Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Disney Analyst

Absolutely! I think my favorite touch is that you can see his feet. I feel like most super-advanced AAs have their feet hidden from view (Hondo, the Wicked Witch, Elsa, Kylo and Hux earlier in this ride, everyone in American Adventure, etc.) . It's an old trick, and it allows the engineers to make their movements more impressive by attaching any number of platforms, lifts, or turntables to their legs. The fact that they were able to get that level of movement and fluidity while keeping his feet firmly and visibly planted on the floor is just amazing to me.

his feet actually move and step forward, and when he’s blown back the feet lift as if he’s losing his balance. He’s a very cool AA.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So I've been watching some POV's of the loading process trying to wrap my brain around the logistics. These conclusions might be inaccurate because some people edit together different ride-throughs into one video, which makes it hard to draw some connections. Anyways, here's my theory:
View attachment 431091
First of all, the "prison cells" are already numbered, which makes labeling them a lot easier. Most of the info here has already been deduced/described by others here. The main thing I want to address is Cell 8: as far as I can tell, there are two load areas connected to this room. I've seen some videos where you exit to the left, and others where you exit to the right. Is this accurate? Or have I misinterpreted?

P.S. - I apologize for the roughness of the image. Unfortunately, I have neither the skill nor the knowledgeability of @marni1971 ;)
Cell 8 exits one side only. Cell 7 is real.

B3636B66-44F5-4B56-B56A-5EE01D94CF31.jpeg

Last edited:

SWGalaxysEdge

So I've been watching some POV's of the loading process trying to wrap my brain around the logistics. These conclusions might be inaccurate because some people edit together different ride-throughs into one video, which makes it hard to draw some connections. Anyways, here's my theory:
View attachment 431091
First of all, the "prison cells" are already numbered, which makes labeling them a lot easier. Most of the info here has already been deduced/described by others here. The main thing I want to address is Cell 8: as far as I can tell, there are two load areas connected to this room. I've seen some videos where you exit to the left, and others where you exit to the right. Is this accurate? Or have I misinterpreted?

P.S. - I apologize for the roughness of the image. Unfortunately, I have neither the skill nor the knowledgeability of @marni1971 ;)

..you mean this that I have posted before... ;-)

opening-12-6-19.png

CM.X777

Yes, if true.

Here's some other info from Westsider...
  1. Can't find CMs to work SWL.
  2. RotR is having huge issues such that it won't open on time
  3. There will be a standby line for SWL along with the boarding reservation

A lot of that info is outdated at this point. The one I can personally speak to is the first point.
From an attractions standpoint that was true, many attractions CM didn't apply to GE because they thought is would be a S show, and had no interest in doing the imerson stuff. They had A LOT fewer applications than they were expecting. This played out in several ways: 1. they took transfers from other departments with zero attractions experience (something they explicitly said they were not going to allow at one point) 2. CM were supposed to come to GE, in DL away, in 3 waves. 1st wave before opening, 2nd wave shortly after opening, 3rd wave late summer/fall. Well because of the lack of people wanting to go, waves 2 got rolled into wave 1, and wave 3 came in during the 2nd wave time frame.

oh for sure. Westsider has posted some dubious info.

But, he is right way more than he is wrong. He's basically the best insider MC has at this point with Al Lutz/MiceAge gone, and David Koenig only doing a few post a year. MC's current rumor column run by Shelly is a joke.

drizgirl

A lot of that info is outdated at this point. The one I can personally speak to is the first point.
From an attractions standpoint that was true, many attractions CM didn't apply to GE because they thought is would be a S show, and had no interest in doing the imerson stuff. They had A LOT fewer applications than they were expecting. This played out in several ways: 1. they took transfers from other departments with zero attractions experience (something they explicitly said they were not going to allow at one point) 2. CM were supposed to come to GE, in DL away, in 3 waves. 1st wave before opening, 2nd wave shortly after opening, 3rd wave late summer/fall. Well because of the lack of people wanting to go, waves 2 got rolled into wave 1, and wave 3 came in during the 2nd wave time frame.

But, he is right way more than he is wrong. He's basically the best insider MC has at this point with Al Lutz/MiceAge gone, and David Koenig only doing a few post a year. MC's current rumor column run by Shelly is a joke.
So Disney cut a lot of the live talent in the land and expected the rank and file CMs to fill in, but CM's didn't want to do it? Who would have guessed!

po1998

So once you enter the park, one person in your group can take care of boarding for everyone, or each person has to go through the boarding process?

Kman101

Park was scheduled to open at 9 we got there at 8 and missed out on boarding pass. I’ll be honest we are getting there at 0400 tomorrow , done playing around

None of us should have to get there at 4:00am but since Disney enjoys us playing a guessing game and then on a whim decides when to open ... sigh. It's getting frustrating. Once again they opened at 6:40. I have no problems with them rewarding the early bird. Of course they should. But now it's becoming a problem and guests are thinking they have to get there at 4am now.

When Disney is under no obligation to open to you because you got there at 5:00am ... so folks who are let in need to be a bit more grateful they decided to reward you. (Not saying you, just used your post as jumping point for my rant, haha)

Kman101

It was right around 7 today, which (to me) would be reasonable starting Monday with the 8 am opens. Curious to see how it works tomorrow with EMH.

Yes, that's more reasonable (heard it was 6:40) if the time is scheduled and posted to be an 8:00am opening, and I did see the crowds so I mean, I get it. It's still annoying they seem to enjoy toying with the guests on opening time. When we know they have cast scheduled for a 6am unpublished opening.

None of us should have to get there at 4:00am but since Disney enjoys us playing a guessing game and then on a whim decides when to open ... sigh. It's getting frustrating. Once again they opened at 6:40. I have no problems with them rewarding the early bird. Of course they should. But now it's becoming a problem and guests are thinking they have to get there at 4am now.

When Disney is under no obligation to open to you because you got there at 5:00am ... so folks who are let in need to be a bit more grateful they decided to reward you. (Not saying you, just used your post as jumping point for my rant, haha)

I showed up at 9 on Thursday , missed out, 0800 yesterday so I got tired of playing so showed up early , this is getting tiring playing this game with Disney

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom