Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend - The Dark Side

AuburnBelle919

Happy they finally gave us the course-especially the Pandora portion!! I also love running around World Showcase!

Got my shirt in the mail today:
4A890390-B210-4F65-96D9-54CA0DFE6605.jpeg

Ready (and getting a little nervous) for my first half!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Yay! I can start planning my bathroom stops now. (I’ll be at 24 weeks by race day, so I’m sure I’ll be making many pit stops, haha!)

There will be plenty of porta potties at the corrals. But those first few will be a mile or two from the starting line. I scope them out on the way to/from the Expo. And it will be a warm race weekend.

Figment82

There will be plenty of porta potties at the corrals. But those first few will be a mile or two from the starting line. I scope them out on the way to/from the Expo. And it will be a warm race weekend.

Oh trust me, I am more than familiar with the porta potties by the corrals. 😂 I’m rather ashamed to admit it! I prefer to hold out for the in-park bathrooms on the course, and then pick the larger ones so there’s not as long of a wait. As long as I can at least make it from the start to mile 4.5, I should be golden! 😜

LizaMarie89

I love this course - I love this course even more after doing the Disney Half. Am hoping to stop for some pictures this year if my ankle allows it!

So the challenge folks get their 10K Corral at the race?

LAKid53

Premium Member
I love this course - I love this course even more after doing the Disney Half. Am hoping to stop for some pictures this year if my ankle allows it!

So the challenge folks get their 10K Corral at the race?

No, at bib pickup. Your bib will have 2 letters on it - first is your 10K corral, second is Half. Kinda surprised event guide doesn't show corral numbers for races - they have in the past.

LAKid53

Premium Member
G for Half. Don't know for the others, but most likely towards the rear. Guide doesn't show the corral designations this time.

AuburnBelle919

I’m also in G. Happy to not be in the last corral which I expected to be in since I didn’t turn in a proof of time. Got a great 10-mile run in today-it helps when this is my course.
89A244AF-E6C6-408A-A240-F7A1FBA319F2.png

LizaMarie89

I keep wondering if I am reading my corral wrong - if I'm where I think I am I will be dropping back a few for the half - I'm injured and I don't want to get in the way of faster runners

LAKid53

Premium Member
I keep wondering if I am reading my corral wrong - if I'm where I think I am I will be dropping back a few for the half - I'm injured and I don't want to get in the way of faster runners

If your bib number falls within a range of numbers for a corral, that's the one you're assigned to. Make sure you are looking at corral assignments for the correct race - bib numbers for those running just the Half differ from those running the Challenge.

LizaMarie89

I'm running the challenge and if I look at the range for the challenge it put me in corral A. I will be dropping back to C or D for safety reason.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I'm running the challenge and if I look at the range for the challenge it put me in corral A. I will be dropping back to C or D for safety reason.

Well, that means you provided a PoT under 1:50. Wow, congratulations. Too bad that you are injured.

Yeah, if you're injured, it's probably wisest to drop back a corral or two for the Half and maybe even the 10K. But you'll still be able to get lots of photos

LizaMarie89

I know it's too early to look at the weather but right now the prediction is similar temperatures to last year - yay for no iguanas falling out of trees because it's too cold for this one!

LAKid53

Premium Member
I know it's too early to look at the weather but right now the prediction is similar temperatures to last year - yay for no iguanas falling out of trees because it's too cold for this one!

Oh, I'm hoping that low in the low 60s and highs in the low 80s is accurate....and overcast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom