like rub your shirt in there and get most of it off?
Exactly, in the time it took him to write about it, they could have solved the problem. Remember the old saying.... "If you're not part of the solution.. you must be part of the problem"!

KBLovedDisney

originalwdwtmo.jpg
vintageentrance.jpg

They would never build anything like that........
Did these really exist in Tomorrowland at Disney World?

Yert3

Original Poster

Exactly, in the time it took him to write about it, they could have solved the problem. Remember the old saying.... "If you're not part of the solution.. you must be part of the problem"!
Not sure how that would be possible, since its taller than I am

You_Doodle_2017-07-13T21_04_19Z.jpg

Smiley/OCD

I think it's kind of ironic that I was just reading the new comments since I posted about the Krylon, and at the top of the page was an ad for 40% off paint at Sherwin Williams...they now make Krylon...coincidence???

epcotisbest

I think it's kind of ironic that I was just reading the new comments since I posted about the Krylon, and at the top of the page was an ad for 40% off paint at Sherwin Williams...they now make Krylon...coincidence???

Not a coincidence at all, it is targeted marketing. The Internet is watching you. Try it. Do a search for just about anything. Then watch the ads pop up for whatever you were searching for. For instance, I might do a search for Toyota Camry. Let's see if any ads show up.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I was just foolin.

Although it would be nice to know why so soon its doing that. I wish we had someone around here who had some background in commercial or industrial painting/finishing.

No mystery here poor quality surface preparation causes poor paint adhesion, Once again the iron law of economics kicks in 'you get what you pay for'

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
The rocks that had the most damage have been repainted.
IMG_1842.jpg

Now they just need little alien plantlife and outerspace spores popping up through "cracks" in the concrete and around the base of the rocks to tie it together. Make the rocks look like they grew up from the ground or crashed there falling from space. Plop down a little sign that reads: Danger: Keep Off Meteorites! Surface scans indicate rocks may contain toxic microbial alien lifeforms. Scheduled for Class-D Quarantine by Xandar Waste Management. Nova Inspector # 534

Didn't realize how awkward the rocks look...like they said, oh, put rocks here! Honestly it starting to look a lot less spacey, and more grand canyony.

Agreed.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom