Studio Backlot Tour Closing on September 27, 2014

Unplugged

Agreed. While part of me is giddy as a school boy with anticipation of Christmas, another part of me just makes a sideways squshy smile, shakes my head, and hunches back over the keyboard. When DHS becomes another Wall-tropolis like the other locations are now, then I'll let myself get curious.

(Wow! How much of a beating have we taken over the past years to go from lovin' everything Disney to this non-emotional disbelief? And by the way, I believe the OP heard this, but I question the TDO intentions behind the message.)

GymLeaderPhil

A portion of the Studio Backlot Tour will be used to extend the magic of “Frozen” during this holiday season, which we previously announced. One of the most popular elements of Frozen Summer Fun, Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post, will be relocating to the Streets of America spot and will continue to operate closer to the popular “For the First Time in Forever: A ‘Frozen’ Sing-Along Celebration.”

We are working on other developments for that area, as well, and we look forward to sharing more details at a later date.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I thought Frozen Oakens was moving to the prop store that just recently closed?

Edit: from the main page:

• "For the First Time in Forever: A ‘Frozen’ Sing-Along Celebration" will be remaining, playing in the Premiere Theater on the Streets of America. The number of shows per day vary, up to a maximum of 10. There is some speculation that the show will ultimately move to the American Idol location, but this has not yet been confirmed.
  • Wandering Oaken's merchandise location and play area will move to the former American Film Institute Showcase, located at the exit of the Studio Backlot Tour. There will be no ice skating, but the real snow playground and Frozen merchandise will continue to be available.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I'm surprised this happened so fast. I'm not jumping to the conclusion that this means anything will be replacing it anytime soon. I am a little optimistic. Honestly, it's so watered down anyway it's not a huge loss.

Any word on LMA? If that show ends too then we have to have some serious plans being moved forward.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom