Tahitian Terrace to return?

zooey

Original Poster
reports of permits filed today for torches for a Tahitian Terrace have led to speculation the famed eatery is returning.
If true, I couldn't be happier. This makes sense with the closure of Big Thunder Ranch BBQ for Star Wars.

A few weeks ago they had a hard ticket Tahitian terrace even that I believe sold out so perhaps that was the final test to green light the project.

I just hope the luau show is a part of it. And a collectible mug wouldn't hurt either ;)

dweezil78

reports of permits filed today for torches for a Tahitian Terrace have led to speculation the famed eatery is returning.
If true, I couldn't be happier. This makes sense with the closure of Big Thunder Ranch BBQ for Star Wars.

A few weeks ago they had a hard ticket Tahitian terrace even that I believe sold out so perhaps that was the final test to green light the project.

I just hope the luau show is a part of it. And a collectible mug wouldn't hurt either ;)

Oh wow had not heard about this, but would make TOTAL sense as the old Tahitian Terrace area is still there and mostly unused. Until Star Wars Land opens they are going to be missing a pretty substantial table service restaurant and with all the fanfare around the Tahitian Terrace events (including the one Mousetalgia did a few years ago), it would seem that bringing it back would be a ginormous no-brainer.

Animaniac93-98

I want this to be true, but I'll hold my excitment until we know for sure it's coming back.

Perhaps they want to use the repurpose/reuse WDW's Jungle Cruise themed dining experience out west?

mistyj

My first thought after the Moana section of the Animation presentation at the D23 Expo was that if that didn't bring the Tahitian Terrace back, nothing would.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

They've been using it this summer as a quick-service location for Fantasmic quick-service packages. But with Thunder Ranch dying, it makes sense to move the outdoor TS dining option back over here.

Phroobar

Bring this back and get rid of the Aladdin lion head. Groovy!

altt.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

mickEblu

Indiana Jones. Jungle Cruise. Enchanted Tiki Room. Dole Whips. Bengal BBQ. Lush Tropical Theming. AND... Tahitian Terrace dinner and show??? Would this not put Adventure land firmly in the lead as the best land at Disneyland?

D

Deleted member 107043

Imagine how cool it would be today with the kind immersive theming we've seen over the past few years with Trader Sams, Be Our Guest, and Carthay Circle.

On another note, does anyone know if the disneyodendron semperflorens grandis (artificial tree) is still there?

zooey

Original Poster
That's probably a key point there. When does Moana open in theaters?
November 2016 I believe. I could google it by I'm just going with that.
We saw extended clips and artwork at th expo as well as a musical performance. I think it's going to be a beautiful film.

Stevek

Would be stellar if they brought it back but I wonder if Disney would actually bring back the show? Would it be more important for them to keep moving folks through as I gotta believe people will linger (if allowed) to watch multiple shows. In any case, I'm all in for them to bring it back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom