Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

TP2000

Identical aside from minor queue differences, as has been stated by several people. And of course the third entry.

An example; in Anaheim the two main exterior queue sections for Alcatraz are side by side. In Orlando they're one in front of the other.

Very interesting. I can't wait to see the Google Earth images later in 2018 to see the compare/contrast between these two lands!

bclane

I think they'll be good. Alcatraz especially. Fans will love them.
That's good to hear. Do you know if it will be interactive or just pretty to look at? The shame is that no matter what they do, a lot of people will probably miss the queue details as they will have their faces in their phones the whole time. :rolleyes:

BrianLo

Over/Under on number of animatronics in the land? I remember reading MiceChat saying Alcatraz would have 150+ animatronics.

If the over/under for the land is set at 100 is that too high an expectation?

Are you counting what is contained in the rides in that total? I think >100 seems reasonable still. There is a heck of a lot of storm troopers that will make up the total though.

But, it's not like we'll get >100 fully articulated AA's.

However, there will certainly be more than two 'show stoppers' as seen in Pandora. We already know of a few for the land including the alien merchant and the bar that will contain another life-form reminiscent of the Avatar in stasis. I expect there will be a couple highlight AA's in Alcatraz, something of note in one or both queues. Hopefully a few living character initiatives in addition to the requisite droid activity.

BrianLo

That's good to hear. Do you know if it will be interactive or just pretty to look at? The shame is that no matter what they do, a lot of people will probably miss the queue details as they will have their faces in their phones the whole time. :rolleyes:

One step better, I believe we'll get a queue scene that will put the haunted mansion stretching room or Journey to the Centre of the Earth elevators to shame. The ride takes place on a Star Destroyer, the queue starts very much on the surface of the planet.

I think that's the source of the confusion that MiceChat had about getting on and off the ride. Depends on how involved that trip to space is.

bclane

One step better, I believe we'll get a queue scene that will put the haunted mansion stretching room or Journey to the Centre of the Earth elevators to shame. The ride takes place on a Star Destroyer, the queue starts very much on the surface of the planet.

I think that's the source of the confusion that MiceChat had about getting on and off the ride. Depends on how involved that trip to space is.
Sounds awesome! I had hoped that they would use the Star Tours vehicles to transport us to the land itself (not happening apparently) but if we get what you are talking about that would definitely be better than what I was imagining in my head for the queue. :joyfull:

Movielover

I had hoped that they would use the Star Tours vehicles to transport us to the land itself

That would be a logistical nightmare when dealing with the insane crowds that will be entering and exiting the land. Just imagine if Universal made the only way to get in and out of Hogsmede Village was by taking the train. The lines and complaints would be non-stop! Although its a little more understandable than over at Disneyland. I was reading on a Disneyland Fan site where a user wrote a pretty lengthy post about how Disneyland should build a tunnel under the ground to link their Star Tours to their Galaxy's Edge as the only entrance and exit, how crazy!

Sounds awesome!

Yes, this whole project is pretty freaking awesome! What a time to be a Star Wars fan! :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

bclane

That would be a logistical nightmare when dealing with the insane crowds that will be entering and exiting the land. Just imagine if Universal made the only way to get in and out of Hogsmede Village was by taking the train. The lines and complaints would be non-stop! Although its a little more understandable than over at Disneyland. I was reading on a Disneyland Fan site where a user wrote a pretty lengthy post about how Disneyland should build a tunnel under the ground to link their Star Tours to their Galaxy's Edge as the only entrance and exit, how crazy!

Yes, this whole project is pretty freaking awesome! What a time to be a Star Wars fan! :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:
Well of course you are right about that as there is no easy way to really pull it off. :cry: I mean to make it work they'd have to at least double if not triple the capacity or Star Tours and shorten the ride time as well. They'd also have to make it an optional way to get in and not the only way. However, besides being epic, it would control the flow of people into the land to some extent which I think is gonna be gridlocked all day every day without some form of them limiting entry. Anyway, it wont happen but I have no doubt that SW:GE is still going to be my favorite place on earth once it opens. Thank God I live in Orlando or I'd go broke trying to get here every few days. :joyfull:

Movielover

bclane

You lucky son of a gun! :grumpy:

I'm going to be soooo broke when this opens, ugh. I wonder if I can do this as a tax write off? :greedy:

Understatement of the frick'n millennium! :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:
Time to start a business that requires frequent trips to Orlando! :angelic: Can Disney bloggers write off their travel expenses to the parks?

RAXIP

I'd say on a par with but with more of an impact.

Technically more advanced of course.
?
DE5DAE19-1413-4A30-ABEE-B259ADA1AEBF.jpeg

deWild

555 pages of posts. I’m not going through every one to see if somebody discovered the location of this hotel or not. Therefore, do we have any inclination of where the SW hotel will be built?

Based on the most recent posts, it seems like it will be close to SWL. My gut is telling me maybe that’s why Star Tours is disconnected from the rest of GE, but my head says that’s preposterous, they’d never build a hotel there.

Also, in response to the claims that the access road from World Drive to DHS could be moved to support future expansion, my thought is why even have one at all? With the construction of an access road from Osceola and Victory Way, would a second entrance for vehicles truly be necessary from World Drive? Just a thought, because then the hotel could plop right behind SWL.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
555 pages of posts. I’m not going through every one to see if somebody discovered the location of this hotel or not. Therefore, do we have any inclination of where the SW hotel will be built?

Based on the most recent posts, it seems like it will be close to SWL. My gut is telling me maybe that’s why Star Tours is disconnected from the rest of GE, but my head says that’s preposterous, they’d never build a hotel there.

Also, in response to the claims that the access road from World Drive to DHS could be moved to support future expansion, my thought is why even have one at all? With the construction of an access road from Osceola and Victory Way, would a second entrance for vehicles truly be necessary from World Drive? Just a thought, because then the hotel could plop right behind SWL.

There is no concrete information on where the hotel will be, but if I had to guess I would say somewhere in this area. As you suggest, if the entrance is complete removed they could use the land directly behind SWL, but even a small hotel would need more space then that.

upload_2017-9-5_12-46-52.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom