The 60th Anniversary of Disneyland: The Reality of it All

jrhwdw

I'm here right now and will be visiting Disneyland today for the first fine ever in 2 hours. The park does indeed close at 7:30 again tonight, which would seem to raise the possibility of a second test. Can anyone recommend a vantage point?
I'm guessing the DL gates, if no one is patrolling it. In the YT vid from Tues, you can see TS during Kiss Goodnight(Kiss Goodnight is Stunning!) so you may see PTN as well. You have a video camera?

Travel Junkie

I'm here right now and will be visiting Disneyland today for the first fine ever in 2 hours. The park does indeed close at 7:30 again tonight, which would seem to raise the possibility of a second test. Can anyone recommend a vantage point?

If they will let you up there the top level of the Mickey and Friends parking structure is the best place. Other than that you have the esplanade between Disneyland and DCA or Downtown Disney the courtyard in front of House of Blues provides a decent vantage point.

sponono88

yes, there will be fire in WoC:C and it looks like it will be included in the guardians of the galaxy segment:

The second run-through is rumored to be starting at 9:30 tonight. I wonder just how many people are going to be outside the park tonight just to catch a glimpse of the show!

Bairstow

If they will let you up there the top level of the Mickey and Friends parking structure is the best place. Other than that you have the esplanade between Disneyland and DCA or Downtown Disney the courtyard in front of House of Blues provides a decent vantage point.

Thanks. Gonna try for the parking structure.

Vegas Disney Fan

Think of the cost of testing a show like this. Not only the thousands of dollars in shells they're shooting off but also the lost revenue in closing the park early all those nights.

I love that Disney likes things to be "show ready" before releasing to the public but if I was in charge I'd have a hard time not keeping the parks open and announcing a test 30 minutes before show time, you could pack the park every night with people just hoping for a test and if there was a glitch and the show couldn't happen you just don't announce it, no one could really be upset because it's not on the schedule.

Are there safety reasons for closing the parks or is it simply because it would be bad show?

VJ

Think of the cost of testing a show like this. Not only the thousands of dollars in shells they're shooting off but also the lost revenue in closing the park early all those nights.

I love that Disney likes things to be "show ready" before releasing to the public but if I was in charge I'd have a hard time not keeping the parks open and announcing a test 30 minutes before show time, you could pack the park every night with people just hoping for a test and if there was a glitch and the show couldn't happen you just don't announce it, no one could really be upset because it's not on the schedule.

Are there safety reasons for closing the parks or is it simply because it would be bad show?
I would think bad show, and the fact a show premiering a month in advance (even if it's soft opening) kind of ruins the freshness of the show by the time its premiere actually happens. Just my thoughts though.

Figments Friend

I'm here at Disneyland now, and just returned to my hotel room after seeing the 2nd test shoot that was tonight.
I was hoping that i might get to see a replay of what i saw Tuesday night and my wish was granted, but tonight was even better with additional effects.

I stayed around even though the Park closed at 7:30 again tonight, and right when i was coming out of the gates of DCA around 9:30ish the show began.
Perfect, perfect timing...and saw it from a excellent angle from right in the plaza between the Parks.

Had to share what i saw here...but will flag it as a 'spoiler' below so those who want to be surprised can just skip over the text.
So if you want to not know what is coming...skip everything i am sharing below the dotted line.

One word - people are going to be really happy about this presentation methinks, just based on what i saw tonight.
I shot some photos of the crowd of Guests sitting nicely in the plaza watching the show, but it will be a while before i can share those here.

Okay....so from this point on :

SPOILERS below!
You have been warned!

-----------------------------

Tonight the test involved all the pyro i had seen Tuesday night, but this time they ALSO tested some fantastic spotlight effects that filled the sky with light and motion.
Swirling, twirling....think of a Hollywood movie premiere.
These lights in the sky also changed colors....looked spectacular and impressive, and really drew your eye to the centerpoint of the Show which is obviously Sleeping Beauty Castle.
It just looked stunning in the Anaheim sky tonight.

Lots of pyro seemed to be shot from alternative locations ( perimeter fireworks) as well as what i thought looked to be from the rooftops of the Main Street shops.
It also appeared that for the finale some smaller pyro was shot from on top of the Main Street train station.
The impression is you are completely surrounded by pyro during the presentation no matter where you are standing on Main Street.

As i mentioned previously, the quality of the pyro is top notch. HUGE shells...impressive and unique items include the color shifting 'colored rounds' i talked about previously.
Never saw those before...anywhere.
Also saw twinkling heart shapes, as well as a humourous assortment of triangle, circle, and square shapes.
Lots of 'wishing stars' and smaller pyro being shot as well as the huge shells that really filled up the sky.
The pyro was impressive from my hotel room on Tuesday, but actually seeing it tonight right outside the Park gates front and center was ten times better.

This show is going to be EPIC!
The sweeping spotlights really created a feeling of a major showbiz spectacle.

---------------------------------

Last edited:

Sage of Time

I'm here at Disneyland now, and just returned to my hotel room after seeing the 2nd test shoot that was tonight.
I was hoping that i might get to see a replay of what i saw Tuesday night and my wish was granted, but tonight was even better with additional effects.

I stayed around even though the Park closed at 7:30 again tonight, and right when i was coming out of the gates of DCA around 9:30ish the show began.
Perfect, perfect timing...and saw it from a excellent angle from right in the plaza between the Parks.

Had to share what i saw here...but will flag it as a 'spoiler' below so those who want to be surprised can just skip over the text.
So if you want to not know what is coming...skip everything i am sharing below the dotted line.

One word - people are going to be really happy about this presentation methinks, just based on what i saw tonight.
I shot some photos of the crowd of Guests sitting nicely in the plaza watching the show, but it will be a while before i can share those here.

Okay....so from this point on :

SPOILERS below!
You have been warned!

-----------------------------

Tonight the test involved all the pyro i had seen Tuesday night, but this time they ALSO tested some fantastic spotlight effects that filled the sky with light and motion.
Swirling, twirling....think of a Hollywood movie premiere.
These lights in the sky also changed colors....looked spectacular and impressive, and really drew your eye to the centerpoint of the Show which is obviously Sleeping Beauty Castle.
It just looked stunning in the Anaheim sky tonight.

Lots of pyro seemed to be shot from alternative locations ( perimeter fireworks) as well as what i thought looked to be from the rooftops of the Main Street shops.
It also appeared that for the finale some smaller pyro was shot from on top of the Main Street train station.
The impression is you are completely surrounded by pyro during the presentation no matter where you are standing on Main Street.

As i mentioned previously, the quality of the pyro is top notch. HUGE shells...impressive and unique items include the color shifting 'colored rounds' i talked about previously.
Never saw those before...anywhere.
Also saw twinkling heart shapes, as well as a humourous assortment of triangle, circle, and square shapes.
Lots of 'wishing stars' and smaller pyro being shot as well as the huge shells that really filled up the sky.
The pyro was impressive from my hotel room on Tuesday, but actually seeing it tonight right outside the Park gates front and center was ten times better.

This show is going to be EPIC!
The sweeping spotlights really created a feeling of a major showbiz spectacle.

---------------------------------
Great stuff. Thanks for sharing. :D

Figments Friend

A couple times I felt like I was seeing a shell that exploded into a blue tetrahedron, or maybe two conjoined blue squares. Anyone else see that?

The color-shifters were neat too. I think I counted four of them, all near the middle of the show and all green\blue.

Yes, i saw them as well.
There were a a couple of blue 'square' shapes shot off during the playful segment that featured the 'circles' and 'triangles'.

I am sure there is probably video out there of what took place last night, as surely i was not the only fan suspecting they might do another test after what happened Tuesday.
It's only a matter of time before it surfaces...but i have to say those searchlight effects were GREAT!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom