Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Maybe I'm just WAY behind but the blog showing DL Star Wars Land vertical said something about a boat ride - is there a boat ride I missed somewhere?

BrianLo

Maybe I'm just WAY behind but the blog showing DL Star Wars Land vertical said something about a boat ride - is there a boat ride I missed somewhere?

Nope, not sure who you are referring to but they either mean Pandora or the water ride in consideration for the 50th.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Nope, not sure who you are referring to but they either mean Pandora or the water ride in consideration for the 50th.

No this was on the blog talking about Star Wars Land in Disney Land - which is why I'm confused. See below:

From: https://blog.disneygeek.com/2017/02/10/disneyland-star-wars-construction-check-210/

Capture.PNG

TP2000

Mark Twain river boat?
Right. You can see the beginnings of the trestle that the train will ride on in the background.

Bingo!

The Disneyland version has had the Rivers of America and Disneyland Railroad closed for 18 months, reopening this summer, to reroute everything further south to accommodate Star Wars Land on the northern side of the park.

The Disneyland version of the artwork shows the Rivers of America south of Star Wars Land, where the Disneyland Railroad, Mark Twain Riverboat, Sailing Ship Columbia and the Explorer Canoes will all travel along. The green island is Tom Sawyer Island. Funny how they fuzz all that out for the Star Wars artwork.
SWThemedLand.jpg

What I find interesting is which came first; the Star Wars Land footprint, or the new Rivers of America footprint? And which dictated the shape of which in the planning phases? I ask because it will be interesting to see how the cloned version in DHS creates the same sort of southern boundaries along its perimeter with the rest of DHS, but without a river and a railroad.

clemmo

Interesting I didn't know that the water ride was being considered for DHS. This is still in addition to SWL, TSL, Mickey ride, and possible and dare I say likely re-skin of Star tours? DHS really needs more water rides and water features added imo.

ToTBellHop

Bingo!

The Disneyland version has had the Rivers of America and Disneyland Railroad closed for 18 months, reopening this summer, to reroute everything further south to accommodate Star Wars Land on the northern side of the park.

The Disneyland version of the artwork shows the Rivers of America south of Star Wars Land, where the Disneyland Railroad, Mark Twain Riverboat, Sailing Ship Columbia and the Explorer Canoes will all travel along. The green island is Tom Sawyer Island. Funny how they fuzz all that out for the Star Wars artwork.
SWThemedLand.jpg

What I find interesting is which came first; the Star Wars Land footprint, or the new Rivers of America footprint? And which dictated the shape of which in the planning phases? I ask because it will be interesting to see how the cloned version in DHS creates the same sort of southern boundaries along its perimeter with the rest of DHS, but without a river and a railroad.
Not that interesting. They'll build a berm.

Goofyernmost

Interesting I didn't know that the water ride was being considered for DHS. This is still in addition to SWL, TSL, Mickey ride, and possible and dare I say likely re-skin of Star tours? DHS really needs more water rides and water features added imo.
Interesting, because this is probably the first time it has ever even been mentioned. To my knowledge it wasn't even brought up as an option. Perhaps people are thinking of Pandora.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Interesting, because this is probably the first time it has ever even been mentioned. To my knowledge it wasn't even brought up as an option. Perhaps people are thinking of Pandora.

Probably not the right spot for this, and even the thought of it makes no sense to me, but I was told a water ride is back in discussion for DHS. It is not part of either current build but is being looked at as another option for the 50th, I was not told the theme or if this would be Splash Mountain level or Pirates, just that it is a water ride. Grain meet salt. . .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom