Team Cap: SYWTBAI Season 14, Project Two Open Brainstorming

CraniumCommand89

Backstory

The year is 2030. Dr Nick Lasowicz has been in hiding for many years, excluding from the amusement park community for his terrorizing designs. With the help of an underground group of engineers and psychologists, Dr. Lasowicz has plans for a cranial enhancement attraction, as he refers to it. Disguised as a standard haunted house ride in any amusement park, the inside of the attraction will bring its riders to the 5th dimension of illusions and sensory overloading effects. It will be cutting edge for surrealist amusement park rides, from the queue to the final scene. Dr. Lasowicz assures that riders will have a newfound purpose in their lives after experiencing the attraction.

spacemt354

Chili's
Backstory

The year is 2030. Dr Nick Lasowicz has been in hiding for many years, excluding from the amusement park community for his terrorizing designs. With the help of an underground group of engineers and psychologists, Dr. Lasowicz has plans for a cranial enhancement attraction, as he refers to it. Disguised as a standard haunted house ride in any amusement park, the inside of the attraction will bring its riders to the 5th dimension of illusions and sensory overloading effects. It will be cutting edge for surrealist amusement park rides, from the queue to the final scene. Dr. Lasowicz assures that riders will have a newfound purpose in their lives after experiencing the attraction.
Pretty good!

Science behind the "scare" is coming up now. Angels stand-by if you're around, and we can split the scenes.

spacemt354

Chili's
Memoirs from Dr. Lasowicz and Dr. Cawley, a psychiatrist specializing in the study of the limbic system.

June 10, 2014

Dr. Lasowicz
How we perceive stimuli and the brain's secondary response to that stimuli, is the core functional foundation of the theory of emotion. The Jame-Lange theory of emotion states that a stimuli results first in physiological arousal, which leads to a secondary response in which the emotion is labeled. These physiological responses result in the cognitive labeling of an emotion. The Cannon-Bard theory of emotion tested the James-Lange theory, hypothesizing that the physiological reaction and feeling an emotion occur at the same time, and not in sequence. Lastly, the Schachter-Singer Theory states that both the stimuli and the labeling of a stimuli based on environment must occur in order for an emotion to be experienced.

These are all chivalrous endeavors, but they are mistakes. Like gravity is a mistake.

December 3, 2017

Dr. Cawley
Experiencing emotion is a cognitive process that can't be broken down in such simplistic terms. The limbic system is a set of structures including the amygdala, thalamus, hypothalamus, hippocampus, fornix, septal nuclei, and parts of the cerebral cortex. Stimulation passes through all of these compartments, externally to internal processing, but what if there were elements that induced psychotrophic effects, that manipulated the mind into seeing things that didn't exist. Forming internal projections on the external reality. By targeting the ventromedial prefrontal cortex, and projection a cerebral concoction into the central nervous system - we may be on the precipice of a visceral neurological breakthrough.

April 27, 2024

Dr. Cawley
32926133605_9375606de4_b.jpg

By targeting the vertebral canal of the spinal cord and the cerebrospinal fluid that encompasses the dorsal root ganglion and nerves of the back, posterior sensorial stimulation can travel up to the brain and induce a sort of dreamlike state, where mental manipulation is plausible. Of course, this is for the good of the experience, as any subject in these situations will be experiencing a euphoric sense of oneness with their surroundings depending on how much dopamine and other neurotransmitters are influenced by this sensory overload. If combined with the proper amount of illusions and tricks, one may think that they are in a parallel universe or another form of reality, the 5th, even 6th, dimension of life.

October 31, 2030

Dr. Lasowicz
140508_PLUS_PhineasGageQA.jpg.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge.jpg

The curious case of Phineas Gage, brought to me by Dr. Cawley. In 1848, Phineas Gage was working with a blasting crew, when a terrible accident happened, sending a tamping iron rod through his head. He survived, but close friends and family noticed several behavioral changes with Gage after the accident. The area of the brain affected by the accident, caused a negative reaction - but what if we could cause a positive reaction? Not by sending rods through heads or anything, but sending euphoric signals to change people's perspective on their lives. My engineers have worked closely with Dr. Cawley on this endeavor to bring a newfound amusement attraction to the masses. Of course due to my work with the Centrifuge Brain Project, my reputation is a bit, shall we say, controversial. But I assure the readers, that with the advances in science and technology over the last few decades since my project was shut down in 2003, my comeback and the new age of "attractions" is upon us. With the release of the Motion Effects (MX) 5D experience just last year, our Mystery Maze attraction will be on display for all to see coming soon.

spacemt354

Chili's
How I interpreted the video is basically Dr. Lasowicz is a mad scientist type figure, who thinks he is in the right, but has a distorted and kinda twisted view of the amusement park experience.

Maybe that's the wrong interpretation, idk -- but that's how I viewed it, so in the memoirs I had him team up with a psychiatrist (taking from Cranium's backstory) and the name Cawley is a reference to the doctor from Shutter Island.

Basically -- in the first few memoirs, their intentions seem okay (a little wonky) but at least based in real psych theories...and then as the years go on, they revert back to the crazy theories that got Lasowicz ostracized from the scientific community. Hopefully providing a little layered addition to the ride. (and in before 3);)

spacemt354

Chili's
Just checking @kmbmw777 how are you doing with the mirror queue?

@Angels and Disney's this is my basic idea for the ride-through:

I'll write-up the ride vehicles and such in a bit -- but essentially....

Scene 1 - The Ames Room
Ames_Room550.jpg

It's an illusion where the room is distorted, making it seem like things are different heights, but then things step forward to reveal they are the same height.

Scene 2 - The Room of Impossible Shapes
devils-fork-big.gif

Optical illusions to make you think something is wrong with the environment, but nothing too "harmful"

Scene 3 - Distorting Reality
linnenbrink_09.jpg

A dizzying array of practical, low cost effects, but combined with the ride system Dr. Lasowicz has in store, ups the adrenaline and may cause distress.

Scene 4 - Illusions
optical-illusions-work_657f528662288519.jpg

Things become a bit more distorted and bizarre, as riders begin to see things back and forth, making them think they are in two different realities, what Dr. Lasowicz thinks is "opening up their minds to new possibilities"

Scenes 5 - 7 Trippy Imagery
07a8ec4df7b0772c20181ecc5b3d12ab026a4bd9.jpg

Imagery designed to disrupt the limbic system and distort your perception of the reality. You don't know whether the ride is going forward, backward, sideways, up or down, the surrounding area makes it impossible to tell and by the end of it you'll be wanting off of this insane mind-bend of an attraction.

A slow progression to something crazy and out of touch, similar to the Brain Project -- if you have any ideas feel free to add them in or replace them, but that was my basic thought.

kmbmw777

Not your Average Queue

The Sign Above the Queue reads "Fun House! Entrance here."

The beginning of the queue takes guests through a room where "wacky mirrors" distort guests bodies. Most are just basic fun house mirrors, which make the guests tall, fat, etc. However, some of these mirrors are actually giant cameras and sscreens, which use technology similar to snap chat, in the way in which they can directly detect and distort individual's faces. Some of these mirrors add Acne, make it look like someone is sneaking up on the individual, or animate the individual falling to the ground dead - scary stuff.

mirror+maze.gif

Mirror mazes are created in triangular paterns

Next, the guests reach a split. Four entrances to a large mirror maze occur here to try and provide the ride with maximum efficiency by allowing people to pass through this as quickly as possible. The mazes release four people into them every twenty seconds per entrance.

There is only one exit to the mega maze which brings guests straight to a dark dock, where the vehicles are ready to be loaded.

spacemt354

Chili's
I can do a scene. But I don't want to interrupt your thought process. Is there anything else to do?
You can finish David's attraction.
THE TWISTER

Coming to Universal Studios Hollywood is The Twister!
You will experience the ultimate flat ride -- like one never seen before:D.

The Story

The Tornado Sim 2000, as your guide calls it, will be an experimental Tornado simulation. Boasting an epic indoor queue, you will really be inserted in the experience. You take flight on one of the pods (each one has has four seats with seat belts). Also each closed "pod" is named after a real storm chaser. To make the ride random... the flat-ride can either be a dust devil, a water spout, or a Tornado.

Statistics
Costing 35 million to build... this is one of the most expensive flat rides ever, but that cost mainly comes from the epic theming throughout the queue making this experience more on par with a C-ticket than a flat ride. Even though the ride system is it will still offer a more thrilling yet less dizzying experience than teacups.

Picture Three teacups rides connected to each other except having the ability to go up and down, and far superior theming.

Continued later -- about to watch spacecraft launch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom