Star Wars Launch Bay coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios later this year

TP2000

I'm resisting the urge to watch this as I don't want to be ultimately disappointed with what Hollywood studios gets.

Cheer up, I'm sure the bulk of the exhibits and concepts will be identical. I can't imagine how they couldn't be.

To help you cheer up, here's a photo of the soft drink cups they are using in Tomorrowland's new Season Of The Force. The soft drinks now come in these plastic BB8 sipper cups!
bb8-sipper-for-season-of-force.jpg

Disneyland debuted tons of additional merchandise today created just for Season Of The Force, but I imagine the various fast food containers (there are other options) will be wildly popular collectibles. All this stuff will be available at the DHS version of Season Of The Force.

boufa

Cheer up, I'm sure the bulk of the exhibits and concepts will be identical. I can't imagine how they couldn't be.

I know that there are multiple of props made for movies, but how could both places be the same. Many of the hero props can only really be in one place at a time. While I am certain that there will be similarities between them, I have to imagine that the props selected for each, and the costumes on display will vary.

Along the same line, I am not quite sure about the previous posters' automatic assumption that the WDW version will be worse than the DL version... or may seem likely to be worse. How can fans of the biggest most successful theme park in the world have such a deep inferiority complex.

mm52200

Just seeing the images and videos of Disneyland's Launch Bay makes me disappointed that the Animation attraction had to be sacrificed for this. All the Launch Bay seems to be is a Chewie and Darth Vader meet and greet location with some items on display. Outside of if you're a major SW fan this doesn't even seem as interesting or as cool as the Animation attraction was even at the end of it's life. The Drawing classes were insanely popular, lots of fun interactive games, multiple meet and greets, exhibit space, and the Mushu show. I just think that Launch Bay could have co-existed in a different space and let Animation live on. But alas.

WhatJaneSays

I know that there are multiple of props made for movies, but how could both places be the same. Many of the hero props can only really be in one place at a time. While I am certain that there will be similarities between them, I have to imagine that the props selected for each, and the costumes on display will vary.
None of the displays at either Launch Bay are going to be genuine props. Everything will be a reproduction or in some cases perhaps re-castings of things. 85% to 95% of all the Launch Bay displays will be the same just in a different configuration.

note2001

Just seeing the images and videos of Disneyland's Launch Bay makes me disappointed that the Animation attraction had to be sacrificed for this. All the Launch Bay seems to be is a Chewie and Darth Vader meet and greet location with some items on display. Outside of if you're a major SW fan this doesn't even seem as interesting or as cool as the Animation attraction was even at the end of it's life. The Drawing classes were insanely popular, lots of fun interactive games, multiple meet and greets, exhibit space, and the Mushu show. I just think that Launch Bay could have co-existed in a different space and let Animation live on. But alas.

I'm happy Disney is finally opening up the idea of using their parks to promote upcoming movies by showing behind the scenes footage, and get folk excited about it through the use of props and games. That alone is an excellent move. I was hoping they'd be using other underutilized or improperly used locations for it though (JII theater, which will now show Pixar - another decent change)

The sacrifice of the Animation Academy and the walls and walls of artwork for this is painful. For me, it was an attraction that brought a lot to DHS. (By the way, a CM at the Animation Academy told us one evening during extra magic hours that they stopped offering it later as they were having trouble filling the classes during the day, which I found to be hard to believe.) Maybe they'll bring it back once SWL opens.

note2001

None of the displays at either Launch Bay are going to be genuine props. Everything will be a reproduction or in some cases perhaps re-castings of things. 85% to 95% of all the Launch Bay displays will be the same just in a different configuration.
Not necessarily true. Props and costuming departments are typically required to make multiple of the same props or costumes just in-case something were to happen to the original. Example: swords used and carried by the stars in movies such as Hobbit, I believe I watch a video extra included with the Blu-ray in which they explained that they had made 3 of each sword... or was it 5. I wouldn't call the extras reproductions, but rather full blown props, even if they went unused.

YodaMan

Over at Disneyland, it seems Stormtroopers and Boba Fett roam around Launch Bay in addition to the official lines to meet Chewbacca and Vader. Wouldn't be surprised to see characters start to randomly rotate through (original concept art showed Sabine in the background of one image).

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Three and four! Was told by a "Star Wars expert" that that's the way it goes! Haha didn't think I'd like it but I'm hooked!! Chewy is my favorite. Can't wait to check this out!
I tend to agree with that advice. There are a few instances in the prequels where you could get a little lost without knowing what occurs in Episodes 4-6.

Don't forget you also have the 2 Clone Wars animated series you need to watch as well (watch them in between Episodes 2 and 3).

Next Big Thing

I tend to agree with that advice. There are a few instances in the prequels where you could get a little lost without knowing what occurs in Episodes 4-6.

Don't forget you also have the 2 Clone Wars animated series you need to watch as well (watch them in between Episodes 2 and 3).
I've heard watching them in the order of 4-5-(1)-2-3-6 is best to work the prequels into the original trilogy. One is in quotations as i've been told that's optional.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I've heard watching them in the order of 4-5-(1)-2-3-6 is best to work the prequels into the original trilogy. One is in quotations as i've been told that's optional.
That is called the Machete Order where 2 and 3 are watched as flashbacks.

I have never really agreed with that order. The person that supposedly came up with it claims Episode 1 is irrelevant. While I would agree that it is irrelevant to Vader's story, I see it as essential to Obi-Wan's. Sure Jar-Jar is annoying, but I still hate him less than I hate C-3PO. A hatred only made worse by the the prequels.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom