News Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser to permanently close this fall

Matt

Logan and Olivia's dad
Premium Member
Ray Liotta Lol GIF

CaptainAmerica

Wow…instead of lowering the prices to make it affordable to a greater audience, they decide to just close it. I would have loved to have gone.

And it’s not even Friday afternoon.

No surprise. Just humble pie.

My exact thought. Just make it more affordable. It got pretty good reviews otherwise.

It's nice to see them trying new things. This was probably doomed to fail from the beginning, but it was creative and unique and we should want more of that, not less.

"Lowering the price" was never going to work because it's so labor intensive to run the thing.

trainplane3

It's nice to see them trying new things. This was probably doomed to fail from the beginning, but it was creative and unique and we should want more of that, not less.

"Lowering the price" was never going to work because it's so labor intensive to run the thing.
It's less of "I wanted it to fail" and more of "they could've tried altering the hotel experience to welcome guests with lower prices".

I loved the idea of it but anyone could tell it wasn't going to last long by the price. How many families would drop that much money for 2 nights? Of course Disney visits are finite but this was finite to a whole new level.

I want to see more crazy stuff like this but have plans in place to modify it over time.

DavidDL

It looked awesome and I really wanted to do it but there was just absolutely no way I could justify the price. For two nights there, I could nearly afford two week-long trips to the parks in Orlando or a major trip out somewhere else like Japan. Shame they couldn't have found some sort of middle ground between price and experience offered.

Looking on the bright side and this being Orlando, I wonder if they could expand Galaxy's Edge East with new attractions/offerings using the former walkway to the box truck transport and former hotel land space?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom