Star Wars: Rogue One

tk924

MakingStarWarsDotNet said:
The Rogue One: A Star Wars Story panel from Star Wars Celebration Europe has been uploaded to YouTube via “Flicks and the City.” As many of us have already noticed, the official Star Wars YouTube channel still has not uploaded this panel. That is most likely due to Jiang Wen’s massive spoiler that he dropped during the panel.
You can hear the spoiler in this recording of the panel, so I don’t recommend watching this if you don’t want to be spoiled.

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/07/rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-panel-on-youtube/

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
A new trailer is going to be shown tonight sometime during the Olympics coverage on NBC, although I am sure it will be online shortly after it is shown.

21stamps

Ok I just specifically came to this site to search a Rogue One thread.

I'm totally confused. Is Darth Vader in the movie?

21stamps

I still don't understand what it's about.

Posted the same Vader question on FB..hopefully the Star Wars geeks will comment soon.

Hula Popper

I still don't understand what it's about.

Posted the same Vader question on FB..hopefully the Star Wars geeks will comment soon.

Not sure what's so hard to understand. If you saw the original movie just a single time and read any article about this new movie, you'd know what it's about..

It actually couldn't be any simpler - it's just the backstory of the MacGuffin at the heart of the original film.

21stamps

Not sure what's so hard to understand. If you saw the original movie just a single time and read any article about this new movie, you'd know what it's about..

It actually couldn't be any simpler - it's just the backstory of the MacGuffin at the heart of the original film.
That was extremely helpful, thanks :)

I did get an answer here and on Facebook from people who do answer questions instead of snide remarks.
I didn't know where it fit with relation to the other movies. Not all of us are completely Star Wars literate...But some of us are trying. I'm guessing you've probably watched them a few times.
My memories of the 80s aren't as great as they should be I guess. Episode 7, I'm good. The "newer ones" watched for the first time last summer.. Partially anyway. I think I'll start from the beginning again.

Serious question for those more informed than I am-
I've watched maybe one episode of Star Wars Rebels.. My understanding is that Rogue One has nothing to do with Jedis or the force. So is it more relevant to the tv show?
More importantly, am I going to have to buy an entire new fleet of Star Wars toys this Christmas?

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

I did get an answer here and on Facebook from people who do answer questions instead of snide remarks.
I didn't know where it fit with relation to the other movies. Not all of us are completely Star Wars literate...But some of us are trying. I'm guessing you've probably watched them a few times.
My memories of the 80s aren't as great as they should be I guess. Episode 7, I'm good. The "newer ones" watched for the first time last summer.. Partially anyway. I think I'll start from the beginning again.

I've watched maybe one episode of Star Wars Rebels.. My understanding is that Rogue One has nothing to do with Jedis or the force. So is it more relevant to the tv show?
More importantly, am I going to have to buy an entire new fleet of Star Wars toys this Christmas?

In the time between Episode 3 and 4 it seems that the Force has become almost a myth to most people so it probably won't play a big part in Rogue One, although there is at least one character show seems to still follow the ways of the force.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
This isn't a very authentic looking Star Wars movie. No way this narrow platform high up in the air would have a railing around it. ;)

upload_2016-8-12_10-26-55.png

Phroobar

It is rumored that the last episode of season 3 will tie into this movie.

Yes. Yes you will.

mf1972

curious to see how this movie will stand out from the others. been waiting to see star wars movies to expand different story lines. probably never would've gotten any of this if Lucas was still in charge.

21stamps

In the time between Episode 3 and 4 it seems that the Force has become almost a myth to most people so it probably won't play a big part in Rogue One, although there is at least one character show seems to still follow the ways of the force.
Thanks! There's a Star Wars Marathon in our future..
It is rumored that the last episode of season 3 will tie into this movie.

Yes. Yes you will.
Oh. Wonderful. I have such a love/hate relationship with Disney. I can't handle that stress again.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

Let me see if I can help out....

Rogue One is the story of how the Rebels stole the plans for the original Death Star. These were the same plans that Leia hid in R2-D2 at the beginning of the first Star Wars movie Episode 4 "A New Hope". From a continuity standpoint, Rogue One would be something like Episode 3.8.

At this time in Star Wars history, the Jedi are all but extinct, but the character pictured below is what is refereed to as "force sensitive". They can sense and use to force to a degree, but are not a full fledged Jedi.

star-wars-rogue-one-donnie-yen.jpg

Rebels takes place immediately following Episode 3 "Revenge of the Sith" call it Episode 3.2. There are still a few Jedi left at this point following the purge known as "Order 66" that took place in Episode 3. The story lines in this series a centered around the remaining Jedi and the formation of the Rebellion.

Lastly, Yes you will have a new fleet of Star Wars toys to by this Christmas and every Christmas flowing for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom