Survivor: San Juan Del Sur- Blood vs. Water II

SAV

Man, I am just not feeling the connection with anyone on the show this season. There is nobody that I want to win and nobody that I really hate. It's just blah to me. I mentioned Jeremy previously, but he is just so bad in the challenges at this point. I don't feel anyone is playing such a great game or is doing anything Russell-esque.

Very anti-climactic last night with Julie quitting. I really would have liked to see how a vote shook out and let them get their cards on the table and see the fireworks.

Here is her interview:
http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv...away-julie-i-just-saw-straight-through-missy/

I could also do without all of the lovey-dovey stuff going on. It's Survivor, not the Dating game.

PUSH

Julie was just a number. She just didn't have the personality for that game. If it wasn't for John, she would not have been on the show.

Right now my favorite has to be Josh, but he has up and down moments. My least favorite is Jeremy. He just rubs me the wrong way.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
I need one more episode to really figure out the dynamics and decide who I really like. I already know I hate the Missy/Baylor duo.
I feel like this episode would have been much more interesting should Dale have survived, Baylor was booted, and Jon had the fake idol. Three really power players, a unique dynamic in the game.
This whole quitting situation really isn't fair to Keith, right? Should Julie have quit before Immunity challenge, then go ahead and forget Tribal, but it was after Keith already won, so it basically means nothing.

NYwdwfan

Just saw that CBS has listed the Season Finale on December 17th for 2 hours and the next season premiere will be on February 25th for 1.5 hours.

I'm so happy to hear this - I cannot wait for this season to be over and go on to another one. Although I have a feeling it will be some sort of All Stars show.

Man, I am just not feeling the connection with anyone on the show this season. There is nobody that I want to win and nobody that I really hate. It's just blah to me. I mentioned Jeremy previously, but he is just so bad in the challenges at this point. I don't feel anyone is playing such a great game or is doing anything Russell-esque.

Very anti-climactic last night with Julie quitting. I really would have liked to see how a vote shook out and let them get their cards on the table and see the fireworks.

Here is her interview:
http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv...away-julie-i-just-saw-straight-through-missy/

I could also do without all of the lovey-dovey stuff going on. It's Survivor, not the Dating game.

Agreed. It's a bunch of boring people with boring commentary and boring loved ones. It's not enough I just can't stand Baylor - now we have to deal with her annoying mom. And stop smooching. It's annoying. I liked Jeremy's comments on the PDAs.

I'm also sick of people quitting. It seems someone quits every season lately!

I have a feeling the clip from next week showing John and whatever her name (Jacklyn?) is fighting over who to side with ends up being a one off comment from her with nothing that backs it up.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
I think next episode, judging by the TV guide description, will be dramatic as two parent-child duos will go off on each other....really bad. I think the only ones of that relationship left are Missy and Baylor and Keith and Wes, although there may be someone I'm missing.

Personally, I have been really enjoying this season. There's good gameplay, and drama every week. Theres a good storyline building up between sides of the camp, and potential huge rivals Jeremy and Josh. There are villains and heroes.

I really hate it when people quit also, but this time it worked out for the better for us viewers. First, because now we get an extra extended period of the Josh vs Jeremy rivalry and how that plays out, and also, now we lose the deadweight on the camp that is Julie and we don't have to worry about her being disappointingly being dragged to the finals. I think Jeff was too nice to Julie about her quitting, too. This was probably the worst/stupidest quit ever on the show (She was never in danger of going home because of the trail mix, and she couldn't even choose a reason why she was quitting...first it was the trail mix, then the weather, and then her boobso_O), and Jeff just treated her like a child instead of acting how he should have and how he used to with quits.

PUSH

I think this season might just be a disappointment for us because of how great last season was. Let's face it, there will probably never again be an entirely new cast as great as last season.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
I think this season might just be a disappointment for us because of how great last season was. Let's face it, there will probably never again be an entirely new cast as great as last season.
I agree. Last season was just amazing, and it will definitely be hard to get as great a cast. And I think having it be BvW limits the possibilities of an awesome cast, because even if there is one great person, the other might be only average.

NYwdwfan

I think next episode, judging by the TV guide description, will be dramatic as two parent-child duos will go off on each other....really bad. I think the only ones of that relationship left are Missy and Baylor and Keith and Wes, although there may be someone I'm missing.

Personally, I have been really enjoying this season. There's good gameplay, and drama every week. Theres a good storyline building up between sides of the camp, and potential huge rivals Jeremy and Josh. There are villains and heroes.

I really hate it when people quit also, but this time it worked out for the better for us viewers. First, because now we get an extra extended period of the Josh vs Jeremy rivalry and how that plays out, and also, now we lose the deadweight on the camp that is Julie and we don't have to worry about her being disappointingly being dragged to the finals. I think Jeff was too nice to Julie about her quitting, too. This was probably the worst/stupidest quit ever on the show (She was never in danger of going home because of the trail mix, and she couldn't even choose a reason why she was quitting...first it was the trail mix, then the weather, and then her boobso_O), and Jeff just treated her like a child instead of acting how he should have and how he used to with quits.

I HATE when people say "people don't like me because they're jealous of me". No - people don't like you BECAUSE you're a b00*, not BECAUSE OF your b00*s.

seahawk7

Julie was just a number. She just didn't have the personality for that game. If it wasn't for John, she would not have been on the show.

Right now my favorite has to be Josh, but he has up and down moments. My least favorite is Jeremy. He just rubs me the wrong way.
Yeah I like Josh too. He is unapologetically making the moves he needs to get far.

seahawk7

Here is her interview:

I agree about the lovey dove stuff. I also can't believe the couples have gotten this far. In past seasons they would have broken up the pairs by now. I don't understand why they haven't broken up the pairs yet. It might be too late now. I think Missi and Baylor are going to be hard to beat. Josh is the only one more manipulative than Missi so hopefully he can do something.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
I agree about the lovey dove stuff. I also can't believe the couples have gotten this far. In past seasons they would have broken up the pairs by now. I don't understand why they haven't broken up the pairs yet. It might be too late now. I think Missi and Baylor are going to be hard to beat. Josh is the only one more manipulative than Missi so hopefully he can do something.
Jeremy too, while he isn't in a couple, he is one of the smartest players. It should be interesting, farther down the road though, when the couples have to each start voting out their loved one.

PUSH

I stumbled upon this today. It's a Survivor After Show Podcast that has Jerri Manthey on it. She is very entertaining.

http://www.podcastone.com/program?action=viewProgram&programID=702

It's definitely a way to get a Survivor fix between shows.
Gordon Holmes and Spencer Bledsoe (Cagayan) do a power ranking each week for who they think will go home next, and who they think is the safest. Kind of interesting to read. Then they assign point values based on what really happens to keep score.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv...l-sur-power-rankings-stinky-smooch-edition/?1

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
I stumbled upon this today. It's a Survivor After Show Podcast that has Jerri Manthey on it. She is very entertaining.

http://www.podcastone.com/program?action=viewProgram&programID=702

It's definitely a way to get a Survivor fix between shows.
I think I've mentioned before, but I really like Rob Cesternino's and Stephen Fishbach's Survivor Know-it-alls podcasting system. I really like listening to them live after Survvior, and when they have guests during the week. I really recommend it to, as you said, get a Survivor fix (Which I have to say, I need!:D:p;))
http://robhasawebsite.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo-cYYMN4rUc5zk2Kr5GTTg

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
Well, darn. I was really looking forward to Josh going farther in the game, seeing as he is one of the most strategic players, as well as perhaps a great Survivor rivalry between Josh and Jeremy. Next week's episode sounds good though...it's always fun when "all chaos breaks loose".

Going back to Josh vs Jeremy though, this episode would have been much better if they really built up that storyline some more on how this is it, who will it be, alliance vs alliance. Oh well.

Dang, I do not like Missy and Baylor, particularly...actually, I take that back. I don't like them equally. But Missy, this is a game, and like I said before, they are not "bullying" your daughter. You do not need to go all mother-bear crazy. Sorry, I don't often break out the bold, but I feel as though I had to:p

I honestly also think the whole rude guys thing was a bit of an overreaction, but I also feel like we didn't get to see it all to keep a bit of a hero-edit for that alliance. Alec did kind of come off as a jerk.

So, overall, IMO bad job on editing's part tonight, as well as the past few weeks just building up storylines that get replaced by ones of the opposite, albeit some were expanded upon. I think though from here on out it can only get better, we are at that point in the season.

SAV

The guys can only blame themselves for the vote. They did come off like jerks to the women. As Probst said, perception is reality. They blew it for themselves. And Keith spitting at Tribal after the discussion about the guys cracked me up. He is just a good ole' boy.

I am not sure it was the best move for John and Jacklyn strategically, but him having the idol does help them.

Here is Josh at Ponderosa:
http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/v.../survivor-san-juan-del-sur-josh-at-ponderosa/

216bruce

Nothing like watching guys fart, belch, talk about farting and belching and then watch one of them get close to heaving and talking about pooping. Great television. Yee-Haw!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom