Studio Backlot Tour Closing on September 27, 2014

Macca250

I'm going to throw my hand in from across the pond and stand well back...... Muppet's expansion?? ;)
Not unless Most Wanted has had some incredible home video sales. I could see Muppetvision being present on the list of things to be axed. Which is a shame because I love the muppets, but I can't see it being a priority over other franchises. We can dream though, right?

FoozieBear

I'm really sad to hear about this. The Backlot was one of my favorite attractions. I loved seeing all the amazing props there, and some cool behind-the scenes stuff. I'm really going to miss that attraction.

Internal Disney computer network.
How does everyone know it's on The Hub if it's a private network?

FoozieBear

I'm going to throw my hand in from across the pond and stand well back...... Muppet's expansion?? ;)

I wish! Let's hope so!

Not unless Most Wanted has had some incredible home video sales. I could see Muppetvision being present on the list of things to be axed. Which is a shame because I love the muppets, but I can't see it being a priority over other franchises. We can dream though, right?

I wouldn't be so sure. Disney is investing a ton into the Muppets. Despite the lower box office turn-up than expected, Disney is still planning to put out more Muppet stuff (besides this year was a terrible financial year at the box office). I'm not so worried about Muppets in WDW. Rumors of a new film keep circulating, and I'm curious to find out if any of it is true.

Macca250

I wouldn't be so sure. Disney is investing a ton into the Muppets. Despite the lower box office turn-up than expected, Disney is still planning to put out more Muppet stuff (besides this year was a terrible financial year at the box office). I'm not so worried about Muppets in WDW. Rumors of a new film keep circulating, and I'm curious to find out if any of it is true.
I'd be first in line if there were any muppet additions :). But I think if the land where Muppetvision currently sits was required for something else (Star Wars?) then I can't see disney choosing an older 3D show over a dramatic attendance booster. But hey, it's all speculation maybe that courtyard is here to stay.

Turtle

I don't think, in 15 years, there will be any attractions based in reality at WDW anymore.

Studio Backlot Tour (even the shell that remained of it) - gone. Reality is being phased out, because the reality of the world in which we live no longer deserves to be romanticized.

Our world gets harsher and harsher, darker and darker by the day. Or at least, that's the message that's being sent by these recent changes.

By phasing out all the attractions based in the reality of the world (i.e. most of Future World over the past 15 years, Maelstrom, Studio Backlot Tour), the entirety of WDW will be Fantasyland. Tomorrowland became Fantasyland East, remember? It's only a matter of time before Epcot, TPFKaD-MGMS&DHS, and heck, even the Animal Kingdom (off to a good start with Avatarland), all combined together, become Fantasyland South.

I'm left to believe that the electorate, voting with their wallets, is a bunch of magic junkies that need their fix, 24/7, to escape the reality of this world.

All the parks should be renamed Magic Kingdom to reflect this. The original, Magic Kingdom North.

Epcot will become Magic Kingdom East.

Animal Kingdom will become Magic Kingdom West.

And TPFKaD-MGMS&DHS may as well be renamed Magic Kingdom South. (pardon the geographical inconsistencies, I'm merely trying to make a point ;) )
or.... maybe you're overreacting.

CDavid

About to experience the backlot tour for the final time. This is for nostalgia purposes only, this attraction is due for a replacement.

Be truly ironic for you if the Back Lot Tour got a temporary reprieve or pulled a 'Disneyland Subs' and reappeared at some point. Not that I expect it, just sayin'. :)

Mouse_Trap

Well, my cents worth on the Studios is I will be skipping it for my December 2017 trip! It seems like its going to be a construction zone in full swing by then...so why pay $95 to visit a construction zone!?

Hopefully, given that's more than 3 years away, we will some new openings by then. :cautious:

Do you only buy single day tickets then?
I would imagine people generally buy a minimum of 5 days which works out at about $60/day.
....buy a 10 day pass and you're looking at more like $35/day.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Just hope that Toy Story Land isn't decorated carnival rides. This is the last thing DHS needs IMHO. If the Magic Kingdom never needed carnival rides "for the kids" , then DHS doesn't need them either. (I know someone is going to point out that dumbo and the carousel are carnival rides - point still stands as those are minor attractions in a fully fleshed out park.) What DHS needs is attractions the whole family can ride together. :)
Agreed on DHS needing rides for the whole family. Although I think rides like Dumbo and the Carousel are rides that the whole family can ride together and enjoy. Every time I've been on them I've seen plenty of parents riding with their kids and even adults riding alone. Disney doesn't really have true "kiddie" rides in their parks. A "kiddie" ride has a maximum height which prohibits adults from riding and is designed only for little kids. People here use the term kiddie ride as a derogatory term to belittle rides that aren't thrilling enough or are not geared towards adults. Rides like Mine Train. A ride like Mater's Junkyard Jamboree or some of the spinner and flat rides that exist at various Disney parks would go a long way to fill out a park in desperate need of rides. It would be great if they added a dark ride or 2 as well even if they are only basic in design (something in the same scope as Pooh in MK, Mr Toad in DL or the Monters inc ride in DCA). I'd love an e-ticket dark ride on par with HM or Mystery Manor but I'm not holding my breath for that.

Tom

Beta Return
I'm really sad to hear about this. The Backlot was one of my favorite attractions. I loved seeing all the amazing props there, and some cool behind-the scenes stuff. I'm really going to miss that attraction.

How does everyone know it's on The Hub if it's a private network?

It was one of my favorite attractions in the early 90s. After they pruned out all the soundstage tours, I lost some interest. After LMA went it, they might as well have closed the attraction.

ThemeParkJunkee

Revised touring plan for the Studios yet again. Down to 5 rides now. At first FP was not available all day for the Great Movie Ride so I thought it was closed for a wedding event or something. I wasn't going to use a FP+ but the fact that it wasn't there piqued my curiousity. Now Backlot Tour is closed. Not a "Frozen" fan. Suddenly, GMR is again available as a FP+...did someone have to move their party? How ridiculous that the Studios is down to 5 rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom