Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse appreciation

epcotisbest

Original Poster
In a a world of bigger, faster, higher and scarier rides, multi loop roller coasters and attractions geared toward thrill seekers, the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse seems very outdated and much past it's prime. I suppose that is why we like it so much. What is wrong with a little nostalgia and appreciation for simpler, more laid back experiences?
It, along with COP and the JC and IASW are classics we never miss while at MK.
If I could have an ultimate wish at WDW it would be to live in the SFRT for a few days, minus the tourists passing through of course.
If you could choose to replace it with a roller coaster or leave it, maybe with refurbishment, which would you choose?

zurgandfriend

I say leave it alone as it’s a Disney Classic. Also, as Hollywood ran out of ideas about a decade ago there should be a big budget remake anytime now so the tree house will become a must see attraction. Of course the remake will have zombies, explosions with people flying through the air and not getting hurt, and pirates attacking and shooting AK-47’s and never hitting anyone, but I digress.

Cmdr_Crimson

Not sure how much of a difference it is between the Tarzan Treehouse but, I find the SFRTH is fine as it is...It's the only attraction that reflects a time when an attraction wasn't about the biggest money grab and hype...It was rare to see this...And who doesn't enjoy the Swisskapolka...

epcotisbest

Original Poster
I say leave it alone as it’s a Disney Classic. Also, as Hollywood ran out of ideas about a decade ago there should be a big budget remake anytime now so the tree house will become a must see attraction. Of course the remake will have zombies, explosions with people flying through the air and not getting hurt, and pirates attacking and shooting AK-47’s and never hitting anyone, but I digress.
I think a movie remake, minus the zombies and AK-47s, would be fantastic. It is a great story and a modernization could be a popular money maker...as long as they don't put Johnny Depp in it with a tropical bird on his head.

DfromATX

We like it and say leave it! I even rented the movie before our last trip so my kids would understand the significance. None of us had ever seen the movie before and surprisingly, it was pretty good! Even my 17 year old sat down to watch it with us. When my now 11 year old was younger, we used to pretend we lived in it too. Good memories!

epcotisbest

Original Poster
I was up there a few weeks ago. Its a great place to take unique photos of all over the park,
Agreed. Here is a pic of something interesting from partway up in the treehouse.

image.jpg

copcarguyp71

We usually do it twice each trip once day and once evening and I enjoy the simplicity of it. Plus there are some great photo ops at night from some of the higher points of Space Mountain and Chick-A-Pin hill.

I do not know how much you could really do with such a small footprint either though as far as adding other rides. Maybe a M&G or second Alladin:cautious:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
1985 marked the first time my mother and I visited the MK. It's interesting how certain memories stay with you, long afterwards. I remember my mother's look of delight when we got to the top of the treehouse. She said it would be wonderful to live there, because every morning you'd wake up from the birds on the tree branches, pleasantly "singing" to you! Through the years and up to the present, every time I climb up there, I still remember her words. :) I vote to save the classic treehouse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom