Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

No Name

@marni1971 rarely do I ask you questions, but particular people on the Disneyland thread are trying to claim that DL has plenty of room for their Star Wars Land, while DHS's is grasping for space. They're using, as evidence, the fact that there's less room to the left of Alcatraz in DHS than there is in DL.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Could you give the reason for the difference? Or at least say the reason isn't that the land is "grasping for space" in DHS?

Last edited:

roj2323

@marni1971 rarely do I ask you questions, but particular people on the Disneyland thread are trying to claim that DL has plenty of room for their Star Wars Land, while DHS's is grasping for space. They're using, as evidence, the fact that there's less room to the left of Alcatraz in DHS than there is in DL.
View attachment 225713
View attachment 225715

Could you give the reason for the difference? Or at least say that the reason isn't space contraints in DHS?
That's nothing a bulldozer couldn't fix in about 3 days. Realistically however, the expansion space for DHS is simply in a different location or locations as it were. There's space between Alcatraz and GRM unlike the Disneyland version which has a railroad, river and other stuff in that spot for example.

Magic Feather

View attachment 225713
View attachment 225715

Could you give the reason for the difference? Or at least say the reason isn't that the land is "grasping for space" in DHS?
Not Martin, but, It was just WDI fitting DL's SW:GE into a D___ expansion pad. Barring the entrance transitions, this was practically a clone, which was just "because it was easier" and they didnt want to give WDW a unique layout. Why? That is for another person or time.

BD-Anaheim

Not understanding the "grasping for space" theory simply because the Alcatraz queue is close-up to Muppets. This is due to transition layout whereas the DL version is positioned at a different angle with no buildings immediately adjacent.

No Name

Not understanding the "grasping for space" theory simply because the Alcatraz queue is close-up to Muppets. This is due to transition layout whereas the DL version is positioned at a different angle with no buildings immediately adjacent.

Oh, I don't either, especially when all other evidence points against that. But, you know, it stems from bias. People looking for things they want to see. They'll be proven wrong in a year or two.

Problem is, I'm not that patient.

Last edited:

PizzaPlanet

View attachment 225713
View attachment 225715

They have so much room in DL that they are getting a Star Wars resort and WDW isn't. Oh wait...

BrianLo

Oh, I don't either, especially when all other evidence points against that. But, you know, it stems from bias. People looking for things they want to see. They'll be proven wrong in a year or two.

Problem is, I'm not that patient.

The entrance from Critter Country is a bit more meandering than the entrance from Grand Avenue. The extended queue sits more in front of Alcatraz as opposed to thinned out to the side. They wound up with an expansion pad where rivers of America isn't and didn't have a logical way to make a third entrance.

It doesn't mean anything other than they had to make some slight modifications to the clone designed for DL's long and thin behind the berm plot fit into more of a wider, but not as long square.

I don't really know what the point is other than this wasn't designed for DHS... but because WDW has so much space it was pretty easy to stick in somewhere without major modifications. Same for Tron and Rat. If the point is this wasn't designed for DHS, ya it wasn't really designed for DHS, but that won't really matter or effect the final product in isolation. And also because DHS won't be DHS...

Movielover

Why does it matter to them? I don't get it. Because they have to be superior to WDW? Because everything's better at DL? What's the purpose? Lol

Because it was "Walt's park", that means they have to figuratively and literally splooge themselves over how amazing Disneyland is every time it's mentioned.

At least ours is going into the right park ;)

You can make the argument that behind Frontierland and Fantasyland is the perfect place for Star Wars Land since it's based on a fairy tale mixed with western elements that's all set "Once upon a time in a far away place" ;)

Kman101

Because it was "Walt's park", that means they have to figuratively and literally splooge themselves over how amazing Disneyland is every time it's mentioned.

You can make the argument that behind Frontierland and Fantasyland is the perfect place for Star Wars Land since it's based on a fairy tale mixed with western elements that's all set "Once upon a time in a far away place" ;)

You could. I don't necessarily hate it there. My personal preference would have been a third gate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom