The 60th Anniversary of Disneyland: The Reality of it All

TP2000

The color shifting ones are stunning. Unique...never seen those in any pyro show anywhere.

Sounds cool. I'm 8 miles away so I can't see the smaller details like a color shifting shell. Although, now that you mention it, there were some new shells that did seem to morph colors while they developed. I'm sure its a more prominent effect up close in the park.

But I definitely got a good look at the scale and pacing and format for this new show.

It looks quite epic.

Figments Friend

Yup, most definitely it was.

This wasn't a show I'd ever seen them do before, and the timing and pacing was all new. And there were quite a few new shells that I hadn't seen used before, along with some classic pyro effects and shells from some of their biggest shows of the last 10 years.

Agree TP...you could tell there were 'breaks' that were likely for the audio narrative moments, as well as possible projection effect moments.
I knew this had to be something more then a private event showing, as those usually involve 'typical' shells.

This stuff shot off tonight is nothing 'typical' at all.
Beautiful stuff.

Figments Friend

Sounds cool. I'm 8 miles away so I can't see the smaller details like a color shifting shell. Although, now that you mention it, there were some new shells that did seem to morph colors while they developed. But I definitely got a good look at the scale and pacing and format for this new show.

It looks quite epic.

Yes, 'epic' would be a good word.
Those larger shells i saw are going to be a awesome background for Sleeping Beauty Castle.
The color shifters were unique in that they looked as though green and purple were 'rolling' around the circular shape...like a ball rolling around.
Very unique as i mentioned previously...but very cool so i have to say it again !

There was also sparkling effect shells, and some white roman candle-eques effects.
Can only guess, but i can see these 'sparklers' combining nicely with the twinkling diamond lighting the Castle may have during the Show.

VJ

There will be Disneyland 60th Anniversary album that will debut solely at Disneyland in May.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...at-disneyland-resort-on-may-20-300072911.html
http://diskingdom.com/2015/04/29/disneyland-60th-anniversay-legacy-cd-track-listing/ And the track listing, basically a compilation of tracks from A Musical History of Disneyland and the 2013 Official Album. It'll be good for first-time Disneyland collectors and a nice expanded Official Album but it's definitely not what I was expecting at all; I was expecting at least a few new tracks.

JediMasterMatt

I'm telling myself not to watch any videos so it will all be a surprise in August. I have failed already.

Unfortunately, as a photographer of Disney nighttime spectaculars, I need to watch the shows before I arrive to work out the timing of the effects and bursts and make other decisions about exposure.

Forever looks promising. Lots of pyro. Definitely seems to be in the original Remember league than the cut down seasonal Magical. I'm somewhat disappointed that the air launchers in Fantasyland still look to be a bit "off" in terms of angle and height. I'm not sure if that's just a limitation of the footprint of them or what. It's too bad the northern site can't be located directly behind the Castle like in Orlando. DL it's just slightly off center to the left.

GiveMeTheMusic

http://diskingdom.com/2015/04/29/disneyland-60th-anniversay-legacy-cd-track-listing/ And the track listing, basically a compilation of tracks from A Musical History of Disneyland and the 2013 Official Album. It'll be good for first-time Disneyland collectors and a nice expanded Official Album but it's definitely not what I was expecting at all; I was expecting at least a few new tracks.

Disappointing, to say the least. Would it have killed them to include the 60th show soundtracks?

Figments Friend

Tonight was the first Forever rehearsal and over a hundred CMs were allowed to watch on Main Street. Projections were not ready; it was just pyro. And apparently - it's reeeeeal good.

Well judging just by the quality of the pyro involved that i saw from a short distance away, i am already impressed.
Can only imagine what the final result will be like.

Thank you for confirming that this is what was what i saw going on the other night!
:)

Bairstow

I'm here right now and will be visiting Disneyland today for the first fine ever in 2 hours. The park does indeed close at 7:30 again tonight, which would seem to raise the possibility of a second test. Can anyone recommend a vantage point?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom