News Test Track to be reimagined

peter11435

That changes nothing of what was posted above.

It was closed and more than rethemed just 12 years ago. It was closed from April until December then.

It should have had more frequent upkeep. It hasn't. This is why we are where we are.
The work 12 years ago was very different from the work planned and needed now. That was largely theme, paint, and software.

celluloid

The work 12 years ago was very different from the work planned and needed now. That was largely theme, paint, and software.

You are missing the point. People can figure an attraction eventually needs a lot of work to keep going. Test Track 2.0 never really worked. It took a long time and was avoided.

The parks they were in were not slow to receiving new attractions and did not go for the famine spouts and half-finished revamps during it.

EPCOT has been a mess for years and never got the revamp it was supposed to.

celluloid

Yet here we are.

With nearly 2 billion oddly placed and sliced around for EPCOT, and it is still a park is not getting the attention of a 2 billion invested in park revamp.

celluloid

The park that received two major attractions in the past 2 year?

Rat opened in 2021.

Guardians in 2022.

And you pushed the openings of those two closers as if both opened in the past two years...hmmm.

Many other attractions around the entire park still are in rough shape and neglected.

SSE is so rough and updates were shelved.
Imagination...yeah. Far too long all around.
China never got its new film.
Innovention's replacements were a fail.
Firework show was a fail and had to be completely redone. New one is not exactly a home run either.(by far better)

I never said it was not finally getting anything new. It got the IP rush, but no substance or fixing that was actually supposed to.

I hope the new Test Track is far better. Test Track 2.0 never worked right in presentation or experience.

It should have happened long ago, and the park should not be in the mess it is in now. Which is not what was presented as happening. It is not in the shape of a park billions in.

Feast or famine, a functional, even theme park does not make.

2001 to 2016 was pretty crazy uneventful.

2016 to 2021 was about the same.

Still playing catch up.

Last edited:

haveyoumetmark

Replacing OoE with CR is a loss of capacity. It's a cute ride, but it's just Ghost Galaxy for a new audience.

Rat is a mediocre D ticket..

Test Track is one of the only reasons I visit Epcot. If it's down, I'm not going to that park. It's like TOT for DHS.
Capacity is a term that’s misunderstood on these forums to such a degree it’s become a runaway train. Capacity without utilization is meaningless. The American Adventure has phenomenal capacity, same with all the circle vision theaters. It’s a miracle EPCOT has any waits at all, what with all its capacity.

Cool opinion of Ratatouille. Thank you for that. Data indicates the park needed more “mediocre D ticket”s then given Ratatouille’s sustained popularity. Does your assessment of the attraction as a “mediocre D ticket” preclude its capacity? Because that was more my original point. There’s more stuff that more people want to do in EPCOT than there was before.

I sympathize with your plight of Test Track being your only reason to visit EPCOT. I agree that it’s a flagship attraction like ToT, but most people probably visit for World Showcase. Test Track is down literally all the time, so you must not visit that often. If you want a free-for-all LL due to downtime, book TT. Anyway, it’s getting some much needed attention given its popularity. It can hardly keep up with its demand and it shows wear very apparently. It needs this TLC.
It’s not really a loss of capacity it that previous capacity was not being utilized
Quoted for emphasis.

JohnD

Yay. Taking away a major E-Ticket for Summer vacation. Disney's so smart.

IMG_5105.jpeg

Best time in FL to take it down anyway.

peter11435

Rat opened in 2021.

Guardians in 2022.

And you pushed the openings of those two closers as if both opened in the past two years...hmmm.

Many other attractions around the entire park still are in rough shape and neglected.

SSE is so rough and updates were shelved.
Imagination...yeah. Far too long all around.
China never got its new film.
Innovention's replacements were a fail.
Firework show was a fail and had to be completely redone. New one is not exactly a home run either.(by far better)

I never said it was not finally getting anything new. It got the IP rush, but no substance or fixing that was actually supposed to.

I hope the new Test Track is far better. Test Track 2.0 never worked right in presentation or experience.

It should have happened long ago, and the park should not be in the mess it is in now. Which is not what was presented as happening. It is not in the shape of a park billions in.

Feast or famine, a functional, even theme park does not make.

2001 to 2016 was pretty crazy uneventful.

2016 to 2021 was about the same.

Still playing catch up.
That was a typo and I edited it to 3 before you posted this. 2 major attractions in 3 years is significant.

It’s fine to debate whether or not the park has received the updates and additions it deserves over the years. But none of that would change the need for this refurb for this attraction now.

Also… 2001-2021 uneventful.

Mission Space
Soarin
Frozen
Seas with Nemo and Friends
Significant updates to:
Spaceship earth
Test Track
Imagination
Mexico
American adventure
Harmonious
New films:
Canada x2
China
Awesome Planet

Maybe not what you want… but it’s not like they haven’t been doing anything.

DreamfinderGuy

Also… 2001-2021 uneventful.

Mission Space
Soarin
Frozen
Seas with Nemo and Friends
Significant updates to:
Spaceship earth
Test Track
Imagination
Mexico
American adventure
Harmonious
New films:
Canada x2
China
Awesome Planet

Maybe not what you want… but it’s not like they haven’t been doing anything.
2001-2021 was a terrible time for EPCOT.

In terms of additions you have Ratatouille, which in itself was the first actual park expansion in over 30 years. Mission: Space and Soarin' replaced existing attractions, and Frozen and Nemo were rethemes of existing attractions. Test Track received a significant update, I'll give you that, but I am hesitant to say Imagination and Mexico's were. Both of those updates were applying a band-aid in the form of characters onto an otherwise minimally changed attraction. In this same amount of time we also lost the entirety of Wonders of Life and Innoventions, both receiving no replacements.

Between park opening and 2001 EPCOT received a multitude of significant updates which blow what was done in the next 20 years entirely out of the water. This park has been heavily neglected, which is why they started doing significant work in the first place.

plutofan15

Yet here we are.

With nearly 2 billion oddly placed and sliced around for EPCOT, and it is still a park is not getting the attention of a 2 billion invested in park revamp.
That is your opinion. Which you are certainly entitled to but that does not make it 100% correct.

celluloid

That is your opinion. Which you are certainly entitled to but that does not make it 100% correct.

An opinion large enough for the sudden 2 billion for the rushed few attractions to not match the investment already in.

The lack of investment from 2001 to 2021 as pointed out, particularly post Mission and Soarin by 2005, is fact.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
MickeyViews is saying this project has a $100M budget, can that be confirmed by any other insiders here? And if true how extensive is it expected to be?
This is the same source that said TT wasn't going down until after July.

I'm greatly distrustful of someone quoting the budget that also isn't, at the same time, saying how much is being picked up by the Sponsor and how much Disney is kicking in. Surely someone who knows the total budget would also know the breakdown and not just give out the total.

Wonder which frontline CM he got that from.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom