News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Pam Hates Penguins

We need pizza in our parks like this:
Trevi-Cheese-Pizza[1].jpg

What I can dream, right?

TP2000

I'm not sure I've ever tasted Disneyland pizza. It never looked appealing to me.

It's gross. I don't think they have very good pizza ovens, and the ingredients are industrial-strength, canned not fresh, and not high quality. The crust tastes like baked Play-Doh.

While we wait for this week's pics and videos to come in from our usual Sunday sources this evening, here's a short 3 minute video of the Star Wars project at Disney World. This is taken from a great aerial vantage point (drone? helicopter? Cessna?) and shows both the Toy Story Land project and Star Wars.

Toy Story Land is the fenced in square on the upper left of the opening shot, with the most work done. I think it's safe to say here, in comparison to the current status in Anaheim, that WDW's version of Star Wars Land is around six months behind Anaheim's. But WDW gets points for that nice jazz piano they apparently play above their construction sites.

Last edited:

GiveMeTheMusic

It's gross. I don't think they have very good pizza ovens, and the ingredients are industrial-strength, canned not fresh, and not high quality. The crust tastes like baked Play-Doh.

While we wait for this week's pics and videos to come in from our usual Sunday sources this evening, here's a short 3 minute video of the Star Wars project at Disney World. This is taken from a great aerial vantage point (drone? helicopter? Cessna?) and shows both the Toy Story Land project and Star Wars.

Toy Story Land is the fenced in square on the upper left of the opening shot, with the most work done. I think it's safe to say here, in comparison to the current status in Anaheim, that WDW's version of Star Wars Land is around six months behind Anaheim's. But WDW gets points for that nice jazz piano they apparently play above their construction sites.

I don't six months covers it. As far as I know, SWL at WDW is shooting for 2021 while it will go online at DLR by late 2018. WDW just sucks at life.

Pam Hates Penguins

Especially Pizza Port.

Pam Hates Penguins

3 years behind Disneyland??? Wow. Isn't it Orlando that has the bigger competition from Universal? Competition that is partly the reason for real immersive stuff like Star Wars Land? Wow.

And for the people that say "well, Disneyland construction started earlier" it was just by three months. Not big of a deal.

BrianLo

Original Poster
I do know 2021 was the 'old plan' when Star Wars was phase three after monstropolis. I always had the strong suspicion it was moved up in the timeline when they moved it to 'phase 2'.

We'll know pretty definitively in about six months time I'd say if the site still looks like it does and if there isn't serious excavation with cement in the battle escape attraction.... then yes it's on a year(s) behind DL timeline. A lot of Disneyland's current progress is still RoA related, six months ago there wasn't a whole lot yet done for actual Star Wars.

I'm still cautiously optimistic it will open in 2019 at WDW... but that's mostly because I want to see what's after Star Wars and don't want to wait until 2025 to have a reason to go back.

D

Deleted member 107043

WDW will have its massive Avatar World or whatever it's called to brag about for at least 2 years starting next summer, so I'm not all that concerned about Disney's Florida operations. SW Land's slow start out of the gate isn't likely to have any drag on overall resort attendance, especially with Avatar about to launch. Plus it looks like TS Land might open before SW Land, so there's that too.

Pam Hates Penguins

WDW will have its massive Avatar World or whatever it's called to brag about for at least 2 years starting next summer, so I'm not all that concerned about Disney's Florida operations. SW Land's slow start out of the gate isn't likely to have any drag on overall resort attendance, especially with Avatar about to launch. Plus it looks like TS Land might open before SW Land, so there's that too.

Avatar Land will just be a shiny reflection in the pan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom