Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

roj2323

C5h9xpcWgAAmhTN.jpg:large

C5h7CqDWcAEWSX7.jpg

C5h-iNeWAAAdXAU.jpg

bioreconstruct‏@bioreconstruct

He's posted a ton of other photos as well but I didn't see anything of significance that has changed in the rest of the SWL area.

Last edited:

sunsetblvd26

Ignore me, didn't realize the person was talking about Disneyland.

@Magic Feather I believe briefly mentioned it somewhere for the 50th.

Edit: I can't find the post, perhaps I dreamed this up.
@WildcatDen mentioned a water ride in the Rat thread.
That is better than what I had heard; RAT is being considered a 50th offering with, as you say, another WS project. This is not, to what I was told, a new country but rather an attraction in an existing country. I believe what you are saying is that FW will also get a non GOTG for the 50th and another WS project over and above RAT. For HS, as I mentioned in another thread, I had heard one of the offerings may be a water ride. AK, may actually get a fairly large dose, unless that certain proposal is what you are talking about. With the already newish Pandora I would be very surprised if they go through with this by the 50th. I tend to think it will be something very welcome but on not such a scale? I have only heard of one potential new thing for MK for the 50th ride wise, but the park would benefit from a lot of plussing in a lot of areas. While this will be GREAT come 2021, there will be a lot of disappointed MK guests in 2019 and 2020 due to the high number of closures. That is why having the other parks complete offerings ahead of this it vital. Pandora, TSL, SWL, and EPCOT will need to carry the load. . .

Goofyernmost

Ignore me, didn't realize the person was talking about Disneyland.

@Magic Feather I believe briefly mentioned it somewhere for the 50th.

Edit: I can't find the post, perhaps I dreamed this up.
I remember quite a while ago that someone saw the concept art for SWL in Disneyland that included water. They thought that meant that there would be a water ride. After brief discussion it was determined that the water they were seeing was the river of America and had to be moved to make room for SWL. I don't remember any other discussion since that point, but, I could have missed something.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Ya know, it looks like they could just link up Star Tours with SWL and have Muppet Courtyard be some doorway into that courtyard leading to some alternate dimension. Could even have had a small incline down into MC starting from Drive-In and a bigger over pass starting from Star Tours entrance.

But alas, not meant to be.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
View attachment 191379 View attachment 191380
Considering Marni's (amazing) drawing, it almost looks like they are going to expand SoA once again (or at least build a few new façades) right before the transition into SWL.
That's probably my mistake. The only facade remaining is the one that's there today. The second one I originally drew has gone and I don't believe will be replaced.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Serpico said it was being discussed for DHS. Your straight denial makes sense based on other things I have seen, but to date, Serpico has been fairly accurate if not a little vague (on purpose?)
Not saying it's not real, but I've not heard of it (nor is anything like it green lit or blue sky from what I know)

I'm always at pains to say I don't know nearly everything nor do I pretend to :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom