Star Wars Weekend

venooch333

Original Poster
I will be going to the world this June with my parents and it will be there first time we weill have been there for the star wars weekends!! I was wondering was this event actually entails and is it worth the extra time to going during our 2 week long visit??

julwh

If you are going to the park on a Fri, Sat or Sun, you will be IMMERSED in Star Wars. Plenty of characters walking around, two stars each weekend from the movies signing autographs, exclusive merchandise, special shows, the parade featuring the 501st, and being around thousands of other Star Wars fans.

I think it really all depends on how much you enjoy Star Wars and what you want to do on your trip! I personally love it because I am a fan and I am also 501st so I march in the parade.

NewfieFan

If you are going to the park on a Fri, Sat or Sun, you will be IMMERSED in Star Wars. Plenty of characters walking around, two stars each weekend from the movies signing autographs, exclusive merchandise, special shows, the parade featuring the 501st, and being around thousands of other Star Wars fans.

I think it really all depends on how much you enjoy Star Wars and what you want to do on your trip! I personally love it because I am a fan and I am also 501st so I march in the parade.

That's a pretty good description of what goes on and what to expect! As this person mentioned it all depends on how much you like Star Wars. My husband loves Star Wars and he was even impressed by how many people (regular guests, I'm not talking about CMs) were dressed up for the event - everybody was in character! They also had Storm Troopers (is that what they're called?) making fun of people waiting to get into the park that day - it was cute! There was a Meet 'n Greet for Jedi Mickey as well! I will warn you though, it's crazy busy!!! When we were there it was shoulder to shoulder at times. If you love Star Wars and you want to attend I would suggest getting there early that day!

julwh

If you want autographs from the stars (not the characters), you REALLY need to be there early as they use a fast-pass type system for it. I know some people that line up 3- 4 hours before the gates open to get the autographs.

Have fun! I will be there marching as a stormtrooper all four weekends!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom