Take the scents of the Magic Kingdom home with you

jt04

If they have not already produced or are in the process of producing an air freshener that has that old-school WDW air conditioner smell than someone developing merchandise concepts should be fired.

If they got this right it would sell out anywhere and everywhere.

Maerj

Count me in on the Pirates water smell. At my job we get these old, wooden skids in and I swear they smell just like Pirates water. My co-workers say they smell like cat urine though. :confused:

montyz81

I wouldn't mind having the Monorail smell. I am talking about the first thing in the morning when no one has ridden on them yet. (Not the B.O. laced smell that comes up in the afternoon.) Funny, My car smells like that from time to time. I think it is a combination of the leather and the leather cleaner I used to clean my seats. It is a dead on exact matching smell that is in those monorails. It is cool cause it takes me back.

The Duck

Where's the "Stitch Chili Dog Belch" and the "Figment Skunk Fart" fresheners? After all, someone at Disney thought that we would all appreciate those aromas, you think that they would want to market it a bit more.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Good idea but the reality is most Disneyheads want the smells of Pirates water, SSE burning Rome, and animatronics in general...candle form ideally.
We bought Christmas candles from Bath and Body Works that smelled like burning wood. As close as I have ever gotten to the burning Rome scene. I keep it at my desk at home. You don't even have to burn it and you get a whiff of the aroma periodically.

Magenta Panther

I would be ALL OVER the Pirates water scent!

Well, maybe Disney could created a scent made out of the substance that later gets converted into Pirates' water: Rum! Oh, you mean the water in the ride...

Seriously, bus BO, monorail mildew, and European tourist? Hilarious! But frankly, all of them smell better than turkey legs in my opinion. How about Disney make scents based on the Flower and Garden Festival and the Food and Wine Festival? How would the smells of heliotrope, baby's breath, Chardonnay and Roquefort suit ya?

MissM

It's a smart idea, but I agree that not including the Horizons/Soarin' orange smell is a big missed opportunity.

As far as old school scents, what about the old pink, powdered soap? That stuff had a distinctive, "vintage" smell to it! :D

RSoxNo1

It's a smart idea, but I agree that not including the Horizons/Soarin' orange smell is a big missed opportunity.

As far as old school scents, what about the old pink, powdered soap? That stuff had a distinctive, "vintage" smell to it! :D
Yeah, I'd love to see the old Horizons circular logo hanging from my rearview mirror with the scent of orange spread throughout my car.

cslafferty

I think they will end up smelling like the apple/vanilla candles that you can buy just about anywhere. Turkey leg, however, ummm I think there's a reason why no one has developed this scent so far!
Even if they could bottle the scent of Main Street perfectly, I'm not sure I'd buy it. That's one of those "magical" moments, when you walk into the park for the first time and take a deep breath. Not sure I want to smell that all the time at my house . . . might take some of the magic away.
Now, Dole whip scent, I might make an exception!

janoimagine

Disney World has 24 hotels. One of which just opened a little more than a month ago, and will be competely open by September.

Disney doesn't have to match Universal or Disneyland every single time, on the same day. This is like people complaining about Casey Jr. opening the same day as Carsland. It doesnt make sense.

Yes, but that hotel should have been opened years ago. Don't forget those buildings sat empty like abandoned buildings for several years. However, I believe truer to the posters point was that they continue to offer less resort specific merchandise in favor of generic merchandise world wide, yet they think a turkey leg air freshener is a marketable item ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom