Survivor: Heroes vs Healers vs Hustlers

GenerationX

A classic first boot - an "old" lady. In this particular case, the old lady was only 46 and an ex-Olympic swimmer, but Survivor has to have its patterns (and did you know fire represents life?).

Since Alan played Cornerback for the Fighting Illini (and a season with Da Bears, too), he is a MUST root for in our house.

I liked the theme park aspects of the immunity challenge: a roller coaster and a hurl at the end!

SAV

Was very disappointed the show was only an hour. Expected 1.5 to 2 hours. Everything seemed rushed.

Liked the idol twist and that it was just good at first tribal.

Predictable first boot.

Not going to bother predicting a winner. Way too early and too much can happen.

Also saw that Johnny Fairplay has a new Survivor Podcast. Didn't listen to it, so can't say if it is good or not.

Wendy Pleakley

Nothing terribly exciting about this season at first glance.

Another pointless tribe division by theme.

The immunity idol felt fairly pointless. The odds of it coming into play were low, so why bother?

Immunity idol strip searches might be the final straw that make me wish they would just get rid of the things.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Alan is koo koo for cocoa puffs, and for sure Joe is nothing more than a Tony Light.

Heroes - I like Ben and Chrissy.
Healers - I don't really have a feel for anyone. Don't like Joe that much. Have read/heard that everyone is gaga for Cole.
Hustlers - Not crazy about Lauren. Was Simone even in this episode? Think it might be fun to watch a bromance develop between Ryan and Devon - kind of like Tai and Beast Mode.

As someone else said, a one hour premiere is not enough to get a feel for 18 different personalities.

So far, I like Jeff best.

Probst. :hilarious:

PUSH

Alan is koo koo for cocoa puffs, and for sure Joe is nothing more than a Tony Light.

Heroes - I like Ben and Chrissy.
Healers - I don't really have a feel for anyone. Don't like Joe that much. Have read/heard that everyone is gaga for Cole.
Hustlers - Not crazy about Lauren. Was Simone even in this episode? Think it might be fun to watch a bromance develop between Ryan and Devon - kind of like Tai and Beast Mode.

As someone else said, a one hour premiere is not enough to get a feel for 18 different personalities.

So far, I like Jeff best.

Probst. :hilarious:
I've heard Ryan and Devon compared to Ken and David, and now Tai and Caleb. Everyone is forgetting the original wimp/jock alliance... Stephen and JT! Although Tai was not a wimp.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I've heard Ryan and Devon compared to Ken and David, and now Tai and Caleb. Everyone is forgetting the original wimp/jock alliance... Stephen and JT! Although Tai was not a wimp.
Some are even going as far back as Rich and Rudy - although Rich was no jock, and Rudy was no wimp.

I was just looking at the Opposites Attract Bromance angle.

And thank you so much for reminding me about Ken. :inlove:

PUSH

I guessed the person going home in the first 3 minutes. When you have no air time in week 1, then you have tons of air time in week 2, you're going home.

Not sure I care for Patrick staying, but Simone was a bore.

I really like Allie. She's a gamer, and I like that. I think she could go far. And I think she's my favorite so far. We haven't seen much of him, but I really like Mike, too. He seems smart, and he's not a goof ball like his pregame made it seem.

Another okay episode, but nothing special. Jeff really promoted how great the end of the season was - especially the final TC, so I'm not really expecting much until then.

GenerationX

I liked that Chrissy kept the first-tribal-only idol as a decoy and has since made alliances with everyone. She's sharp. Kinda hot, too.

I loved that Cole (or whatever his name is) was concerned about the age difference between him and Jessica, because ... she just turned 30. Oh, no! She's ancient.

The sign part of the immunity challenge was pretty cool. I'm sure they'll end up repeating it in season 43, if not sooner.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I guessed the person going home in the first 3 minutes. When you have no air time in week 1, then you have tons of air time in week 2, you're going home.

Not sure I care for Patrick staying, but Simone was a bore.

I really like Allie. She's a gamer, and I like that. I think she could go far. And I think she's my favorite so far. We haven't seen much of him, but I really like Mike, too. He seems smart, and he's not a goof ball like his pregame made it seem.

Another okay episode, but nothing special. Jeff really promoted how great the end of the season was - especially the final TC, so I'm not really expecting much until then.
Agreed. I knew it was Simone immediately. No great loss.

I like Joe less than last week, which means not all. I like Chrissy less than last week, but still quite a bit.

Like you, I’m really thinking Ali could go far.

Tribe favourites:
Heroes - Ben
Healers - Cole
Hustlers - Devon and Ali.

All subject to change.

And now that I’m all caught up, I can check out Twitter, which I’ve avoided for 24 hours. :(
Let’s see what Dalton Ross has to say, shall we?

PUSH

Ali and Patrick know each other prior to the start of the game. They went to college together and lived across the street from each other. It was not planned and seems to be an accident.
Saw that. It's happened a few times before, too, in newbie seasons. I believe Laura Morett and Brett knew each other in Samoa. I read that they went to the same church for years, and they had family members who were in the same elementary school class. Marcus and Crystal knew each other in Gabon - Marcus' best friend was Crystal's cousin. But they didn't align.

Things can slip through the cracks, but production really tries hard to make sure it doesn't happen.

PUSH

Forgot to share this earlier...

Favorites from each tribe:

Heroes: Chrissy
Healers: Mike
Hustlers: Ali

PUSH

Tried to watch the Survivor Know-It-Alls this week, but it was unbearable because Stephen Fishbach was replaced by Kass. And we all know I hated Kass in Cagayan, but she is awful at podcasting. Rob really had to work hard to keep the conversation up. Every question he asked, Kass tried to make some joke that fell flat and then said, "I don't know", when Rob asked for clarification. She's smart, but socially she's off her game.

artvandelay

Tried to watch the Survivor Know-It-Alls this week, but it was unbearable because Stephen Fishbach was replaced by Kass. And we all know I hated Kass in Cagayan, but she is awful at podcasting. Rob really had to work hard to keep the conversation up. Every question he asked, Kass tried to make some joke that fell flat and then said, "I don't know", when Rob asked for clarification. She's smart, but socially she's off her game.
Very true. This week's recap had Stephen on it.

sunsetblvd26

So far really liking this season. It has a very different feel than the past few so far, it already is shaping up to have a much greater focus on the characters and getting us invested in them instead of just strategy strategy strategy. Hopefully this keeps up and it could become one of the best modern seasons alongside Cagayan and Koah Rong.

Katrina and Simone, won't miss them a whole lot, neither really brought much to the table. So far my favorites are Mike and Ryan because they seem pretty entertaining, and Alan and Joe have the potential for wild gameplay. Chrissy and Lauren, also looking pretty good early on. Patrick is a straight up lunatic, and I love it (did anyone catch the secret scene? He was just sitting on the beach, and all of the sudden turns to the side and projectile vomits. Where did they find this guy?!).

PUSH

So far really liking this season. It has a very different feel than the past few so far, it already is shaping up to have a much greater focus on the characters and getting us invested in them instead of just strategy strategy strategy. Hopefully this keeps up and it could become one of the best modern seasons alongside Cagayan and Koah Rong.

Katrina and Simone, won't miss them a whole lot, neither really brought much to the table. So far my favorites are Mike and Ryan because they seem pretty entertaining, and Alan and Joe have the potential for wild gameplay. Chrissy and Lauren, also looking pretty good early on. Patrick is a straight up lunatic, and I love it (did anyone catch the secret scene? He was just sitting on the beach, and all of the sudden turns to the side and projectile vomits. Where did they find this guy?!).
They probably found him at a party Ali was at.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom