News Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser to permanently close this fall

ChrisM

It's nice to see them trying new things. This was probably doomed to fail from the beginning, but it was creative and unique and we should want more of that, not less.

"Lowering the price" was never going to work because it's so labor intensive to run the thing.

Trying new things is great, but the implementation displayed an audacious lack of perspective.

Had they built a Star Wars Hotel such that it was actually connected to/built into Galaxy's Edge they could have kept a lot of the story and LARPing features but also made some of it somewhat more available to the general public - and it would have been instantly more appealing to a larger audience.

Oh, and don't lock the timeline into the sequel trilogy. Jesus.

note2001

Wow…instead of lowering the prices to make it affordable to a greater audience, they decide to just close it. I would have loved to have gone.
If Disney were smart they'd turn the site into an interactive theater deploying from Batuu for a few hours, some on hands activities/a meal and back again.

But who says Disney ever makes the best use of their existing resources?

zemmyz

As a big fan, I am incredibly bummed I never even have a chance of doing it for a cheaper price. It was everything I could have wanted to do within the parks, but the price always crushed me. I know the chances are slim, with the shortcomings of a usual hotel (windows, pool, etc) but man, really hope it can be salvaged in any way as some form of hotel.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It was an experiment in a high priced experience that did not work beyond the initial superfans and bloggers. It was doomed as soon as the pricing was revealed at $5000+. A huge number of potential guests at that point just switched off to the project.

It seemed obvious then, and even more so now, but what should have been built was an actual Star Wars hotel, at a price point consistent with other deluxe accommodations at WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom