Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse appreciation

Love the Treehouse! Hope it never changes. It gives us a chance to slow down at the parks and talk to each other about what if??? Never been after dark, will definitely try that on next trip. Thanks for the tip as it had never even occurred to me.

epcotisbest

Original Poster
Love the Treehouse! Hope it never changes. It gives us a chance to slow down at the parks and talk to each other about what if??? Never been after dark, will definitely try that on next trip. Thanks for the tip as it had never even occurred to me.
It takes on a whole different feel at night.

Beholder

Your insightful comments made me ponder the value of an attraction, that lends itself to each person's creative imagination. (This reminds me a bit about when I was a little kid, and I'd open a present. The toy was fun, but I also had a great time creating something out of the box it came in.) Bottom line here is that there should always be a balanced approach for the guest experience at WDW—including everything from thrill rides, to calmer, walk-through ones.

Thanks, I actually enjoy sort being "part" of the experience, not just a spectator. It's like watching a horror movie, I get so much more out of it when I'm guessing or trying to imagine what the "creature" looks like. Once I see it, it becomes a known quantity. At that point, I'm cut from the film, sort of speak. My imagination, my guesswork is ultimately futile. Older movies do a better job of not revealing much or not too soon. And that's what I love about places like the Treehouse, I get to imagine life there, what room I'd stay in, what day to day adventures I'd have. I know that's not for everyone, and that's ok, but as a child (and now :)) that was the greatest thing about Disney, and life.

epcotisbest

Original Poster
Thanks, I actually enjoy sort being "part" of the experience, not just a spectator. It's like watching a horror movie, I get so much more out of it when I'm guessing or trying to imagine what the "creature" looks like. Once I see it, it becomes a known quantity. At that point, I'm cut from the film, sort of speak. My imagination, my guesswork is ultimately futile. Older movies do a better job of not revealing much or not too soon. And that's what I love about places like the Treehouse, I get to imagine life there, what room I'd stay in, what day to day adventures I'd have. I know that's not for everyone, and that's ok, but as a child (and now :)) that was the greatest thing about Disney, and life.
Don't do horror movies so can't relate to that, but can relate to imagining life in the tree house. It is fun to just get absorbed in the walk through, imagining what it would be like to actually live like that, even briefly.

Beholder

Don't do horror movies so can't relate to that, but can relate to imagining life in the tree house. It is fun to just get absorbed in the walk through, imagining what it would be like to actually live like that, even briefly.

I think it's especially true of boys going back a certain period of time, when playing outside, building forts, blazing trails in the woods in search of adventure. The Tree House really does speak to a different time. No video games, no social media, no Ithis or Ithat, just pure, get in the mud and climb a tree, fun! And I'm not saying girls didn't or don't do this, I know they do, my daughter was one, but I'm speaking very generally.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom