Studios Backlot Tour Refurb

Next Big Thing

I have heard from someone who works at the backlot tour and is often backstage by soundstage 1 that there are markings on the ground back there behind the soundstage for possible work on the building and that they have been often working behind there on things and in the building. Not sure how accurate it is, but that's what i've heard.

farside41

Does anyone know if Splash Mountain closed as planned today?

We are heading to Disney for a week next saturday and I was really hoping that the refurb would get delayed...

I have heard from someone who works at the backlot tour and is often backstage by soundstage 1 that there are markings on the ground back there behind the soundstage for possible work on the building and that they have been often working behind there on things and in the building. Not sure how accurate it is, but that's what i've heard.

Now is this person a reliable source?

RSoxNo1

It was concluded by many insiders on here that the family inverted coaster concept of Monster's Inc could fit into Soundstage 1, but it would be more likely that the Soundstage would have to be modified.

If there are indeed marks outside Soundstage 1, it's not unreasonable to think they are their to indicate an increase in the size of the soundstage.

I think an ideal timetable for Studios expansion could spell out a very strong park by the time the park turns 25:

It's conceivable that by 2014 they could have the following:
  • New Pre-Show for Muppetvision 3D, and main 3D show converted to Disney Digital 3D
  • Star Tours 2.0 re-opens
  • Major refurbishment to The Great Movie Ride (I would expect this after Star Tours re-opens)
  • Monster's Inc Coaster

Couple in a few more blue sky concepts like a restaurant with a Pixar movie tie in, and DHS potentially has a fairly bright future.

GizmoDuck

Original Poster
It was concluded by many insiders on here that the family inverted coaster concept of Monster's Inc could fit into Soundstage 1, but it would be more likely that the Soundstage would have to be modified.

If there are indeed marks outside Soundstage 1, it's not unreasonable to think they are their to indicate an increase in the size of the soundstage.

I think an ideal timetable for Studios expansion could spell out a very strong park by the time the park turns 25:

It's conceivable that by 2014 they could have the following:
  • New Pre-Show for Muppetvision 3D, and main 3D show converted to Disney Digital 3D
  • Star Tours 2.0 re-opens
  • Major refurbishment to The Great Movie Ride (I would expect this after Star Tours re-opens)
  • Monster's Inc Coaster

Couple in a few more blue sky concepts like a restaurant with a Pixar movie tie in, and DHS potentially has a fairly bright future.

Seems very, very possible :D

Don't forget about the possibilities of a rethemed playset!

...now if only we could get DL's dragon for F! :lookaroun

Studios Fan

Very interesting... :)

_Scar

Seems very, very possible :D

Don't forget about the possibilities of a rethemed playset!

...now if only we could get DL's dragon for F! :lookaroun

I hope we get much more drastic changes. :lookaroun

Beast + Furniture vs. Gaston + Provincial Mob scene replaces Pocahontas....

jmuboy

I'm not holding my breath. WDW looks to be entering its biggest construction lull in a long time (maybe ever) where its parks are concerned. Heck, even all the hotel construction has come to an end. Other than DTD changes, some restaurant changes at EPCOT, Star Tours re-do and the FL expansion (which I'm a little skeptical about) there is very little going on of substance at WDW and there seems. Even my list is stretching it. When did new restaurants make the list of top new draws in a year for WDW?

Hopefully someone will point out the error in this approach. If no one inside the WD Copany or TDO does then maybe a young sorcerer down the road will. Either way, WDW needs to quit resting on its lauels. At this point they have nearly crushed those laurels!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I'm not holding my breath. WDW looks to be entering its biggest construction lull in a long time (maybe ever) where its parks are concerned. Heck, even all the hotel construction has come to an end. Other than DTD changes, some restaurant changes at EPCOT, Star Tours re-do and the FL expansion (which I'm a little skeptical about) there is very little going on of substance at WDW and there seems. Even my list is stretching it. When did new restaurants make the list of top new draws in a year for WDW?

Hopefully someone will point out the error in this approach. If no one inside the WD Copany or TDO does then maybe a young sorcerer down the road will. Either way, WDW needs to quit resting on its lauels. At this point they have nearly crushed those laurels!

It's really quite the opposite. MK is about to enter one of it's biggest expansions ever. The Fantasyland project is huge, and action on the ground is set to begin within the month.

RSoxNo1

Yeah, I'm with Steve here, the Fantasyland expansion is pretty darn significant. The only park without construction walls right now is the Animal Kingdom (granted I'd argue it's the park in most dire need of expansion).

I expect them to continue building DVC areas as it really helps the bottom line of the theme park. The money from DVC areas is added to the bottom line for theme park profits.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom