TAFI Town Hall

DinoInstitute

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-15%20at%2012.42.05%20PM_zpsdue7x49r.png

Hosted by @IDInstitute, @spacemt354, and @Sam4D23. Logo by @MonorailRed

There's never been a competition like this before...

This Spring

Zweiland

2201519_orig.png

TAFI Newsletter: March 15th 16th, 2015

Introduction:
While I'm running late with your biweekly update :oops:, the rest of the forum is chugging along with some great Armchair Imagineering work! Concepts, both for competitions and for fun, have been popping up everywhere. Thank you for making this community great, and keep up the work!

Announcements:
  • Members who aren't part of the TAFI Conversationalists, please continue to contribute your ideas to the Town Hall thread. We know what direction we want to grow in, but we would appreciate your input and tweaking to any of our decisions. The conversationalists are NOT a governing body, and since this forum does not belong to us, we really have no more power than you do to grow the forum.​

• Also, the waiting list for TAFI-sanctioned competitions is growing much larger! Please, if you have a competition planned as a host, PM myself (@Zweiland), @jdmdisney99, and @LittleGiants16.​
Highlights:
  • "The Sole Imagineer Competition" has reached the final five contestants! In a jaw-dropping twist yesterday, @Zweiland was eliminated after some amazing behind-the-scenes alliance work by a few competitors. The week before that, @LittleGiants16 was eliminated after failing to submit a proposal. Who will be next to be voted off the island on... The Sole Imagineer?​
  • @Sam4D23 has won the 2015 Imagineering Forum Logo Competition! View his logo design at the top of this newsletter.​
Spotlights:
Screen%20Shot%202015-03-15%20at%2012.42.05%20PM_zpsdue7x49r.png

Media:
  • Last episode's "Tribal Council" podcast on the "So You Want to Be An Imagineer?" YouTube channel is up! Check back for a new one soon.​
Conclusion:
Thanks for reading and keeping up with the forum. Please feel free make an account on this site if you haven't, and participate. The competitions may seem overwhelming at first, but new members will get the hang of it very quickly!

Since I miss Jokers saying it... "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!"

Sam Magic

Members who aren't part of the TAFI Conversationalists, please continue to contribute your ideas to the Town Hall thread. We know what direction we want to grow in, but we would appreciate your input and tweaking to any of our decisions. The conversationalists are NOT a governing body, and since this forum does not belong to us, we really have no more power than you do to grow the forum.​

Well that would be a bit easier if we knew what decisions you guy's were making. ;):D

Zweiland

Okay, that helps. :D

Maybe something we could have would be a TAFIC Talking Point's section in the newsletter that covered the main ideas the Conversationalists talked about this way everyone was up to date and we could potentially have some discussion and friendly debate?
Great idea. That was one of the reasons we started the newsletter in the first place, IIRC, but somehow it never made it into the actual product. :p

Sam Magic

Great idea. That was one of the reasons we started the newsletter in the first place, IIRC, but somehow it never made it into the actual product. :p
Haha! Trust me, I know the feeling. Especially when you're trying to finish an essay on Brutus being a tragic hero the night before it's due and you had an organized chart of all your points and references get left in your locker at school...yep, that stuff is not going to make the final product. :p

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
Haha! Trust me, I know the feeling. Especially when you're trying to finish an essay on Brutus being a tragic hero the night before it's due and you had an organized chart of all your points and references get left in your locker at school...yep, that stuff is not going to make the final product. :p
When you're writing an essay on Vicodin...
e353d117d64fe4e1689066abf64e2840.jpg

Zweiland

We are currently discussing the amount of points that hosts and judges should receive.

It's been proposed that they should get an amount equal to half the number of contestants in the competition, but that number would cap at 8. There has also been talk of awarding points based on the length of the competition.

Should a judge even receive the same amount of points as a host? We'd have to define the two terms if we want to differentiate between them.

Discuss.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom