Survivor: San Juan Del Sur- Blood vs. Water II

NYwdwfan

I think the only thing that would save this season for me is if Jacklyn and John break up and get all bitter and start screaming all over the place. Aside from that, not sure they can save it from the poor casting job. IMO.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
Might sound weird, but I'm actually starting to like Jon. He's made big moves, but I think he gave in to Jaclyn this episode. He didn't look excited when Josh was voted out.
I actually think I agree. He is a good guy, funny in his own ways and is at least working hard to play the game. I just wish he went with his instincts and voted out Baylor instead of playing emotionally.

seahawk7

Well, darn. I was really looking forward to Josh going farther in the game, seeing as he is one of the most strategic players, as well as perhaps a great Survivor rivalry between Josh and Jeremy. Next week's episode sounds good though...it's always fun when "all chaos breaks loose".

Going back to Josh vs Jeremy though, this episode would have been much better if they really built up that storyline some more on how this is it, who will it be, alliance vs alliance. Oh well.

Dang, I do not like Missy and Baylor, particularly...actually, I take that back. I don't like them equally. But Missy, this is a game, and like I said before, they are not "bullying" your daughter. You do not need to go all mother-bear crazy. Sorry, I don't often break out the bold, but I feel as though I had to:p

I honestly also think the whole rude guys thing was a bit of an overreaction, but I also feel like we didn't get to see it all to keep a bit of a hero-edit for that alliance. Alec did kind of come off as a jerk.

So, overall, IMO bad job on editing's part tonight, as well as the past few weeks just building up storylines that get replaced by ones of the opposite, albeit some were expanded upon. I think though from here on out it can only get better, we are at that point in the season.
Yeah I was disappointed Josh went home. I can't stand Missi and Baylor either but I really don't like the smoochy couple either. I am just happy Jeremy stayed safe this week. The one thing I do like about Missy is that she is in an alliance with Jeremy.
Other than that, the couples need to be broken up. There isn't a lot of the good, hard play we are used to on Survivor. It almost seems to be a little like BB this season.
Josh played hard, that's why I was sad to see him go. Now I root for Jeremy.

seahawk7

I actually think I agree. He is a good guy, funny in his own ways and is at least working hard to play the game. I just wish he went with his instincts and voted out Baylor instead of playing emotionally.
For me, John is wanting Jeremy out so I want him out. Plus John is hiding in a couple. I agree with @NYwdwfan that it would be awesome to see the couple implode than explode. One can hope.

seahawk7

Am I the only one here who thinks that the players shouldn't be allowed to go through each other's belongings? The episode when Julie decides to go home, I did not think John should have been allowed by production to go through her bag to find the trail mix. I mean would that have allowed in society?
Do you think production would allow a fight to break out or unwanted sexual advances from one player on another? No. Why? Because that is not tolerated in society. So why is rummaging through another's belongings tolerated? Next time you are at work, try to go through your coworkers purse or personal bag and see what happens.
Just curious.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
Am I the only one here who thinks that the players shouldn't be allowed to go through each other's belongings? The episode when Julie decides to go home, I did not think John should have been allowed by production to go through her bag to find the trail mix. I mean would that have allowed in society?
Do you think production would allow a fight to break out or unwanted sexual advances from one player on another? No. Why? Because that is not tolerated in society. So why is rummaging through another's belongings tolerated? Next time you are at work, try to go through your coworkers purse or personal bag and see what happens.
Just curious.
I don't mind it. It's also to keep the story that they are all alone trapped on the island with only themselves and Jeff (and the taco bar people, of course), so they can't really step in too much. It adds to the drama, which in the end is exactly what the producers want. It's rude, I agree, but its not the real world. And the people in the real world do see them go through things, so then we, citizens of the real world, then form opinion on them based on what we think. It's all just story. Sorry if that was confusing;)

seahawk7

I don't mind it. It's also to keep the story that they are all alone trapped on the island with only themselves and Jeff (and the taco bar people, of course), so they can't really step in too much. It adds to the drama, which in the end is exactly what the producers want. It's rude, I agree, but its not the real world. And the people in the real world do see them go through things, so then we, citizens of the real world, then form opinion on them based on what we think. It's all just story. Sorry if that was confusing;)
I hear you that it's all for drama but where do they draw the line. Answer is exactly where they did: you can rummage through other players' stuff but you can't hit someone in the face. One distinction is that I haven't seen anyone steal from anyone yet let alone an idol. I've seen an idol found in someone's bag but then it goes right back where they found it.
I brought this topic up because it is what soured me against John. I didn't like that he went into Julie ' s bag.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
I hear you that it's all for drama but where do they draw the line. Answer is exactly where they did: you can rummage through other players' stuff but you can't hit someone in the face. One distinction is that I haven't seen anyone steal from anyone yet let alone an idol. I've seen an idol found in someone's bag but then it goes right back where they found it.
I brought this topic up because it is what soured me against John. I didn't like that he went into Julie ' s bag.
Well, there was this kind of funny moment back in Caramoan when Erik found and idol, and Andrew basically grabbed it from his hand and shouted "Mine!":p

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
What do you think would have happened if Erik pried it out of Andrew ' s fingers?
But really, I'm not sure. They probably would have left it alone, but if Erik didn't get it back and actually complained to production, Andrea probably would have been forced to give it back and they just would have edited it out of the episode.

PUSH

Just caught up with this thread, but another example of someone stealing something was Woo last season stealing Spencer's clue to an idol. That made for great TV with the free-for-all. I'm glad that Spencer ended up finding it anyway.

PUSH

Finally some game-changing strategic moves! Jon is a lot smarter than I think he's given credit for, and Reed is emerging as a strategic players, too. Keith and Wes seem clueless as usual, Missy and Baylor are just numbers, Jaclyn is too. Natalie is on the outs now, so it'll be interesting to hear what she has to say about this now.

Josh's reactions on the jury were priceless.

As of now I'm liking Jon and Reed, but who knows how much longer Jon will be there after he made this move. Plus, his physical attributes are threatening in challenges.

NYwdwfan

Finally some game-changing strategic moves! Jon is a lot smarter than I think he's given credit for, and Reed is emerging as a strategic players, too. Keith and Wes seem clueless as usual, Missy and Baylor are just numbers, Jaclyn is too. Natalie is on the outs now, so it'll be interesting to hear what she has to say about this now.

Josh's reactions on the jury were priceless.

As of now I'm liking Jon and Reed, but who knows how much longer Jon will be there after he made this move. Plus, his physical attributes are threatening in challenges.

Agreed - finally an enjoyable episode.

Missy vs Baylor was a joke. Ever since Baylor cried her mom is completely worthless in head to head challenges with her.

Finally looking forward to next week's episode.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom