Sweet, but Fuddy Duddy Spouse

ADevereaux

Hi Everyone!

I will be going to WDW for four days in July for my *gulp* 40th birthday. My DH is a very sweet man but he doesn't exactly think Disney parks are 'fun'. :rolleyes: He hates the crowds and isn't a light-hearted type. I can just hear the "I'm hot.... I'm tired.... My feet hurt...." :hammer: I have gently suggested that he doesn't have to go in the dead of summer with me and the kids. We live in FL and can go anytime. But anyone else have to deal with the unenthusiastic spouse? In relation to WDW? :lol: ;)

kybred72

The only suggestion I can think of to 'deal' with your 'sweet, fuddy, duddy hubby' is leave him at home and TAKE ME! :wave:

Have a FAB Bday!

Upvote 0

Debbie

This thread makes me think about some of the qualities I required for a new potential spouse:
Good heart
$exy
intelligent
good job/hardworking
sense of humor/loves to laugh
good relationship with parents
and a very important one:::::::::::

GOTTA LOVE GOING TO DISNEYWORLD!

Upvote 0

awalte7

AlohaMickey said:
My DH is not a huge Disney fan either. In fact he refers to Mickey as "The Rodent
that steals all his $$$".

HAHAHA you have to admit, that's funny.

I once went with a friend who turned out to be a whinner. I left the hotel early in the am without waking her up. I had fun:fork:

Upvote 0

barnum42

Debbie said:
This thread makes me think about some of the qualities I required for a new potential spouse:
Good heart
$exy
intelligent
good job/hardworking

Sorry - I'm already spoken for ;) (even if it's to a Disney World virgin who is in no hurry to change that)

Upvote 0

Debbie

Debbie said:
Good heart
$exy
intelligent
good job/hardworking

I think this is going to be part of my interview for future daughters-in-law

Upvote 0

ADevereaux

Original Poster
CAPTAIN HOOK said:
I'm free in July, I'm 40 something and I love Disney :D

:lol: That's tempting, Cap'n! :animwink: It would be great to go to Disney with someone who appreciated it! :rolleyes: How can you NOT like Disney?!?!? :veryconfu I spoke to the hubby about the trip last night and he said, and I quote:

"I think the reason I don't like Disney is because it is so fantasy-oriented. I like reality." :lookaroun

:lookaroun

:lookaroun

Well, I married him. :hammer:

Upvote 0

jim1051

fan

Our first trip to WDW in '83 was because we had to take the kids. I hate "amusement parks". After 4 days, while driving out, I turned to my wife and said, "when can we come back?".

I had a great time and we've been back 8 more times since and have joined DVC.

There is sooooo much more than the parks which of couse are not "amusement parks" anyway.

I am lucky that my wife shares my views on Disney, and I think my sons do too. Last december we began to immerse our 2 grand daughters in the experience too.

I know many people who think we're nuts for our frequent trips to WDW, but thats why they make vanilla and chocolate.

Upvote 0

ADevereaux

Original Poster
Great point, Jim

jim1051 said:
I know many people who think we're nuts for our frequent trips to WDW, but thats why they make vanilla and chocolate.

You know, this is a fantastic point. As much as I do wish my hubby could be more enthusiastic and 'fun' on vacation, if it wasn't for his levelheadedness, I'd be up at Disney every weekend. :p (I live in Florida.) I'd probably break the bank and leave us with no money for groceries in my "Let's go to Disney!" insanity. :lol:

Upvote 0

lborne

Let this be a lesson to all you single people out there who love Disney and may want to get married one day. If you want to find out what your significant other is really going to be like after marriage, try this: Remember, you must remain chipper and happy all day because you are a Disney lover.

Go to the Magic Kingdom bright and early on the 4th of July when it is really hot and sticky.

1. Wait in line to park.
2. Wait in line for the tram.
3. Wait in line to buy expensive tickets (make your SO pay).
4. Wait in line to take the "slower than you could walk" monorail - cram in.
5. Wait in line to enter the park. (Say Mooo).
6. Shove through the crowds to get to IASM and wait in line.
7. Repeat #5 but substitute IASM for as many other attractions as you can fit in before closing time.
8. Watch fireworks show from Mickey's toon town (be as far away from exit as possible).
9. Fight crowd to get out.
10. Cram back onto monorail (Oh - after waiting in line).
11. Fight for a spot on the tram.
12. Try to find car (yours will be the last one remaining after everyone else has left).
13. Flag down security to help jump start car (cause you left the lights on).

If your SO has not killed you and can't wait to go back the next day to do everything you missed - marry him/her immediately.

Upvote 0

ADevereaux

Original Poster
True!

:lol:
lborne said:
Go to the Magic Kingdom bright and early on the 4th of July when it is really hot and sticky.

lborne - I had to laugh because not only was your entire post the truth, but I'm taking my Sweet, Fuddy Duddy husband to Disney on 7/4!!! :lol: :goodnevil

Upvote 0

RU42

lborne said:

If your SO has not killed you and can't wait to go back the next day to do everything you missed - marry him/her immediately.

:lol: Priceless! :lol:

RU

Upvote 0

DisneyMarg

My husband is no Disney fan, but humors me with a trip from time to time. I think one thing that has helped him tolerate it is that I am careful to plan for his needs just like I do for the kids and me. I'm one of the planner types but work hard at being flexible about it. Before our first trip as a family I listed all of the attractions, shows, and parades, and included non-theme park activities as well - swimming in the pool, napping, shopping, etc. Then I had everyone tell me what their highest priority things were, and planned around that. It meant that I actually had to plan an afternoon nap every day so hubby could get his highest priority thing, but we did it, and now it's become a nice tradition.

Also, I found that when I took a Disney trip or two without him, he mysteriously became more interested in going on the next one.... although he isn't yet to the point where he admits to really liking it.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

ADevereaux said:
"I think the reason I don't like Disney is because it is so fantasy-oriented. I like reality." :lookaroun
I don't understand .................................. which bit of Disney is Fantasy, I thought it was all real :confused:

Upvote 0

HoW

ADevereaux said:
The Magic IS real. My hubby just doesn't get it! :hammer:
Neither does my fiancee!! But she sticks with me, doesn't complain, and keeps telling me that our children will get more out of it (when we have them) than she ever will. She's almost perfect, even if she isn't as in love with the Magic as I am!

Upvote 0

lborne

Ususally, it is the husband (or male) who does not like Disneyworld, but I suppose there are a few women who don't care for it either. It is a good thing not everyone is a Disney fanatic like the people on this group - just think how crowded the place would be then.

Growing up as a kid, I always wanted to go to DW, but my dad hated crowds. Finally, when I was about 7, he surprised us and we flew to Orlando for the weekend. Got to the MK (that was all there was back then) and after riding SM, 10,000 Leagues, and seeing the Tiki birds show, he had had enough. We spent the rest of the weekend at the hotel pool. We spent more time on the airplane that we did at DW. And on top of that, my parents only took 2 photos. I'm making up for it now.

Upvote 0

barnum42

Although having a partner who likes Disney World is no guarantees of their stability. My previous GF was a big fan of the parks but turned out to be a bit of a psycho. :lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom