TAFI Town Hall

LittleGiants16

When you're writing an essay on Vicodin...
e353d117d64fe4e1689066abf64e2840.jpg
Hey, I do some of my best work when hyped up....

Just saying...

RMichael21

I think that judges should receive half as many points as the host? Or is that too little?

So:

For TSI, I get: 7
For SA (If it's still 15 People), jdm gets: 7 or 8... which number. Do we want to round up or down?

DinoInstitute

So:

For TSI, I get: 7
For SA (If it's still 15 People), jdm gets: 7 or 8... which number. Do we want to round up or down?
I think there's nothing wrong with decimals.

:p;)

Just kidding, I don't have a preference on rounding up/down. Whichever others like.

Last edited:

DinoInstitute

I think that judges should receive half as many points as the host? Or is that too little?
That also kind of brings up another question... Technically I started the idea for the comp and probably will be the one posting in the threads moving it along, but @spacemt354 and @Sam4D23 I wouldn't just call judges as they are an equal and important part of bring it all together. So, should "co-hosts" each get half the number of competitors, or we all split our points, or something else?

Zweiland

That also kind of brings up another question... Technically I started the idea for the comp and probably will be the one posting in the threads moving it along, but @spacemt354 and @Sam4D23 I wouldn't just call judges as they are an equal and important part of bring it all together. So, should "co-hosts" each get half the number of competitors, or we all split our points, or something else?
We could go on a case by case basis? But we have to make guidelines.

spacemt354

Chili's
We could go on a case by case basis? But we have to make guidelines.
I'm a little new to this whole point system, apologies if repeating things, but just for clarification the point system is to calculate the Top 8 Imagineers towards the end of the calendar year? And the amount of points you receive per imagineering event is based on your performance and/or host positions if I'm understanding it correctly.

For instance, if a competition had 16 members initially, and you win, you would receive 15 points, because you finished ahead of 15 people.

And if the competition that you're hosting has 16 people initially, you would receive half of the initial value, which would be 8. And the cap on points is 8, regardless of the number of contestants.

That all seems fair to me. I think to echo @IDInstitute 's kind words, I would argue that co-hosts should all each get the maximum individual point value awarded for their competition.

I think that points should have some correlation to work hours and dedication. As a host or co-host, you are busy planning and leading the entire competition. If you're hosting a competition of initially 16 contestants, half of the contestants are already going to be awarded more points than you. Now, if you're co-hosting that same competition with someone else and split up the 8 points, 75% of the members gained more points than you for the competition you all put so much work into. If someone desired to reach the Elite Eight, the allure to host a competition is eroded if there is only a small reward for the effort.

Just my thoughts on it.

spacemt354

Chili's
Should a judge even receive the same amount of points as a host? We'd have to define the two terms if we want to differentiate between them.

I would define them as:

Judge - a person who opines regarding the quality of projects and offers feedback into the pros and cons of the contestants work at the end of each round. Other than that, a judge doesn't have much say in the planning and intricate layouts of the competition itself. Only in the critique of the projects.

Host - a person who contributes and creates the overall design, regulations, and outcomes of a competition. The host's responsibilities can include everything that a judge is authorized to do, in addition to the planning and logistics side of the event.

Last edited:

Zweiland

That all seems fair to me. I think to echo @IDInstitute 's kind words, I would argue that co-hosts should all each get the maximum individual point value awarded for their competition.
As someone who co-hosted a competition myself, I see where you are coming from. And I don't know anything about your upcoming comp, so I can't really speak to that.

But it depends on how much the hosts do. What if there were fifteen hosts, and each one of them wrote one episode? It wouldn't be fair to give them all the points.

spacemt354

Chili's
But it depends on how much the hosts do. What if there were fifteen hosts, and each one of them wrote one episode? It wouldn't be fair to give them all the points.

I agree. There are circumstances like the one you mentioned where it wouldn't make sense for someone who hosted one episode to get an equivalent point value as someone who hosted an entire competition. But at least from what I've seen, I don't remember a competition to that extreme.

It does depend on the amount of contribution from each co-host. If each contributes to the whole project I would think it's reasonable to give all the max point total.

Zweiland

I agree. There are circumstances like the one you mentioned where it wouldn't make sense for someone who hosted one episode to get an equivalent point value as someone who hosted an entire competition. But at least from what I've seen, I don't remember a competition to that extreme.

It does depend on the amount of contribution from each co-host. If each contributes to the whole project I would think it's reasonable to give all the max point total.
Well said.

Sam Magic

Well I'm a bit late to this, but I think I agree with those saying Hosts should get more points then a judge or co-host. It is the Host that has to put forth the most effort and time for the contest then a judge. In addition you have the situation where a contest may have guest hosts.

Previous members have made the point that co-hosts who contribute to the whole project should get the same number of points, but I believe that should only apply in certain cases where say there is either no one sole host or two contests are combined for the sake of time. So for example in WEDCar both Z and Matt would get equal points sense they hosted together, but in SA Jdm would get more points then LG because it's Jdm's contest.

Sam Magic

I agree with this. While it is true that a judges contribution is important, as a former judge I can say that I did not deserve the same number of points as the host. The host(s) is for the large part the creator of the contest and the one who spends the most time working and well hosting it.

TheOriginalTiki

2201519_orig.png

TAFI Newsletter: March 31st, 2015

Introduction:

These past couple weeks here on WDWMagic's Imagineering boards have been revolving around certain things coming to a close while other things loom brightly in our future. @RMicheal 's "The Sole Imagineer" competition has proved to be one of the most talked-about competitions in recent memory, while brainstorming in other threads has been more active than ever. With announcements of new competitions coming to the board and the growing influence of Youtube and social media on the proceedings, 2015 is shaping up to be the biggest year of growth and creativity yet for our community!

Highlights:

"The Sole Imagineer" hosted by @RMichael21 competition reached a dramatic high point as @IDInstitute teamed up with remaining Baxtanu Tribe @JokersWild, @tcool and @Vipraa to vote out fellow alliance member @TheOriginalTiki. After Tiki's dramatic reaction the final four competitors played in a reward challenge coming up with a new Night Time Spectacular for a Disney park. @Vipraa easily won with his impressive video display, and in one of the final twists of the season was granted the ability to work hand in hand with one of the people eliminated before the jury to create his final project.

This season's story has truly book-ended itself as first boot @jdmdisney99 has now returned to the game as a helper and joined forces with @Vipraa for his final project...an epic multi-week Immunity Challenge pitch for a 15 year future development plan at Walt Disney World. Check back in a couple weeks to see who is victorious, who will become the final person eliminated, and who the jury will decide deserves the title of The Sole Imagineer.

Spotlights:

@Twilight_Roxas and his Disney Kingdom Resort Toronto brainstorming has been going strong. Pop in and participate in the fun as Twilight continues forward with a project he's been working on for several years. http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/disney-kingdom-resort-toronto-open-brainstorming.896290/

@MANEATINGWREATH 's Disneyland Australia thread is still going strong. Contribute your ideas to one of the longest running brainstorming concepts in the SYWTBAI sub-community. http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/disneyland-australia-open-brainstorming.895894/page-13

Within the past several days, @orlando678- has posted a few very impressive write ups of lands and attractions to be included in his Refurbing Disneyland Paris thread. http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/refurbing-disneyland-resort-paris.894720/page-5

Wreck-It-Ralph has become a popular topic of Armchair Imagineering as of late, with several concepts based on the popular IP making it into The Sole Imagineer projects. @InfiniteRightEar97 has come up with an excellent proposition to inject a "Sugar Rush" into the aging Tomorrowland Speedway. http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/tomorrowland-speedway-time-for-a-sugar-rush.897508/

Media:

@LittleGiants16 returns to the "Sole Imagineer Tribal Council" podcast to pay homage to Tiki's departure, as Tiki humbly accepts his fate after a dramatic public backlash against @IDInstitute .

@IDInstitute and @TheOriginalTiki lay down the torches of the 10 fallen castaways who paved the way for the final four during the Fallen Comrades Ceremony, a Survivor tradition the two Know-It-Alls have translated over to The Sole Imagineer.

Be sure to check back in with the So You Want to be an Imagineer Youtube channel later this week as @Sam4D23 conducts @TheOriginalTiki 's highly anticipated exit interview.

Schedule:

Beginning this May and lasting through June, @IDInstitute and @spacemt354 will be hosting WDWMagic's newest competition... The Imagineering Games. Stay tuned in the TAFI Town Hall for more details.

And, this July, look out for @jdmdisney99 's highly anticipated The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 3! Stay tuned in the TAFI Town Hall as new details on this massive competition emerge.

And that concludes the third installment of the TAFI Newsletter!

DinoInstitute

This Spring....

Get ready to test your skills

In the ultimate battle of Imagineering

You will experience unique, fun, and insane challenges

Twists that will change and excite the game

And politics that will have the entire forum talking

In the end, we are looking for just one

Just one Imagineer that has proven they are the strongest

Able to survive the twists and produce amazing projects

Get ready, because this is....

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-15%20at%2012.42.05%20PM_zpsdue7x49r.png

Competition begins May 1st
Sign-ups commence April 24th

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom