News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

NobodyElse

Does anyone think an omnimover going at an elephant's pace is a good idea?

I seems like you're expecting a "no" answer.

To me, the answer depends on many factors. If the omnimover is moving past something interesting and highly detailed (like the progress city model), I want a relatively slow speed.

Also note that elephants can hit 15 MPH, so maybe that's too fast. ;-)
https://news.stanford.edu/pr/03/elephants49.html

BD-Anaheim

The equivalent of that in DHS's land. Walt Disney World's land has the same shape as disneylands, but without the same reason for the barriers to that side of the land. Disneyland has fantasmic storage and ROA. WDW's has an awkward couple of acres of fake berm, backstage access, and random backstage islands between star wars and some other show buildings. You couldn't even fit another track of midway mania back there though so I don't see what everybody is so excited about. Maybe a relocation of star tours?

I don't think anyone has expressed excitement over it. On the other hand, many have suggested that DL SWGE is somehow bigger.

It is nice that we can finally put that theory to rest.

BrianLo

Original Poster
From eyeballing it and not really knowing the scale all that jumps out is the missing third entrance. What do the green lines represent? The purple ones are the same except that circle.

I still don’t see any huge difference in layout except for, again, the third entrance.

Sorry, immediately got busy! The green is space available at the one park and not the other. I have no idea what people refer to as the definitive third entrance, but it’s the Critter Country/Grande Ave entrances where there is a solid ~0.5 acre difference.

The question mark in DHS is purely because we all assume the tree line will extend roughly down to that point. It represents a potential spot to expand somewhat. For various reasons DHS chose not to rearrange backstage or elements of the land therefore giving it the ‘squished’ impression that drives this lovely meaningless (but endlessly amusing) discussion. It’s more of a square shoved into a rectangular hole.

Many guests will surely be crushed to death because of these choices... better than the planned death by suspended ovens they have planned just out front.

Mike S

Sorry, immediately got busy! The green is space available at the one park and not the other. I have no idea what people refer to as the definitive third entrance, but it’s the Critter Country/Grande Ave entrances where there is a solid ~0.5 acre difference.

The question mark in DHS is purely because we all assume the tree line will extend roughly down to that point. It represents a potential spot to expand somewhat. For various reasons DHS chose not to rearrange backstage or elements of the land therefore giving it the ‘squished’ impression that drives this lovely meaningless (but endlessly amusing) discussion. It’s more of a square shoved into a rectangular hole.

Many guests will surely be crushed to death because of these choices... better than the planned death by suspended ovens they have planned just out front.
Half an acre more? I’m expecting just more trees and that’s it. Maybe a rundown looking ruin squished in too.

Curious Constance

From MousePlanet:

Toydarians to set up shop in Galaxy's Edge

In Star Wars lore, the Toydarians are a species of small, flying creatures who are immune to Jedi mind tricks. The best-known Toydarian is Watto, a junk dealer and slave trader from The Phantom Menace who owned the young Anakin Skywalker.

Handcrafted Star Wars toys will be sold in a new Toydarian street market inside Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge.

https://www.mouseplanet.info/gallery/d/285898-1/toy234087-600x338-Disney.jpg

Chapek announced that a Toydarian will run a street market in the new Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, and will offer for sale "handcrafted" toys of popular Star Wars characters.

Mike S

From MousePlanet:

Toydarians to set up shop in Galaxy's Edge

In Star Wars lore, the Toydarians are a species of small, flying creatures who are immune to Jedi mind tricks. The best-known Toydarian is Watto, a junk dealer and slave trader from The Phantom Menace who owned the young Anakin Skywalker.

Handcrafted Star Wars toys will be sold in a new Toydarian street market inside Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge.

https://www.mouseplanet.info/gallery/d/285898-1/toy234087-600x338-Disney.jpg

Chapek announced that a Toydarian will run a street market in the new Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, and will offer for sale "handcrafted" toys of popular Star Wars characters.
That’s really the actual name of the species ever since Phantom Menace came out? To me it sounds like a cheap and uninspired way to tie into the fact he’ll sell toys, lol.

Curious Constance

That’s really the actual name of the species ever since Phantom Menace came out? To me it sounds like a cheap and uninspired way to tie into the fact he’ll sell toys, lol.

I had no idea if that's was the real name. I've always been a fair weathered Star Wars fan. My eyes gloss over when people start talking details. But I just looked it up, and they are in fact called Toydarians.

I'd like to see an AA of Watto hurling personlized insults at people as they walk by. Something like Roz in Monsters Inc. I get the biggest kick out of her talking to my kids. lol She's talked to my daughter twice and called her selfish for not trading glasses with her. LOL

1518899512747.png

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I had no idea if that's was the real name. I've always been a fair weathered Star Wars fan. My eyes gloss over when people start talking details. But I just looked it up, and they are in fact called Toydarians.

I'd like to see an AA of Watto hurling personlized insults at people as they walk by. Something like Roz in Monsters Inc. I get the biggest kick out of her talking to my kids. lol She's talked to my daughter twice and called her selfish for not trading glasses with her. LOL

View attachment 264808

My understanding is there will be sometype of flying AA in that shop. So you may get your wish....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom