News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Weather_Lady

I’m just waiting to see when the powers that be determine it’s time to add FP+ to the mix.

One reputable (well-known, anyway) blogger speculated that FP+ for both Galaxy's Edge attractions may go online as early as February. This has me shaking in my boots, since they probably won't announce it too far ahead -- which means that February onsite visitors like myself aren't likely to get any advantage as we'll be well into our 60-day booking window (and presumably already into the 30-day window), and will be competing with everyone else in the universe to get those FP+ once they're released. And if they don't make major changes to the tier system and bump some of the Tier 1s down to Tier 2, we're looking at having to rope drop HS 2 or 3 times (for Toy Story, and Galaxy's Edge) if we don't want any prohibitively long standby waits.

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that the boarding group system will still be in place when we go. We don't mind arriving at the crack of dawn if we can get a lot done.

Last edited:

Mouse Trap

Actually, Disney has a very good idea of what guests will spend.

Sure they do -- it's basics of their marketing and finance operations. I think the point I'm trying to get at with this specific user is Disney can only see their internal metrics of what someone might spend at ______ resort vs someone off property as an average. Disney can't really capture spending numbers at all of the off-property hotels. Sure they can get a broad average (Ritz vs Courtyard), but when a guest walks in and starts spending they usually can't attribute those dollars to a certain hotel that's off property.

Lirael

I think that even if people prefer the virtual queue, Disney will bring in FP+ when they're able to, since it gives them more control (due to long term insight on crowd)

Weather_Lady

My guess is if they do that, FP+ will only be open to guests with a valid hotel reservation

Hmmm... I hadn't thought about that possibility, but there is some precedent for it in the way they limited access to Galaxy's Edge to onsite hotel guests when it first opened... if they're going to go in that direction, I imagine they'd be announcing it ASAP, to try and eke out a few more onsite hotel bookings.

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
Dead serious question here...so I'm planning on getting up early on Saturday to be at the gate by 6:15am. That means I gotta wake up by like 5:15am, a completely unnatural hour for me, so I'll probably be hitting the coffee hard trying to stay upright as I wait. What happens if I have to pee? I'll probably be solo so no one to hold my spot in line for me. Do you think people will be understanding enough to let me slide back into my spot after I run to the restroom? Or will havoc ensue forcing me to the back of the line?

disneygeek90

Dead serious question here...so I'm planning on getting up early on Saturday to be at the gate by 6:15am. That means I gotta wake up by like 5:15am, a completely unnatural hour for me, so I'll probably be hitting the coffee hard trying to stay upright as I wait. What happens if I have to pee? I'll probably be solo so no one to hold my spot in line for me. Do you think people will be understanding enough to let me slide back into my spot after I run to the restroom? Or will havoc ensue forcing me to the back of the line?
They should be letting people in about 6:30, I would just wait until you get through the gates and grab a boarding group.

ImperfectPixie

I generally try to think the best of people and would hope someone would be willing to hold your spot for you, but as another poster said, try to go before-hand, or hold it...you can never tell how people will react. Personally, I would totally hold your spot - people can't help when they need to use the bathroom.

KevinPage

NO, you can pee when you’re dead 💀

bubbles1812

Id truthfully wait until you are in the park if you can. That will be close to when they likely let people into the park. And I don’t think 515 is a natural time for anyone ;). The CM we hung with Tuesday said he had to be at the park at 145 am on opening day though, so it could always be worse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom