Star Wars Weekends 2015

bfeaglewings

I will be honeymooning at WDW from May 16-24. I'm assuming Star Wars Weekends will be happening while we are there. My question: which evening would be better to visit DHS for the fireworks--Sunday, May 17 or Friday, May 22 (start of Memorial Day weekend)? I have never been to SWW before so I don't know what the crowd level patterns are like. Not really interested in the meet n greets or shows, mainly the fireworks. Thanks!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I will be honeymooning at WDW from May 16-24. I'm assuming Star Wars Weekends will be happening while we are there. My question: which evening would be better to visit DHS for the fireworks--Sunday, May 17 or Friday, May 22 (start of Memorial Day weekend)? I have never been to SWW before so I don't know what the crowd level patterns are like. Not really interested in the meet n greets or shows, mainly the fireworks. Thanks!
The fireworks will be packed both nights, so I don't think there is really much to choose between them. Get in position at least an hour before if you are looking for a certain viewing spot.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The fireworks will be packed both nights, so I don't think there is really much to choose between them. Get in position at least an hour before if you are looking for a certain viewing spot.
This^^^

It's a little early but does anyone have an idea when the weekends might be happening in 2015? Think they will do 5 weekends again?
Last 2 weekends of May and the first 2 in June are the typical pattern. Anything past that is guessing.

Upvote 0

minniemickeyfan

Any new speculations? Disney has me make dining reservations before I know what's going on. Will leave room for the H&V Star Wars dinner if they have that again. That was really cool! Especially with an infant now-no waiting in line out in the heat to meet all of them!

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

Any new speculations? Disney has me make dining reservations before I know what's going on. Will leave room for the H&V Star Wars dinner if they have that again. That was really cool! Especially with an infant now-no waiting in line out in the heat to meet all of them!
I'm sure it will continue. It made bank for Disney.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

I wish they would add an extra weekend or two to the start in May. Not sure if it would be possible but would love to get to both Flower & Garden and Star Wars Weekend in the same trip.
Yeah, I'm not entirely sure why SWW are so limited. They bring huge crowds to DHS. You would think it'd be Star Wars Months.

Upvote 0

Bethypoo

I wish they would add an extra weekend or two to the start in May. Not sure if it would be possible but would love to get to both Flower & Garden and Star Wars Weekend in the same trip.
I went in 2012 on the last weekend of F&G which was also the beginning weekend of SWW. I'm not sure if they still overlap them like that but it was a really fun weekend.

Upvote 0

minniemickeyfan

We used to be able to catch the end of the F&G show at the end of May with SWW every year.
love to do that again

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Yeah, I'm not entirely sure why SWW are so limited. They bring huge crowds to DHS. You would think it'd be Star Wars Months.

And the crowds get bigger each year...I think next year will be a record with The Force Awakens opening next December. Since Disney does something special on May 4th (or at least they did this year), that should be the start date for SWW. Just hope Disney announces who the guests hosts will be earlier than they did this year.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

And the crowds get bigger each year...I think next year will be a record with The Force Awakens opening next December. Since Disney does something special on May 4th (or at least they did this year), that should be the start date for SWW. Just hope Disney announces who the guests hosts will be earlier than they did this year.
Heck, announce the dates at least! They are well within their forced 180- day window to plan dining so they ought to release dates like this so folks can plan accordingly.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Heck, announce the dates at least! They are well within their forced 180- day window to plan dining so they ought to release dates like this so folks can plan accordingly.

Agree. Going over Memorial Day weekend and just made our ADRs last week. Assumed that SWW will be that weekend, so made ADRs in DHS one day. It's not like SWW is just a little piddling little thing. It's becoming a major event and quite frankly, should be SW Month, not just weekends. Can you imagine MNSSHP or MVMCP happening just on weekends? Come on Disney, if you are milking Frozen for everything you can, surely you can expand SWW to SW Month... :)

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

Agree. Going over Memorial Day weekend and just made our ADRs last week. Assumed that SWW will be that weekend, so made ADRs in DHS one day. It's not like SWW is just a little piddling little thing. It's becoming a major event and quite frankly, should be SW Month, not just weekends. Can you imagine MNSSHP or MVMCP happening just on weekends? Come on Disney, if you are milking Frozen for everything you can, surely you can expand SWW to SW Month... :)
Agreed. It would be a welcome cash grab!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom