Studio Backlot Tour Closing on September 27, 2014

willtravel

I guess what I don't understand is why change the theme of the DHS at all? Why just not make the park better with the same theme? I would have thought it would be cheaper to continue a studio theme, and improve what you have, than to a different theme. I understand the use of the studios as originally intended stopped, which I don't understand why, but I still think the theme of the park is great. To me, I wonder if DHS is just going to be an extension of MK. I have always enjoyed BLT and am sad to see it go.

Goofyernmost

I don't understand this Close the park argument. There is still plenty to do. there is: coaster, tower, fantasmic, beauty and the beast, animation, the little mermaid, disney JR, one mans dream, Jack sparrow, toy story, great movie ride, indy, star tours, muppets, frozen, LMA, meet and greets, plenty of shopping and several restaurants. I could understand an argument for a reduced 1 day ticket temporarily until the construction is done but there is still plenty to do. Fantasmic alone brings in probably close to 30% of the guests.
Sorry, you misunderstood. What I said was merely a figure of speech, but, it does have an element of truth to it. They have to start putting back into the park. And what I meant was, if they don't build and if they continue to close things they might as well close the park. That doesn't, in any stretch of the imagination mean that I want them too. They are down to a precious few things now and even though those that remain are still popular, do you want to pay full admission to a nearly empty park? I don't, hence, they might as well close it.

But somewhere deep down I keep getting the signal... Made it a first class park or close the thing. All this half arsed stuff needs to be curtailed, and soon before Disney loses all credibility.

NormC

Only problem is with a ride that is as fast as RSR it would be difficult to reset the recycled water,pyro and vehicle in such a short amount of time...
RSR has slow show sections as well and timing could be adjusted as needed. Put some big eyes on the windshield of the truck and you are all set.

Jon81uk

Why not keep Catastrophe Canyon and integrate it with a RSR type ride.
As it is a 25 year old attraction that many people have seen plenty of times therefore isn't a surprise anymore. They don't need to keep anything, bulldoze and start again. There is sort of the same logic with Maelstrom, it would be better to replace complenty instead of overlaying.

CDavid

As it is a 25 year old attraction that many people have seen plenty of times therefore isn't a surprise anymore. They don't need to keep anything, bulldoze and start again. There is sort of the same logic with Maelstrom, it would be better to replace complenty instead of overlaying.

While I agree about Maelstrom (a Frozen attraction should be built from scratch in a park other than Epcot), too often Disney is too quick to bulldoze and doesn't have enough respect for its own history. If some version of Cars land was to appear at the Studios in Florida, the canyon set could be refurbished and incorporated into the new experience.

Also… I really want to know what's going to happen to walt's airplane.

In the same vein of lack of respect for its own history, it would indeed be a travesty not to see that airplane preserved somewhere else.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Echo lake is in front of Indy. Star tours is next to indy but it has BLX between them. Look at the map

https://www.google.com/maps/@28.35676,-81.5584866,659m/data=!3m1!1e3
They could reroute the entrance to Indy over toward Backlot Express, but right now it's from the path directly next to echo lake. If they close the lake area for construction they wouldn't be able to use the current entrance area. It's probably workable, but would be a nightmare when the show lets out. I'm still pretty much thinking that Indy will eventually go when they build out StarWars.

PhotoDave219

How close to "One Man's Dream is that building?

A very, very long distance away

Screen Shot 2014-09-24 at 7.06.20 PM.jpg

The red dot at the top is One Man's Dream, Circle at the bottom is the plane.

Goofyernmost

A very, very long distance away

View attachment 66721

The red dot at the top is One Man's Dream, Circle at the bottom is the plane.
Yes, I know where they both are located now. What I don't know is how close Soundstage 1 is to OMD. I posted earlier that it would make a tremendous addition to OMD especially if they did the display area to look like a hanger and put some of the internal components back in the plane. (i.e. Seats, tables, etc., like it was when Walt flew in it). I know I'd go to the park just to see that. If SS1 is just below Toy Story then it wouldn't work.

spacemt354

Chili's
Yes, I know where they both are located now. What I don't know is how close Soundstage 1 is to OMD. I posted earlier that it would make a tremendous addition to OMD especially if they did the display area to look like a hanger and put some of the internal components back in the plane. (i.e. Seats, tables, etc., like it was when Walt flew in it). I know I'd go to the park just to see that. If SS1 is just below Toy Story then it wouldn't work.

Soundstage 1 is directly below TSMM in that aerial image. The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow walk through is in between TSMM and One Man's Dream. I wouldn't mind the removal of Sparrow for the expansion of One Man's Dream, but I have no idea what the plans are so no use getting hopes up.

Goofyernmost

Soundstage 1 is directly below TSMM in that aerial image. The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow walk through is in between TSMM and One Man's Dream. I wouldn't mind the removal of Sparrow for the expansion of One Man's Dream, but I have no idea what the plans are so no use getting hopes up.
Gosh Darn It, dag nab it, there goes that idea.

PhotoDave219

In The above map, soundstage one is next to the word place in Pixar place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom