TCM teams up with Disney to refresh Great Movie Ride

FettFan

what's being built here?

its too bad they can't/ wont build the rumored stage to be retractable down into the ground when not needed.

Well the good news is that with the new paint and refurb to the GMR's exterior, at least any new stage won't be a giant view-blocking monstrosity.

Jamie2016

It would be nice if they changed some of the show scenes. The Wizard of Oz scene was originally supposed to be more elaborate...the "big Wizard head" scene from the movie. My fiance recorded the voice of the Wizard, but ut wasn't used when they to the "Going to OZ" scene they have now. The usual budget constraints.....

Phil12

It would be nice if they changed some of the show scenes. The Wizard of Oz scene was originally supposed to be more elaborate...the "big Wizard head" scene from the movie. My fiance recorded the voice of the Wizard, but ut wasn't used when they to the "Going to OZ" scene they have now. The usual budget constraints.....
I agree. Get rid of Wizard of Oz and replace it with 7 Faces of Dr. Lao. I'll never understand why Tony Randall hated that film.

cspencer96

Sorry if this was already posted, but I rode today and all the posters had been removed and replaced with generic "Great Movie Ride" posters instead.
Are you sure they were actual posters, or could they have been digital screens pretending to be posters? I could see them doing something like that here.

YodaMan

Are you sure they were actual posters, or could they have been digital screens pretending to be posters? I could see them doing something like that here.

That I do not know nor thought to check. But every poster location had up 1 of 2 different "Great Movie Ride" posters instead of the film posters that had been up not that long ago.

Unrelated, but have there always been what appear to be touch screens in front of the costume cases in the lobby queue? I noticed them yesterday as well but could not for the life of me remember if they had been there before.

dstrawn9889

they need to place color e-ink screens instead of the paper posters, that way they can roll them... and then it really looks like paper behind the glass

Reddog

DING! DING! DING!

"While not turned on yet, the new digital movie posters in the queue are installed"

The website source is blocked so I can't link it.

cspencer96

DING! DING! DING!

"While not turned on yet, the new digital movie posters in the queue are installed"

The website source is blocked so I can't link it.
:)

they need to place color e-ink screens instead of the paper posters, that way they can roll them... and then it really looks like paper behind the glass
Disney developed a display technology used on Disney Cruise Line for "enchanted art" and in the parks for some interactive games that looks like painted canvas or printed paper. Even when the image is moving, the effect is still very cool. When static, it is especially convincing.

Unrelated, but have there always been what appear to be touch screens in front of the costume cases in the lobby queue? I noticed them yesterday as well but could not for the life of me remember if they had been there before.
I don't remember that being there the last time I saw the cases, so it's likely something part of the TCM pre and post enhancements. Maybe enhanced descriptions of the objects in the cases, with video?

ABQ

To match the real theater, to add depth and realism. To make it look better, older, exc.
That's wonderful, but the post I had been responding to said "replaced with generic posters" which, as described in that post, does none of that. Now that more detail has come out, it sounds like the end result will be fine, but that was unknown.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom