Star Wars: Rogue One

21stamps

Let me see if I can help out....

Rouge One is the story of how the Rebels stole the plans for the original Death Star. These were the same plans that Leia hid in R2-D2 at the beginning of the first Star Wars movie Episode 4 "A New Hope". From a continuity standpoint, Rouge One would be something like Episode 3.8.

At this time in Star Wars history, the Jedi are all but extinct, but the character pictured below is what is refereed to as "force sensitive". They can sense and use to force to a degree, but are not a full fledged Jedi.

star-wars-rogue-one-donnie-yen.jpg

Rebels takes place immediately following Episode 3 "Revenge of the Sith" call it Episode 3.2. There are still a few Jedi left at this point following the purge known as "Order 66" that took place in Episode 3. The story lines in this series a centered around the remaining Jedi and the formation of the Rebellion.

Lastly, Yes you will have a new fleet of Star Wars toys to by this Christmas and every Christmas flowing for the foreseeable future.
That helps a lot. Thank you!!

So basically the $200 Yoda doll that I bought because it was a "must have" is no longer relevant. But the $200 R2D2 that projects Princess Leia on the wall is semi relevant. All of the Episode 7 3.75" characters, no longer a big deal... Poe's overpriced X wing fighter may get shelved for awhile by my son.. but the overpriced Tie Fighters will probably still get used with whatever additions I'll have to make.lol

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
That helps a lot. Thank you!!

So basically the $200 Yoda doll that I bought because it was a "must have" is no longer relevant. But the $200 R2D2 that projects Princess Leia on the wall is semi relevant. All of the Episode 7 3.75" characters, no longer a big deal... Poe's overpriced X wing fighter may get shelved for awhile by my son.. but the overpriced Tie Fighters will probably still get used with whatever additions I'll have to make.lol
Something like that.

Lucasfilm has never had any qualms about taking the exact same product and packaging it in multiple ways or putting multiple variations of a figure in the same packaging so suckers like you and I will buy every version.

21stamps

One more question-

So from what I remember back when Rogue One was announced, they said that Disney will release a Star Wars movie every year for the next 6 years...which would mean that next year is Episode 8, and the following year would be the continuation of the Rogue One story?

Flippin'Flounder

One more question-

So from what I remember back when Rogue One was announced, they said that Disney will release a Star Wars movie every year for the next 6 years...which would mean that next year is Episode 8, and the following year would be the continuation of the Rogue One story?
No, Rogue One is alone, 2018 will be a Han Solo film, and 2020 will be a Boba Fett film, IIRC.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
One more question-

No, Rogue One is alone, 2018 will be a Han Solo film, and 2020 will be a Boba Fett film, IIRC.
This^^^ although I do not think the Boba Fett film has been 100% confirmed as of yet. I know it has been mentioned and there is about 99% chance it will happen, but there is that 1% chance that one of the other "Stories" concepts might win out.

21stamps

I have never hear anything official, but it does give them 2 years to work on each movie since there will be very little if any cast overlap.
I don't know how I feel about another actor playing Hans Solo.

And.. I just had to Google to find out who Boba Fett was.

Ok so if we do a marathon over the next 2 months..should we watch in order that they were released, or the correct numerical order? I've looked this up and read conflicting advice.

Flippin'Flounder

Ok so if we do a marathon over the next 2 months..should we watch in order that they were released, or the correct numerical order? I've looked this up and read conflicting advice.
If you've already seen all seven, it doesn't matter. If not, watch in order of release.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

For the first watch through I would go with release order as there are references that can get missed if you go out of order. You can also exclude the cartoons if you wish.

After you go through all 7 movies I would start with the cartoons. There are currently 2 Clone Wars Series. One was done in 2003 and the other was done in 2008. Timeline wise the one in 2003 comes after the one done in 2008, but you can watch them in either order.

Rebels is the series currently in production. You might want to watch that one first so you can keep up with it when new episodes start to air again, but again....that is not all that important.

If you really want to go down a rabbit hole I can give you a list of books to read as well.:D

21stamps

If you've already seen all seven, it doesn't matter. If not, watch in order of release.
We fell asleep during most of them...so split each movie between 2 nights last year, I think I slept thru all of 5 and 6. I just never cared about Star Wars until 11 months ago after a WDW trip and my 5 year old, now 6, started getting into it. Since then he has become full fledged Star Wars nut. He occasionally asks me questions and I usually have to google the answer...so I'm attempting to become a little more in the know.lol I'm trying though!!! I caught a lot of grief for mixing Marvel and DC characters for one of his birthdays, so made sure that this year was the appropriately themed Star Wars and not mixing episodes.
For the first watch through I would go with release order as there are references that can get missed if you go out of order. You can also exclude the cartoons if you wish.

After you go through all 7 movies I would start with the cartoons. There are currently 2 Clone Wars Series. One was done in 2003 and the other was done in 2008. Timeline wise the one in 2003 comes after the one done in 2008, but you can watch them in either order.

Rebels is the series currently in production. You might want to watch that one first so you can keep up with it when new episodes start to air again, but again....that is not all that important.

If you really want to go down a rabbit hole I can give you a list of books to read as well.:D
I think kiddo watches Clone Wars on Netflix. I've only seen one episode, and have no idea if it's the 2003 or 2008. I know that he hasn't seen all of the Rebels episodes. It's not available on demand and I always forget to record it.

Are the books good for a 6 year old?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
We fell asleep during most of them...so split each movie between 2 nights last year, I think I slept thru all of 5 and 6. I just never cared about Star Wars until 11 months ago after a WDW trip and my 5 year old, now 6, started getting into it. Since then he has become full fledged Star Wars nut. He occasionally asks me questions and I usually have to google the answer...so I'm attempting to become a little more in the know.lol I'm trying though!!! I caught a lot of grief for mixing Marvel and DC characters for one of his birthdays, so made sure that this year was the appropriately themed Star Wars and not mixing episodes.

I think kiddo watches Clone Wars on Netflix. I've only seen one episode, and have no idea if it's the 2003 or 2008. I know that he hasn't seen all of the Rebels episodes. It's not available on demand and I always forget to record it.

Are the books good for a 6 year old?
He is most likely watching the 2008 series. I do not think the one done in 2003 is currently streaming anywhere. It will however be real easy to tell by the animation style which one he is watching.

Mace-Windu-shielding-clone-troopers-on-Dantooine.jpg

2008_star_wars_the_clone_wars_013.jpg

They do have books for kids that age, but the books I am talking about would probably be a bit past his current reading level.

21stamps

He is most likely watching the 2008 series. I do not think the one done in 2003 is currently streaming anywhere. It will however be real easy to tell by the animation style which one he is watching.

Mace-Windu-shielding-clone-troopers-on-Dantooine.jpg

2008_star_wars_the_clone_wars_013.jpg

They do have books for kids that age, but the books I am talking about would probably be a bit past his current reading level.
Ok it's definitely the second one.

The Star Wars books we have are very basic. We've just started Harry Potter (together), that book may months to get through, so we can probably only handle one big chapter book at a time.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Ok it's definitely the second one.

The Star Wars books we have are very basic. We've just started Harry Potter (together), that book may months to get through, so we can probably only handle one big chapter book at a time.
Yeah...wait on the books. I would say they are on par to a little bit harder than Potter.

tk924

Lucasfilm has never had any qualms about taking the exact same product and packaging it in multiple ways or putting multiple variations of a figure in the same packaging so suckers like you and I will buy every version.

Ya, just like they're doing with the TFA 3D release. I mean, c-mon! They didn't just find additional deleted scenes. Not. Buying. Again.

21stamps

Ya, just like they're doing with the TFA 3D release. I mean, c-mon! They didn't just find additional deleted scenes. Not. Buying. Again.
Lol. Not exactly the same, but still frustrating- we have 2 C-3po figures, 1 all gold, and another with the red arm. Because it just wasn't acceptable to have the regular gold one around Kylo Ren. That stupid droid was impossible to find last Christmas. I paid more than double over the actual retail price for him from Amazon.lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom